FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Poison prices
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Poison prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Poison prices

I'm just wondering if poison prices are really set correctly, or if someone misplaced a decimal. It seems a little odd that there's a 1.2 gap between each alchemy potion, but only .18 between each poison.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject:

I agree the poison prices should be looked at, aswell as the prices for the tomes

Still

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject:

Ok really, has anyone looked into this?

For the enlightenment of others (since Stilldawn and I seem to be the only ones who care about this):

Vial of Pain
Skill required: 42
Max unit price: 75

The Black Vial
Skill required: 150
Max unit price: 76.62

Elixir of Quickness
Skill required: 42
Max unit price: 89.4

Elixir of Wealth
Skill required: 150
Max unit price: 109.8

Difference in poison price: 1.62
Difference in potion price over the same skill range: 20.4

I'm not saying they should be the same, but that looks a little off to me. Unless there is some reasoning behind it, which would be nice to hear, too.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject:

The quick and dirty answer is that the release of new alchemical potions has brought this to light (previously I believe poisons sold for the most despite much tighter gaps in value), but prices for poisons were never adjusted.

But to be honest, this is a really low priority issue. I don't know when or if a change will be made.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Ok thanks for the response.
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject:

Was just wondering if this is planning on being fixed in the near future. I don't want to bug or anything, but it's really frustrating when I'm trying to get money for a home, and I have to rely on alchemy to do it when I have so much poisons skill and all that really is good for nothing.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Your poisons skill is good for -nothing- ?

Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject:

Not worth training after you get black vial anyways.
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

That's sort of like saying there's no point in training evasion once chiths can't hit you; which is why I'll continue making a point to go to Dixie for poison mixing rather than Agents with underachiever potency ambitions.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject:

You go ahead and do that, since she will get better poisons than any agent anyway. In the meantime, I'd still very much like the prices to be fixed. Taking care to make new potions and make the prices right there and stuff and then just not doing poisons, and saying that it's low priority and may not get done at all just seems like a big Eff Yoo to agents in my opinion.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Since your attitude is that harsh toward prices and priority, I'd like to apologize for poor judgement in electing to give you backstabbing, sapping, hamstring, sniping, shadows, and assassination abilities instead; our "Eff You", as it were. Functionality and application of Agents as a professional concept obviously lose to marketability in this case.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Tyger, I understand what you're asking for, and why you're asking for. And, I don't find the request to be unreasonable.

But, I don't think the "man poisons skill sucks, wtf did you people put it in the game??" attitude is beneficial, you know? It doesn't have anything to do with your actual complaint even, especially given the fact that more poisons skill = more doses = more money for the same work.

So yes... poisons skill does help you, and it actually helps you with the very thing you posted about... monetary value of poisons (not to mention cutting down on how often you have to make a new vial if you use your poisons). Plus, poison skill makes your poisons more potent. Life doesn't end when you get the black vial.

But, back to point, can we make requests and suggestions without degenerating into an attack or criticism irrelevant to the post at the same time? It would sure make any developer more inclined to react well to your request/suggestion, and would make our job of adding content to the game a more enjoyable experience.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
But, back to point, can we make requests and suggestions without degenerating into an attack or criticism irrelevant to the post at the same time? It would sure make any developer more inclined to react well to your request/suggestion, and would make our job of adding content to the game a more enjoyable experience.

in fairness tygerwulf did pretty much say "alchemy sells better that poisons, so my poison skill is useless in comparision to using alchemy for money-making purposes," and everyone translated that to "poison sucks all agents are hated." it was a discussion solely on how it works money-making wise, not how it works as a whole.

i'm not saying he's right, because IIRC poison learning caps out a lot sooner than 215 like alchemy, but it would help to have originally said that and how more poison does help money gain or, hell, just say poison isn't intended to make money and is solely focused on aiding in combat with a side order of creation system based cash making.

that said, it's often amazingly hard to critique the game without some taking it at the worst value possible. this is why i pretty much stopped trying to talk about the game economy, since anytime i go "hey i'd like some new ways to make money at 100+" i get accused of being greedy/uncaring/selfish/"all you care about is money and no other development so why would i bother coding for you if all you do is try to profit off of it"/etc.

we want the game improved because we want the game to succeed. some of us like the idea of gaining powers/exp, some of us like the idea of gaining RP opportunities, and some of us like the idea of gaining wealth. some of us like a mix of all of them, like me. but when i (or tygerwulf or any others) sometimes say something with just money in mind, out of nowhere everyone forgets we love a lot more to the game and we're just talking about this one thing this one time.

and it's amazingly frustrating to want to contribute when that's the case.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I guess the thing that irritated me was that the reponses to my request didn't actually address my actual request. I do understand the benefits of the poison skill, as I usually use it for my sole tool in hunting. I only wanted what should have been done originally, to be done, and I'm sorry if I came across more harshly than I intended.

Quote:
But, back to point, can we make requests and suggestions without degenerating into an attack or criticism irrelevant to the post at the same time?

You may want to tell this to Mickey as well. I appreciate all the stuff that is done for us, and my gripe was specifically for poisons, saying that it needs work, not "OMG everything agents have suck". And I don't appreciate being berated after every post I make.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You may want to tell this to Mickey .. don't appreciate being berated after every post I make.

Tygerwulf wrote:
a big Eff Yoo to agents

was not only heavy-handed and petty, but also entirely uncalled for, in my own opinion; your concerns are inarguably valid, but that passage implies that we're unconcerned with the development of professions in the game short of just passing down judgement, and I felt compelled to respond to it as a result of -- never ever ever ever would I willingly dole out a "Fuck 'em all" ideal to our playerbase, and I balk at the suggestion of such. I apologize if you felt I was coming across too strongly or unfairly.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Poison prices
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: