FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Performing and RT
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Performing and RT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Performing and RT

So I'm not a performer, but I do have a love of the performing arts. In that other game when someone sings a verse, instead of getting an RT every verse, they get something similar to the "cast time" that one recieves when casting a spell. That is, there's a period of time after preparing/invoking that the character can still move around and do other things, but they're unable to prepare or cast a spell. Singing worked the same way, one could still use the ACT, SMILE, etc. verbs to do other things while performing. It added an extra little flair to the performance if the performer was actually doing something while singing instead of just standing there and belting out a song, no matter how talented they were.

For instance, Daerlynn Soulmyste has several original songs she wrote, most of which had other actions to compliment her lyrics. It was quite amazing what she would come up with. My favorite song of hers was "The Way to a Man's Heart", which just wouldn't have been the same if she couldn't have done all those other things along with singing.

To make a long post short (too late, I know), allow the performers the ability to sing, chant, dance, strip, whatever and do other things as well.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Hrmm. A possibility. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Performing and RT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: