FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Implants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Implants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Implants

This seemed like the more obvious place for this topic, though there is a discussion on them in Guardians (or was that troopers). Any rate, Real curious about these devices. I gathered a good bit from what I read so far, such as the intentions are to have them give hard # increases vs. % increases. They, for the most part, will be removable (surgically). There will be different sized implants and will use essence accordingly.

I know there's more but I'm interested in any kind of list that is available currently? Also, if this would be a better place to start a wish list? I imagine there are several good ideas out there but one person can't think em all up.

If the wish list works here, let me know, or can we start one somewhere else?

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I know there's more but I'm interested in any kind of list that is available currently? Also, if this would be a better place to start a wish list? I imagine there are several good ideas out there but one person can't think em all up.

Sorry, no list available yet, but you can figure that most typical cyberware will be included.

As far as a wish list, here is fine Wink

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Ok then, cuttin the ribbon here on the new cyberware wish list.

Indoskeleton enhancements. Something along the idea of Wolverine's claws. Can't see em unless the one with em gets ticked enough to wanna use em.

Definitely eye implants. Something that has combat and medical practicalities. Combat would be along the lines of what's already been mentioned, but something else useful in both combat and medical would be X-Ray. (be able to see what weapons one has stowed away or, see indoskeletal implants, umm, goodies one is carrying <valuables>, see through walls and doors, and of course the human anatomy for medical and possibly microscopic vision <I have heard mentioned nanobots>). I do like the idea of increase in targeting with smart ware weapons and applicable implants.

Another idea that would help out with the NPC medic idea, auto heal implants which act like med packs and heal up to a certain amount a limited # of times, then would require recharging (which would be a purchase made at the med store per chance).
Also, along this line, a beacon implant, that utilizes a paid service. Prepay at your local hospital and they will electronically credit your beacon implant. When you die, an ambulance is auto dispatched to your location and carries you back to the hospital where you are safely brought back to life and have the option to recharge the beacon at that time. No credit on the implant, you're on your own. Of course, have to figure something out on the dropped items too. Maybe doing this in a timely fashion increases opportunity to retrieve dropped items before the janitor or someone else gets em. Course, if you die, losing items is a chance you have to take.

I'm sure there's some discussion of flying or jet implants. Somehting to that affect. Not sure where to go on this one so I'll leave it alone for now.

Trying not to touch on the obvious ones, increasers (strength, speed, skills, etc.) Give me some time, I'll come up with some more.

Nojym
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Being as Techies are going to be making implants in the first place, I'd like to see things that help us with our daily routines and the like. I would suspect somethings similar to the combat/surgical "eyewear" .. though could be used to focus on one thing or another or zoom in/out when working with really small circuits -- basically boiling down to construction bonuses, I guess, as well as possibly finding really small crevices that can lead to hiding areas (think about what you had to do to get into the old Thieves' guild in Crossing in DR.. muhah, that'd be neat).

I like Nojym's "Beacon Implant" idea, but instead of it being used for just hospitalization, why not for everything? Kinda like a barcode to your bank account, you won't have to worry about someone stealing your hard earned money anymore. Go to a store, they read your barcode/implant with a spiffy device, and your account is charged accordingly. Of course, I don't think every shop would have these reading devices, so you would still have to carry money around sometimes.

How about an implant that repairs other implants (including itself)? That is, assuming that implants will eventually either "run out of juice" or errode due to human bodily fluids (if that can happen, I would also assume that Techies eventually can combat this with better constructed implants) or simply die from overuse of Magics or Psionics. The Repairing Implant would eventually run out of energy itself and would have to be removed and/or replaced. But it should atleast give people a back-up plan incase their implants get damaged and there aren't any Techies around to fix them -- again, that's assuming they can be fixed without being surgically removed first.. which leads me to...

Will Techies be able, at a certain level or something, to fix an implant if it's still inside the person's body? I think it could be done, given the right tools and knowledge and stuff. Whip out your fancy tool that resembles a laser pointer.. point it at the area with the implant.. tap a few buttons on the mini-computer thing in your other hand.. wait for the ding.. and tadah. That'd probably only be for re-aligning the machines if the person's used Magic or Psionic abilities, I'd think.. as I think only glitches would occur from such things. But then again, I could easily be wrong.

Well, I think that's enough for now. Tah.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject:

One other quick idea on the medpack implant. Uses would be stackable. Not sure how the formulations work for determining percentage of damage but, set a madpack charge to heal up to a certain percentage regardless of damage. Say a charge repairs 20% of damage, and an individual choses to use a charge with only 14% damage (frivelous), then they would be fully healed of course but if they are 55% damaged then they could use 2 charges and get down to 15% damaged or 3 charges and be fully healed. This medpack would be of fair cost to charge, but reasonable.

Nojym
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Well Brokyn, you kind of beat me to it. I wasn't going to suggest a barcode device but more simply a currency card (debit card if you will). But your idea works too. I like it.

Nojym
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Well, if the sneaky Agents get their way, we will get debit cards.. and then they can go around and snatch those from our pockets, and then somehow get our passwords and junk. But hey, it's all in fun, right?

The only problem with a barcode printed on your body is that if you get damaged on that area, the code's pretty much worthless. If that were the case, you'd have to go pay the piper to get it reprinted on you.. or we'd have to just scrap the whole barcode idea and go with either the beacon implant or the fun little debit cards.

I'm not really that picky. I just don't want to have to run around with a shitload of money in my pockets, hoping someone won't catch me if I hit some RT spot in the middle of the road (oh, how I loathe thieves that sit at the spiderweb spot going to Leth, or the lava field going to the Haven ferry -- pardon the DR references, but it's all I know).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Thiefs, good for cleaning blades with. Any rate, the beacon implant would itself be barcoded. A miniature PDA type device. You can input into it as well as it storing your info such as bank account info that could be used to make purchases. The hospital service would be a small upgrade to the implant that would turn it into a beacon and being that it stores your info, would store your medical data as well. How many and what types of implants you have, (not sure how extensive the medical profession is going to be but) your blood type maybe, and how many deaths you've had.

See, many minds make better.

Nojym
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Are there going to be any customizable implants? Say like, a generic implant which allows you to purchase interchangeable circuts or attachments or kind of like a computer which would perform the functions of whatever OS disc is in it.
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Are there going to be any customizable implants?

Heh, thats the whol idea isnt it? Lots and lots of them.

And Gage, you make it sound like these things are gonna be breaking every 3 days, not happening.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Dragoonseal wrote:
And Gage, you make it sound like these things are gonna be breaking every 3 days, not happening.

I do, do I? I must be a Psionic in real life as well then, because I haven't even commented in this discussion until now. Wink I'll stop broadcasting my thoughts so loudly.

~Dante, formerly known as Gage
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Apologies. I meant Brokyn.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I can pretend, can't I? Evil or Very Mad

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Viptir

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject:

Regarding the barcode and possibility of damaging the area, rendering the barcode useless.... I remember a B-movie scifi flick that had 'bone scans' - basically a laser code was etched into the forearm bone. Seems like a reasonable concept. And to prevent the damage, make the scan protected by the wolverine-type endoskeleton mentioned earlier. So one small area would be breakproof, right where the code is. but you can mangle, burn, tear flesh around it, but since bone is okay - still readable by scanner.

And did I read right in another discussion topic, that implants will take a small toll on essence? Any more info regarding this?
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And did I read right in another discussion topic, that implants will take a small toll on essence? Any more info regarding this?

actually, using implants will take a large toll on essence, though currently the only other thing that requires essence is certain power armors. focus points, which has a similiar concept as essence, are kept track of seperately. ya can go look at the guardian folder for more fp/essence talks.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Implants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: