Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Racism is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Racism is Dead
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rilas

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Oi don't confooze me! Confused

Four or more whatever.. doesn't matter that much, just making an excuse for why i'm such a bad racist. I need to make a list of things that're ugly, crude, stinky or whatnot, so i can make fun of people better Wink
Sure i might get killed a ton of times when pk comes back, but thats part of it anyway. I as a person am not one, so i have to watch movies with racial slurs and other garbage to get ideas, then convert em to HR lingo. Only problem is i'm pretty new to hr so, i end up saying the other races breed like rabid dogs and cockroaches; which's mixing up two different slurs, but whatever.. the person i was doing it toward loved it. Now if i could only stay off the isle long enough to hear what everyone says about it when i am doin it. I also think i should look at someone before i make fun of them, but oh well practice makes perfect. Wink
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject:

Well...gamojabs are the closest things to rabbits you'll find. I'm not sure the dust bunnies count. Wink
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
But there are eight seasons in one Haelrahvian year, right? Effectively making him 10 years old. Har.

--William

Umm, no.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
But there are eight seasons in one Haelrahvian year, right? Effectively making him 10 years old. Har.

--William

That would make Yaru 4! Sad
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject:

2 Earth years = 1 Haelrahvian year

....right? But we go by the seasons instead because saying that people are 10 intstead of 20 is rather odd...right? Right?

Confused

::looks around...darts away::
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject:

Seasons old / 4 = Earth years old.

Yaru is 32 seasons in age, so 4 Haelrahvian ages old, or 8 Earth years old.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject:

Yaru is 4...with a gun...that's just wrong. Cool

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rilas

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject:

I dunno....

I think it's pretty cool if he knows how to handle it right, and that he hasnt like blown his toes off or something Wink

THanx for clearing that up, i think... I should really stop posting and reading these when i first get up, but it's like the mornin paper.

Also, thanx Dante, i'll make sure i use that or write it down somewhere. I think Borf's are walrus' am i right? Twisted Evil
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
2 Earth years = 1 Haelrahvian year

....right? But we go by the seasons instead because saying that people are 10 intstead of 20 is rather odd...right? Right?

Confused

::looks around...darts away::

Seasons last twice as long?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject:

There are 8 seasons per Haelrahvian year, where there are 4 per Earth year. Seasons in Haelrahv's sense are a mixture of a measure of time (think: months) and climate change (think: Earth definition of seasons).

So seasons in HR take place of both "months" and "seasons". It's an odd sort of arrangement, but what else would you expect on an alien planet? Wink

BTW, the prime reason we as devs made the year so long was so that we can hold special events on their real calendar dates. For example, if you have an event that traditionally takes place at the end of the Shadan season, we could hold it then. If we had a much shorter calendar year, that event may come up more often than the staff can actually plan for and create an event for it.

This does mean, however, that player's birthdays in terms of actual years (called ages on Haelrahv) are rare, but your actual birthday in the common measure (seasons) is not overly infrequent.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Rilas wrote:
I dunno....

I think it's pretty cool if he knows how to handle it right, and that he hasnt like blown his toes off or something Wink

You shoot yourself point-blank in the forehead with a sleek black wrist-worn dart launcher with silver accents! Ouch!
Roundtime: 12 sec.

I was just trying to clean it, honest!

Embarassed
Rilas

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject:

THat's it take the gun away and lobby for gun control laws and trigger locks! Laughing
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject:

Rilas wrote:
THat's it take the gun away and lobby for gun control laws and trigger locks! Laughing

*Grumble* Good gun control is using both hands. Also, never point it at anyone you don't intend to kill. Especially yourself.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject:

Rilas wrote:

The safety on a scale-model TG23-X field rifle is already set.
You switch the safety on your field rifle to the 'OFF' position.

I know how to use my safety just fine!
Rilas

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Been a while since i checked here...

Ok well then sticky tips for you, y'know those lick em and stick em kind you might just put yer eye out or somethin. Wink
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Racism is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: