FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Our turn!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Our turn!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Our turn!

Greetings all,

It's time for us to have a Medic meeting. I'd like to go over with you all what I'm currently working on, plans I have, and get input from you on what you'd like to see, both changes to current systems and new additions.

EDIT (date): Meeting will be Friday, August 13th at 10 PM EDT in the newly opened waiting room of the Chodaku Isle Hospital. I'm hoping that time slot will allow most people to attend. This is not a closed meeting, individuals from other professions who wish to attend may.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --

Last edited by HR-Faith on Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Our turn!

HR-Faith wrote:
Greetings all,

It's time for us to have a Medic meeting. I'd like to go over with you all what I'm currently working on, plans I have, and get input from you on what you'd like to see, both changes to current systems and new additions.

Meeting will be Friday, July 30th at 10 PM EDT in the newly opened waiting room of the Chodaku Isle Hospital. I'm hoping that time slot will allow most people to attend. This is not a closed meeting, individuals from other professions who wish to attend may.

Darn, I'll miss it. That's my birthday and I'll be away. In fact I'm away all week this coming week. I do hope something is posted after for me to catch up on what happened.
 Back to top »
Vivi

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject:

!! I'm going to miss it too! I'll be out of town that entire weekend as well.
 Back to top »
Ashlyn

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Woohoo! A medic meeting. Only problem is I cannot make it, I will be away for the weekend too. Is it possible we can reschedule for the following week? Puhleeeeze, with chocolate on top?
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Wow, three in a row who can't make it.

Well, unfortunately, I'm leaving for a week the day after that, so if I am going to reschedule I'll have to make it 2 weeks forward.

Okay, reschedule is for Friday, August 13th (haha, Friday the 13th). Same time, same place. I look forward to seeing you all there. I'll also edit the announcement to show the correct date.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vivi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject:

Thank you! I look forward to the meeting. This will give me more time to think, too!

Vivi
 Back to top »
Ashlyn

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject:

Woot! I will be there. I look forward to seeing you all!
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I can make it =D
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
I can make it =D

Great! I'm hoping for a nice turn-out!

Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject:

This isn't the whole log, bug Gabriel for that Razz . This is just a shortened log with some notes I've added in (mostly because I missed some questions due to scroll).

You say, "Okay, I'm going to start by saying that most of the new experience-granting things we will be discussing today will not be implemented until the experience changes are done. If you want to know when that will be, please post on the boards and ask Trevor."

You say, "As for changes to existing systems, you will, in the near future, notice some changes to how your regenerators and cardiostimulators work."

You say, "Improvements."

Dixie Pierce asks, "Will we be able to shock living people?"

Dixie Pierce says, "What! The cardio should be our best weapon."

Dixie Pierce shrugs.

FAITH'S NOTE: NO

You say, "A lot of what doesn't make sense is getting redone."

You say, "New systems that I have been working on. As stated before, these will not be completed until the new exp changes are put in, but other than experience granting, they are close to being completed."

You say, "First and foremost, NPC healing."

You say, "You may have noticed a little remodeling going on in both hospitals."

Nelle Doran says, "As long as my morgue doesn't get moved."

You say, "No Nelle, the morgue has not been moved."

Nelle Doran says, "I'm so glad, that's where I like to spend most of my quiet time."

You say, "Each of you will be able to practice your Medic skills, like medicine and first aid, in the hospitals."

You say, "It will not replace healing people, it will not teach quite as well, but it will give you an alternative when there aren't patients. And we all know there are a shortage of patients usually, except when us above have our fun with invasions."

Faith Tempest grins evilly.

You say, "Another thing I have been working on is actually a new skill."

You say, "You will each have a new skill called 'Remedies'. You will be able to, with training, make Remedies and Medicines. Remedies will be available to all professions with skill training. Only Medics will be able to make medicines. And of course, medicines will heal people better than home remedies can."

You say, "Of course, it is up to each of you on whether you charge for medicines or not."

Brenton Miller asks, "Like antidotes?"

Dante Vamaduro asks, "Does this mean diseases will be coming soon?"

FAITH'S NOTE: Internal nerve damage will be added almost immediately, other internal damage next and diseases will be coming, but not immediately.

You say, "Store-bought antidotes will go away, because Medics will be able to make them."

You say, "Of course, as some of you may know, GM Rikiar is working on player owned shops, I'd recommend, once those are in place and medicines are in place, you work with a Bureaucrat to sell your mixes."

Dixie Pierce asks, "Will they be more effective/stronger with skill?"

You nod to Dixie Pierce.

Dixie Pierce asks, "Another words, is it worth my while to make them?"

You say, "Oh yes."

Brenton Miller asks, "Will it work like Alchemy? You get different recipes over time?"

You nod to Brenton Miller.

You say, "As you gain skill, you will be able to learn more."

You say, "Okay, now some things that are far far on the horizon."

You say, "These are still in the planning stages, and may or may not be implemented before live, I just want you to know what I have in mind."

You say, "Plastic Surgery."

You say, "Genetics and Mutations."

Brenton Miller asks, "How dramatic will the alterations we can make be?"

FAITH'S NOTE: Plastic Surgery will be limited to the mundane. With genetics and mutations, you will be able to add or grow things like tails, wings, etc.

You say, "Both of those will most likely require a quest-like thing to obtain the knowledge...I'm planning the second for a very high level skill."

You say, "Cybernetic Surgery."

You say, "That one is obvious I think."

Nelle Doran says, "So this means we won't lose the surgery skill after all then."

You say, "Surgery skill will not be going away."

You say, "You will actually have ways to train it though."

You say, "Therapy. We already have Gemrem's and plans for other 'mental conditions'. As some of you know, we are planning on having alcohol actually affect people, and we are also planning on having addictive drugs. Therapy will be the 'counterpart' to that. Most likely this will not be until live."

Dixie Pierce asks, "Once the new experience systems are in place this means 2 more skills for sure to train. What about surgery?"

Dixie Pierce says, "That will be 3 more skills and medics already run out pretty fast."

FAITH'S NOTE: As has been discussed repeatedly, the way you train skills is going to change dramatically with the new exp. system (please review the exp topics on the General forums), so don't compare your skill points now to what is going to happen in the future. Most of you will have much more leeway on what to train, and you will also be able to forego training with a trainer the skills you use because you will learn those by DOING.

Brenton Miller asks, "So we'll be able to train it after we change the experience system? Or just when the system starts coming into play?"

Brenton Miller says, "Assuming it's before live."

You say, "After the change to the exp system."

You say, "And last thing I have to tell you is, sometime in the very near future I plan on going back over titles. Both professional and skill (for those skills which are your core skills, FA, medicine, etc.)."

You say, "One of my biggest goals is to have the NPC healing ready for you all so when exp change goes live, it goes live."

You say, "So you can learn skills away from a trainer."

You say, "Even without PC patients."

Jade Venra says, "I dont suppose troopers would be able to do first-aide on npcs."

FAITH'S NOTE: The NPC healing is going to be a Medic only system. Troopers (and other professions) will still be able to train FA skills, as well as practice -some- healing on themselves and others (some systems will be Medic only however).

You say, "Okay, now, I am opening the floor to questions and suggestions."

You say, "I'd like you all to think about possible titles, I'll add a topic about that to the forums."

Dixie Pierce says, "I would like to ask for "odd" ingredients for medicines."

You ask, "Odd?"

Dixie Pierce says, "Example: things that aren't in the potion/poison lists."

You nod to Dixie Pierce.

Dixie Pierce says, "Like ground up buck antlers. Odd things that old people would have used for "remedies"."

Dixie Pierce says, "Just crazy shit."

You nod to Dixie Pierce.

Dixie Pierce says, "Out of the way, not normal stuff."

You agree with Dixie Pierce.

Dixie Pierce says, "Just make it time consuming."

Dixie Pierce says, "So we have something to do other than hunt."

Nelle Doran says, "Okay.. I hate to ask this but it has come up.."

You nod to Nelle Doran.

You say, "Go ahead."

Nelle Doran asks, "What about obstetrics?"

You say, "Well."

You say, "It's really not practical."

You say, "As fun as it would be."

Brenton Miller asks, "What's an obstetric?"

You turn to Brenton Miller and say, "Pregnancy doc."

Brenton Miller says, "You could make it for NPCs only."

FAITH'S NOTE: If I did it for NPCs, I'd have someone clamoring for it for PCs, and my stance on it right now is, it's not going to happen. That may change way ahead in the future, but with the game evolving the way it is, I don't see it being practical.

You say, "There is no way for someone to come out of the CM less than 14 years old, anyone younger than that was altered."

You say, "I just don't see obstetrics as being feasible, since we aren't allowing people to be 'born'."

You say, "So it's really not practical."

Brenton Miller asks, "How about veterinarians?"

Jade Venra says, "Pets should be hit by misfortunes."

Jade Venra says, "Especially if let starve."

You say, "Vets...perhaps in live. That would require a lot of work between GM Ashara (pets) and myself."

Arisu Shinobu says, "Well, if you're going to let pets die/get sick because of neglect, I think there should be some sort of punishment for owners who mistreat/starve them."

Jade Venra says, "Perhaps have an effect on alignment as well, if pets are ill-treated."

You say, "That's something that has been brought up to GM Ashara."

Dixie Pierce asks, "Any chance of us seeing more enhancers like the agility enhancer?"

Dixie Pierce says, "Steroids, which could go along with the legal system and get US and the USER in trouble if it was traceable back to us."

Dixie Pierce says, "Agility, Strength, Coord inhancers."

FAITH'S NOTE: Some drugs will have 'euphoric' effects, but those will be the illicit kind. Potions (like the agility enhancer) are more alchemy-related and should be brought up to the mage guru).

You say, "That goes along with the illicit drugs, I see that all happening in live. Illicit drugs, therapy by medics to treat them, and if caught with them, tied into the justice system."

Arisu Shinobu asks, "Will there be a penalty for medics who help drug users?"

Brenton Miller asks, "Like an alignment hit for mixing up those illegal things?"

Dixie Pierce says, "I want to see evil medics not being able to work in the Hospital also."

FAITH'S NOTE: Maybe, some doctors (RL) aren't exactly 'good' and still practice.

Arisu Shinobu says, "Well, I mean without reporting them as a drug user."

FAITH'S NOTE: I'm going to use real world again and say that if someone is trying to get off the drugs, there shouldn't be a need to report them. Now, if someone asks you for illegal drugs and you don't make them, you should probably report them...and that's another thing to think about adding to the system.

Arisu Shinobu says, "If it's illegal."

You say, "Not if you are helping them recuperate, i.e. Therapy. If you are making illegal drugs, you will run the same risk as anyone else making them."

You say, "The drug system is going to be a huge undertaking by many GMs working together, as it will affect a few professions directly and all indirectly."

Arisu Shinobu asks, "So are there going to be drug dealers?"

Jade Venra says, "Agents could black-market it."

Arisu Shinobu asks, "Or is it just something you ask someone to make for you/make yourself?"

You say, "That's something you'd have to ask around discreetly about."

Arisu Shinobu says, "I'm not the type, I'm just intrigued. Never seen that in other lands."

Arisu Shinobu asks, "When are those projected?"

FAITH'S NOTE: Some are projected for now (meaning very near future), some are projected for as soon as the exp change is in effect, some are projected for live, and some are just thoughts right now. I tried to list where each thing was in it's stage of development as it was discussed.

You ask, "First, do any of you have any suggestions for improvement of existing systems?"

You say, "I'm asking because these are things I can get rolled out quickly."

Dixie Pierce says, "Extensive massage therapy. I'm talking massage tables, massage oils, increased time someone is "invigorated" if using massage "therapy" as opposed to just a plain old medic massage."

You say, "Okay, good suggestion. I'll look into that."

Nelle Doran says, "I'd love for more reason to use antodotes.."

You say, "Okay, Nelle, on the subject of antidotes...I'd need to talk with GM Solphan about that, because it seems most poisons are either *wanted* by the person (they are trying to build up a tolerance), or almost insta-death."

Dixie Pierce says, "I also have an idea for mana."

Dixie Pierce says, "Well, more like a suggestion. We have massage for stamina. What about having (call it ancient Eolai or ancient Alteri) techniques simillar to acupuntcure. Using pressure points to restore mana? I was thinking of ways to prevent medics from having to train spell research for rejuvenate and diffuse."

You say, "I'll have to think on that one also, but it may be doable."

Arisu Shinobu says, "I think it would be fun to be able to use surgery to operate on NPC patients in the emergency room."

FAITH'S NOTE: Another part of the NPC healing I was talking about.

Brenton Miller says, "I'd like to see some kind of tie-in with troopers. I've always thought of medics as more of a military type person."

You say, "That will definitely happen with the illicit drug system, and possibly before."

You say, "Questions and suggestions are good. Lets me know what you guys are interested in."

Nelle Doran says, "Forensics.. Autopsies.. NPC corpses to learn anatomy with on hands experience."

You say, "That's actually a good idea and would be a good add-on to the NPC healing."

You say, "Have healing in the ER and autopsies in the morgue."

Tshar Dgnara says, "How about an 'on call' option."

You ask, "On call?"

Tshar Dgnara says, "Medics can get a 'page' on their comms if they are needed."

Tshar Dgnara says, "At the hospital."

Arisu Shinobu says, "That would be cool."

You say, "I like that...I'd just need to figure out a way to do it where they can turn it off."

Tshar Dgnara says, "Have an NPC medics can 'register' with."

Tshar Dgnara says, "To be on or off call."

Nelle Doran says, "Sign up for on call duty, limited time period."

Arisu Shinobu says, "Maybe it could be like assist, you could "medic <explanation of problem>" or something and your comm could go off if you were signed up./."

Arisu Shinobu says, "So we would know if we could handle the problem or not."

Dixie Pierce says, "Have chip upgrades (beeper upgrades)."

Dixie Pierce says, "Tech installed of course."

Nelle Doran says, "I wouldn't mind actually healing AT the hospital."

You say, "I think that would be excellent."

Dante Vamaduro says, "Sort of going off of that, perhaps maybe Medics can get their own examination room in the hospital. Sort of like a house or an apartment."

FAITH'S NOTE: I'm hoping for intern apartments for Medics at the hospital, but I need to talk with Trevor on that, since he is doing player homes.

Nelle Doran asks, "Do shifts at the hospital to get paid?"

You nod to Nelle Doran.

Dixie Pierce says, "I just have one request."

Dixie Pierce says, "Make the pay WORTH it. Doctors are supposed to be rich."

Dixie Pierce says, "Right now only crats are."

Nelle Doran says, "Interns get pittance."

Jade Venra turns to Dixie Pierce and says, "Doctors are rich to cover malpractise costs."

FAITH'S NOTE: She's right...and I think along about the time I introduce genes and mutations should come malpractice...so again, deep in the future, but it's a big possibility.

Nelle Doran asks, "I remember reading something about rescue teams with portable stretchers.. will that still be possible at some point?"

Nelle Doran says, "Then the medic could wait at the hospital or something while skilled climbers get the fallen."

You say, "I'm glad you brought that up, it completely slipped my mind. Gurneys will be possible very soon. It will still require skill, but will decrease the RT and fatigue from moving a corpse."

Tshar Dgnara asks, "What about ambulences?"

You say, "Live."

You say, "All vehicles will be in live."

Arisu Shinobu asks, "When is Live? What is Live?"

FAITH'S NOTE: Please read the forum discussions covering this topic.

You say, "Okay, keep coming with the brainstorming, I'm copying this all down."

You say, "Anything else? If not, I'm going to start posting a couple of topics on the forums. Medicines, remedies and titles.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject:

This probably isn't the time or place to inquire, but I have to know. Do you intend for mutations/genetics to harm Guardians (as far as essence is concerned)? I mean if they're done correctly.. like adding wings and such.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
This probably isn't the time or place to inquire, but I have to know. Do you intend for mutations/genetics to harm Guardians (as far as essence is concerned)? I mean if they're done correctly.. like adding wings and such.

--William

I hadn't gotten that far in planning that particular thing, but I would think, because of Guardians and their attunement with their bodies, mutations could probably cause problems.

I'm not going to make any firm decisions on this yet. Because of it's very nature, genetics and mutations is going to be 'one of the' if not 'THE' highest level Medic skill, and therefore it is one of the last on my list to do. I also plan on the ability being very difficult to obtain (quest style). I'd rather get stuff out now that will help existing Medics than give the majority of them something to think about 'maybe' doing a year or two from now.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject:

I understand. I was just.. uh.. testing you? Yeah, that's the ticket.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Our turn!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: