FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Brokering and commision/tipping.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Brokering and commision/tipping.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

You ask a bureaucrat to broker for you and--
A bureaucrat agrees to broker 1000 units for $12000. In return for brokering they will keep $2000. Do you agree to this? (please type yes or no)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A bureaucrat agrees to broker 1000 units for $12000. If you would like to place a tip please enter a percentage now. (please type a number between 0 and 100- (say person entered 10)) You are considering paying a bureaucrat $1200 for their services. Yes/No
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Leave the system as it is. I don't want any reminders about tipping.
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 24

jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: good points

in reply to you, belethe, i say good points. regarding role-play, i would like to see some more of that .. whats the word .. diversity youd mentioned. itd be interesting to see wayward soldiers, really sly and crafty bureaucrats, and so forth. not everyone has to tread the same path. i think folks are starting to understand that youd like $ , because of the underwear fund if nothing else. ^_~ what helps is when the person doing the service gives a clear sign that theyd like extra. generally, id be willing, but those people have to mention it so that other players will know what is the custom.
You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
LOL. I remember those days when there was a witch hunt on people who werent using a bureacrat to broker their stuff. Ahhhh...good times.

I've always been against this personally. I think people should have the right to sell if they want to without being harassed, abused or attacked because of it.

Peak pricing should be a wonderful bonus for the patient commodity player, not a right. That's why I would support an improved market system where prices would fluctuate all the time without players' intervention.

Plus it would make the gaming more exciting. Money is even better when earned instead of given. Smile

Belethe's player.
 Back to top »
Nkehu
bluntmaster supreme!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tao wrote:
LOL. I remember those days when there was a witch hunt on people who werent using a bureacrat to broker their stuff. Ahhhh...good times.

I've always been against this personally. I think people should have the right to sell if they want to without being harassed, abused or attacked because of it.

heh, where were ya a while back? i might actually use a broker today if people weren't bein such asses about it. yes, grudges die hard with this darju...
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject:

I'm ashamed I took part in that =\, I didn't know about the other half of the system though, where you could buy them also for a long time. I just didn't see the point in not using a broker if there was no advantage to not using one. Still know I was wrong though, shouldn't have tried to force people. Crying or Very sad

Forgive Nkehu! Forgive meeeeeee! And the others that I don't really remember.
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Not long after leaving to do other things, there is someone crying for their services.

When I'm "on duty" I just watch the comm and then go out to anyone who asks for tech help. No sitting around waiting for someone to show up, and I maximize the time during which I'm actually doing whatever I want.
 Back to top »
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: good points

jade wrote:
...but those people have to mention it so that other players will know what is the custom.

Recently, I've been trying various techniques through Belethe to get the message across that she is one who accepts the $$$ and branches. Some of them was straightforward and worked, some of them (in my opinion) were far too pushy and I didn't like being so harassing, and some were so subtle that I think it flew over the heads of some people. *sigh*

Still trying to find the one perfect way to hint to people that Belethe likes accepting and usually expects bling blings. A way that I'm personally comfortable with and doesn't make me feel like a pushy salesperson in an overcrowded mall.

And no, I don't want her to just come out and say "I accept tips!".... that's so boring. Razz

I just hope no one ever gives her underwears as tips. *G* Belethe has no place in her vault and really buys underwear sparingly. The thought is that she'll rescue oppressed underwear, but there's really none to be rescued yet. *G*

And the underpants gnome takes EXCELLENT care of his preciouses.

Bell
 Back to top »
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: nods

mhm. well, whenever you do figure it out, belethe, im willing to tip.
You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: good points

winddancer wrote:
jade wrote:
...but those people have to mention it so that other players will know what is the custom.

Recently, I've been trying various techniques through Belethe to get the message across that she is one who accepts the $$$ and branches. Some of them was straightforward and worked, some of them (in my opinion) were far too pushy and I didn't like being so harassing, and some were so subtle that I think it flew over the heads of some people. *sigh*

Still trying to find the one perfect way to hint to people that Belethe likes accepting and usually expects bling blings. A way that I'm personally comfortable with and doesn't make me feel like a pushy salesperson in an overcrowded mall.

And no, I don't want her to just come out and say "I accept tips!".... that's so boring. Razz

I just hope no one ever gives her underwears as tips. *G* Belethe has no place in her vault and really buys underwear sparingly. The thought is that she'll rescue oppressed underwear, but there's really none to be rescued yet. *G*

And the underpants gnome takes EXCELLENT care of his preciouses.

Bell

I think that from now on I'll make a habit of asking 'And how may I pay you for this?' to every broker, tech, whatnot.. and that way each one can let me know what is acceptable to them individually. I'll never remember on my own who like what and who doesn't.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think that from now on I'll make a habit of asking 'And how may I pay you for this?' to every broker, tech, whatnot.. and that way each one can let me know what is acceptable to them individually. I'll never remember on my own who like what and who doesn't.

That's what I do and so far it's worked for me.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Brokering and commision/tipping.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: