Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Money poll #1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Money poll #1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which best describes how you feel about the economy?
Overall, I think I make money easier than I should -- not that I'm complaining!
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
I find myself making less money than I think I deserve for the effort I put in for it.
54%
 54%  [ 24 ]
Try as I might, I can't say I make too much or too little!
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Money poll #1

Note, this is more out of curiosity than desire to change income.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy

Last edited by HR-Trevor on Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Money poll #1

Can we have some middle ground option?
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject:

i think we went over this once before in regards to potion making etc, but i feel i put way to much effort into potions to sell them for 1000$ approx. but thats just my opinion.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Josie wrote:
i think we went over this once before in regards to potion making etc, but i feel i put way to much effort into potions to sell them for 1000$ approx. but thats just my opinion.

I agree with Josie, its one of the reasons why I dont make potions much anymore.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I make around $5,000 - $7,500 an hour via whittling with a level 11 artisan. I think that's pretty much what I would expect to make.

When it comes to hunting, the range changes dramatically based on what the boxes I find may contain. Vibro-sabres and bullwhips sell for $1,200 a pop, so I can either really clean up when hunting chiths or hardly make anything at al.
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Yes, there is a lot of money in circulation, but I'm afraid that I have to echo Josie's point about potions. Unless I want to buy my supplies from the commodities market (thus cutting what I actually net by about 1/2-2/3) it can take several hours to get all the components gathered and prepared.

Hunting at the low levels is hit or miss as Yaru said, and by the time my head fills up with experience I've usually made about $100 or so (the fact I can't skin worth a damn doesn't help), even with the lucky trait. I'd stay to just get more money, but I'd basically be wasting the experience I'd be getting.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject:

I'm not gonna vote, because well, I don't make money at all. I usually find very little use for it. Yeah, once in a while when I find something cool, I'll go make a few bucks, but most of the time I just go hobo style.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject:

There wasn't an "other" selection, so I decided to post.

In some ways I can make money fine, in others I can't.

Good: It is great there are so many non-combat ways to have fun, learn exp and make money. I'm pleased with the amount of choices I have. I like that I can earn a decent amount of money while learning well (In DR, I found I could train for exp OR train for money...never both, sure, training for one would net me a little in the other, but not worthwhile). HR is wonderful in this respect (and many many others).

Bad: Hunting is a severely BAD way to make money. It just seems backwards that I can mine, forage, practice alchemy, fish or a number of other reasonably low-risk activities and make WAY more money for my time than what I can possibly make hunting (which could possibly get me injured and/or killed).

I only hunt when I want to, and never for money or exp...takes forever to fill my mind from it (that started about 15th level or so) and the income is horrid.

Hopefully when combat is looked at again, revenue (and exp for higher levels) from combat will be looked at also.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
Hopefully when combat is looked at again, revenue (and exp for higher levels) from combat will be looked at also.

If you raise money/exp from hunting, then you should make the other treasure (stat boosting jewelry, etc.) available through other means. Yeah I know they're supposed to become less common, but they'd fit nicely in the excavation system.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
Bad: Hunting is a severely BAD way to make money. It just seems backwards that I can mine, forage, practice alchemy, fish or a number of other reasonably low-risk activities and make WAY more money for my time than what I can possibly make hunting (which could possibly get me injured and/or killed).

How often do you get boxes, do you hunt stuff with boxes? Do you skin? Do you keep/pick boxes or just leave 'em there?

Tylen wrote:
If you raise money/exp from hunting, then you should make the other treasure (stat boosting jewelry, etc.) available through other means. Yeah I know they're supposed to become less common, but they'd fit nicely in the excavation system.

I actually have a number of ideas for this! None related to excavation, that's Mickey's bag.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject:

Actually, something I always found odd about hunting in Haelrahv is that if you're going to find non-cash treasure, it will always come in a box.

While this is good (because boxes always have two or more goodies in them), it also might really suck later on for those who are good fighters but not the best at security.
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
How often do you get boxes, do you hunt stuff with boxes? Do you skin? Do you keep/pick boxes or just leave 'em there?

Combat intensively trained Tracker who has, among other things, maxed skinning, maxed security and lucky trait. Skin everything, sell the skins, pick the boxes, sell anything I can that I find inside (and use a bureaucrat as much as possible).

I usually make about $1000 - $2000 for several hours of work if I hunt. Combat income just isn't very high, comparitively. I can make that much in 10-15 minutes of foraging (with the amount of units I get per forage).

Like I said though, there are other options for making money which do provide exp gain. I only hunt now for 3 reasons.

1. For an occasional change of pace from other activities (fun).
2. To obtain skins/pelts for people (some Artisans, some people doing errands).
3. Curiousity...to see if I can hunt that particular creature yet.

Anyway, I'm not trying to complain, I'm a very happy player, just thought whoever is responsible for combat might want to know how unrewarding (financially) it is.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
While this is good (because boxes always have two or more goodies in them), it also might really suck later on for those who are good fighters but not the best at security.

Only if they can't find someone else who is good at security.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
soundless wrote:

Only if they can't find someone else who is good at security.

Or if they're like me, who can't carry boxes if their life depended on it.

Yaru learned security just because he would have to run back to town after getting two boxes or risk death by burden.
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I usually make about $1000 - $2000 for several hours of work if I hunt.

This seems really off to me. Back when I hunted 'zerkers, I made about 3k per 20 minutes. What're you hunting?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Money poll #1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: