FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Boxes, and their materials
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Boxes, and their materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Boxes, and their materials

Strange how the mind works sometimes, but I got a rather odd idea after seeing that someone had put an empty silferton box into the donation box for some reason. Silferton is one of those rarer magically resistant metals, I believe...but the box was useless so I just threw it away.

I think it would be kind of nice for characters to be able to sort of "harvest" the box materials if they so choose. That way, instead of throwing out something with a rare metal someone might actually be able to use it. I don't imagine that doing this would yeild an enormous amount of material though, maybe at most 3 or 4 units of it. I also don't think that it should be easy to do it, though Agents and Artisans could perhaps get a bonus to doing this.

The point? It's so the materials can be used in the creation systems. I know there's not much that can be done with smelting and forging metal right now (aside from the metals used in Alchemy that is), but once players are able to craft and pound their own weapons, armor, tech device casings, etc having that way of getting materials could be a nice bonus. It could also be another way for people that can effectively harvest the materials from opened boxes to make a little more cash.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I agree completely, and it's the sort of thing I've had on my "that would be awesome in the future" list. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject:

what about the ability to toss metal type boxes into a crucible to get the units
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject:

In some cases that would work (now) if implemented, but some metals aren't commodities, so they'd need to be part of a greater system, or be made commodities. Just a side note. But yeah, it's a possibility.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Boxes, and their materials
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: