FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Informal Contract Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Informal Contract Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Informal Contract Board

I'm not sure how popular it would be, but it was mentioned in another thread, so if anyone has any preferences on location, specifications, etc, maybe we could write up some instructions and post them on a message board for doing contracts. It'd have to be spread through word-of-mouth, or word-of-thought, or whatever your preference is, but it'd just be a way for people to put contracts out there without having to find and talk to someone.

I was thinking about using the board right in front of the North Gate, or just outside the East Gate, because they're accessible, but not the most popular. As for how to post there, I was thinking just their (the employer's) name, no AIM or email or board names or anything like that, to keep it IC. Most people don't know everybody's level, so maybe we could just have them put whatever level they think the person is, or make some sort of color-coding system, green for 1-10, etc. I say don't put the name, let the mercs contact them and find that stuff out, that way nobody will reads the board, see that they're up there, and do something drastic.

If there's any support for this, post here with suggestions, or just "I'd use it" or whatever.
 Back to top »
ronst

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject:

That sounds like a fine idea to me. I think that the employer should also post the bounty amount and whether or not it is negotiable.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject:

ronst wrote:
I think that the employer should also post the bounty amount and whether or not it is negotiable.

Yeah, good idea. I don't know about anyone else, but I like to charge ~$1000/level... we could give an approx. price guide on the instructions, maybe.
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:

id say 1000 per level for 1-10
1500 per level from 11-20
2000 per level from 21-30
3000 per level from 31-40
4000 per level from 41-50
5000 per level from 51-60

*im sure ya get the idea by now*

and so on,,,cause if there is a contract on a high level player, its gonna take more than one merc, and there will need to be more bounty to share.
 Back to top »
ronst

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I don't think it would be the wisest of ideas to go about putting set amounts on the contracts. For example if there is a person in particular that more than one person wants dealt with quickly you could end up making more because the two or more employers might pool their money together to get the job done quicker. I think that setting a minimum price on contracts is smart but don't end up getting the future of contracts stuck in a corner by setting the prices to exact amounts.
Anifaust
PROHAIRESIS FLESH PUPPET

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject:

A grand per promotion is what I generally ask for, although if I like/dislike the person in question that also effects the price. I would have to say it's pretty much up to the mercenary alone, and with more of us around that could also effect the prices because of competition. Laughing
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I haven't forgotten about this. I'll write something up... umm... on Friday. If I remember. About pricing: I'll just say to name your own price, if you don't, then the merc will set one. And if it's outrageous, the merc will tell you and they'll give you how much it would cost for them to do it. Something like that, anyway.
 Back to top »
ronst

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good to me.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject:

So, um, something like...

Quote:
Citizens - The Mercenaries of Llanfair are currently offering their services to whomever may need it. If you would require the use of a Mercenary, we will be checking this board frequently, so feel free to post a notice. Paper and pen can be purchased from whatever that shop is called, I'll look it up later.

Include your name and a price, if you have one. If not, the Mercenenary will formulate one based on the target. You may also wish to include the profession, approximate skill level, or your reasons for hiring, but they are not necessary. Please DO NOT include the name of the target, we will exact that information from you upon contact.

Once the contract has been filled, we will ask you to remove your paper from this board. All payments will be accepted upon completion.

I dunno, I just threw that together. I was thinking of also putting one up for the mercs who don't read this board. Just to tell them what to do and stuff. Maybe...

Quote:
Mercenaries of Llanfair - the Contract Board has now opened. Contracts will be posted here by citizens, and it is your responsibility to check for any new assignments.

You are responsible for all contact and contract negotiation. If you fail in your assignment, inform your employer if you will either continue or hand the assignment over to someone else. Remember that the target MUST be informed of your intent and employer before you attack.

Once the assignment has been completed, see the employer to receive payment, and request they remove their notice from the board.

*shrugs* Any changes or suggestions or anything?
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Have you chosen which message board to use? If not I'd suggest the one in the Darju quarter. It's where the merc leader is, not right in the open like CC without being inconviently far like the one near chiths, and it just seems kinda appropriate.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Ah, that'd be a better idea than what I had in mind, which was either the one by the north gate, or the one by the Guard Captain. The Darju quarer one makes more sense, though.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject:

I'd use it if I had need to....but I don't get into many arguments anymore.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject:

Sorry guys, I meant to actually put up some real papers tonight, but I got wrapped up in stuff. Then I finally got to a computer, and then decided to devote a large chunk of time to making a fool of myself on the boards. So I guess I'll do it tomorrow... hopefully.
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
but I don't get into many arguments anymore.

*Picks an argument with Brenton Miller by making numerous references to his initials and Bowel Movements.*
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Alright, Anifaust and I put them up just now, they're in the Darjuan Quarter. Anifaust said he'd put up some flyers to tell people that those flyers are there, so hopefully people will find out about it.

I have a question, though... how long will those stay there? Should I be making new ones every few weeks, or something like that?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Informal Contract Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: