Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
poison training
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » poison training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischeif

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: poison training

ok im stumped,
how do we raise poison resistance now? cleaning and apply'n doesnt stay long enough, and drinking seems to do nothing but drop my health. any advice?
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject:

How long have you been trying to raise it? And why is this in the merc section? Did we get some sort of poison resistance change that I didn't know about?
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject:

He so fully embodies the essense of a merc that all his posts have to go here. Smile
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject:

The poison-tolerance system was never actually introduced for the benefit of players to tip back a few Black Vials or deliberately screw up cleaning their blades.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
The poison-tolerance system was never actually introduced for the benefit of players to tip back a few Black Vials

But they're soooo tasty!
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject:

ok so it took me a while to read this thread again.

no there isnt a new ability that im aware of. i wasnt posting for sarcastic remarks either. i was only wanting to raise my poison resistance, and was hoping to find advice from my own profession. but since the question was answered as such, guess ill go to another profession to find answers. forget the concept of individuals of a profession comming together for the purpose of sharing knowledge and improving the profession. lets just take cheap shots at each other. or maybe im just so fully emboding the essense of a merc a lil to much.

and despite how the system was designed, thats how it works. and considering mercs have the edge on attack, it would only seem logical to improve the defenses to balance the scale.

thanks anyway, ill figure it out on my own.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Um, my remark wasn't sarcastic. Sorry if you took it as such. You didn't get any responses because nobody knows, not because we refuse to share knowledge or whatever. In any case, I think the system got changed so stabbing yourself with a poisoned kninfe all day doesn't improve your res. much.
 Back to top »
Anifaust
PROHAIRESIS FLESH PUPPET

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

If I remember correctly, the system was changed for the very same reason as your question. It was meant to be something that happened ocassionally so they were pretty generous with how much resistance you would gain per exposure. But people were chugging bottles and licking knives (not really, but I like to exaggerate Twisted Evil ) to raise it at a quicker pace than they had intended on.
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject:

apologies for the tones taken. just many answers and no info seemed sarcastic.

but i think ive actualy figured out a way to raise it at a standard pace, no its not any faster than chuggin was, but its still steady none the less. to sum up in one word, Sshliss.
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Mischeif wrote:
but i think ive actualy figured out a way to raise it at a standard pace, no its not any faster than chuggin was, but its still steady none the less. to sum up in one word, Sshliss.

Well, I can't hunt those yet...and I need some way to improve it. Anything, create a new lower level critter, something. Also, I think my poison tolerance may be wacky...not sure.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject:

Trevor had said long ago that raising poison tolerance on player made poisons would be a long and tedious process. And that it would stop after a certain %, he never listed a number though. Though you are right too that poison based creatures will raise it quicker for you, because that is the intended method to raise it if I remember correctly.
Mischeif

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject:

nice rewording of my question,, Laughing ,i already known this, i was just stating that the potions seem to not be working anymore, and if there was a change to how the potions worked.
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Then why are you asking the questiong if you already knew that potions and knife cleaning would stop teaching poison tolerance? You have reached the cap you can learn with potions which is why they they stopped working.
Mischeif

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject:

Kelasa wrote:
Then why are you asking the questiong if you already knew that potions and knife cleaning would stop teaching poison tolerance?

no actualy, i have learned more, and its not that it stopped, its just i had to find another source. and yes, its still on the drinking/cleaning/apply'n. Shocked

Kelasa wrote:
You have reached the cap you can learn with potions which is why they they stopped working.

again, no actualy, ive not reached my cap.. Very Happy

twice we assumed and both times were weighed, measured, and found wanting. please try to remember, the mother of all screw ups is an assumption, and please keep the breeding to a bare minimum. Laughing

if all this vast knowledge that is assumed, was put onto a website, then there wouldnt need to have needless posts as the thread i started. yet woe is me, the knowledge isnt public, so i must ask.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject:

Mischeif wrote:
if all this vast knowledge that is assumed, was put onto a website, then there wouldnt need to have needless posts as the thread i started. yet woe is me, the knowledge isnt public, so i must ask.

Yeah, Kelasa, you asshole. Why don't you read his mind and put answers to random things up on your site before the issues arise? It's a simple task, really, just know what questions people have before they ask them (you can gain this knowledge through mind reading, or other supernatural and nonexistant methods), and then answer them in your free time. Goddamn.

Seriously, though, I don't know what knowledge you're talking about. All she assumed is that you hit your poison resist cap, and that is public knowledge. Well, the fact that there's a resist cap is public knowledge, the actual number isn't.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » poison training
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: