FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Profession Traits and Flaws
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Profession Traits and Flaws
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject:

A few clarifications:

- Earth still exists as far as anyone knows. It's REALLY far away. There is no confirmation it exists, or doesn't, or if it does, what may have changed. Most people assume it exists.

- The "inhabited" part of Haelrahv is MUCH larger than Llanfair/Chodaku/etc. There's simply a restriction as to where players can go.

There is absolutely no IC explanation for those areas being inaccessible because it is a completely OOC restriction. Characters should RP as either not wanting to go, not being able to go for other reasons (money, whatever), or as someone who has been to these places or plans to go to them.

- A lot of Haelrahv is still unexplored.

- Culturally the five races have grown in leaps and bounds, with unbelievable progress. Technologically, well they are strong in some areas but I wouldn't say Haelrahv has quite nailed down this idea of super sci fi tech that people might think and/or want. Of course, it will...

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I wouldn't say Haelrahv has quite nailed down this idea of super sci fi tech that people might think and/or want. Of course, it will...

That "it will..." part sounds fun.
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject:

Trink, Brenton has a point, and I disagree with your assesment of the feasibility of my suggestions too. I'm not trying to be confrontational with you here, but I came up with those first two traits after reading the books on Chodaku. You should read them as well. Seeing as how the current political arena is still split on keeping the only Darju city in the explored region of the planet from gaining a seat in their little council, I would say that the possibility of culutral isolation is VERY feasible.
yojibalinese
Resident air head and all around cute genius

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
Trink, Brenton has a point, and I disagree with your assesment of the feasibility of my suggestions too. I'm not trying to be confrontational with you here, but I came up with those first two traits after reading the books on Chodaku. You should read them as well. Seeing as how the current political arena is still split on keeping the only Darju city in the explored region of the planet from gaining a seat in their little council, I would say that the possibility of culutral isolation is VERY feasible.

I did read them. As soon as I was told about the library -- second day I started -- I up what I could. It's wrong to take Earth and our history and use it elsewhere, however, it just seems so illogical. I was making a comment on the literature presented.

I don't mind if you like to try and make people feel stupid -- not just you Dante -- but if I don't ask questions, I'm not going to understand the world and if I don't understand the world, I can't understand character motivation. I'm not a power gamer. I'm in love with the act verb, and I'm going to continue to ask questions until I'm blue in the face and disreguard most of your answers. Turnip, William, Yaru, and Dante are the only people that really answer everything...which makes me very very leary of ALL of you for giving me the right answer. Sorry guys. You like to argue way too much and you're all way too full of yourselves to be trustworthy sources of information.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject:

Yep, if we all agree, we're all clearly out to get you.

Trevor pointing out some information that goes against what you think is going on is part of the plot, too.

You're not wrong in the least.

Yep.

I'd really hate to disappoint you, but I don't even know anyone else who is responding to you on this thread. So it isn't a matter of "all the guys who get along ganging up on you".

I'm glad you want to take advantage of the act verb. Hell, the one thing that I've adored about HR itself above all is that I don't have those jarring ( )'s going on. But you didn't ask a question, you questioned an answer.
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject:

Trink wrote:
I don't mind if you like to try and make people feel stupid -- not just you Dante -- .
Dante isn't trying to attack you, that really annoys me when someone tries to make it out like they're the victim when nothing is even happening to them. Dante is an really nice guy and I doubt he'd ever go out of his way just to try and make you feel stupid. You need to go read those books again and actually pay attention this time, because you obviously didn't learn anything the first time around. Nobody minds if you ask questions, but when you attack someone's suggestion with a completely wrong arguement and when everyone else is in unanimous agreement that you're wrong (including the game's CREATOR), and not even in a hostile way, you just don't seem to give up.

I understand there is a tendancy to not want to let yourself be proven wrong, I fall victim to that alot but I try not to...I know I've made stupid statements disagreeing with people even recently but I admitted I was wrong. You just need to learn to let go and accept when someone knows better than you.

Now I feel all preachy. Ugh.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject:

So we're full of ourselves for answering your questions and actually holding a discussion now? Trink, I'm prefectly willing to hold a nice discussion with you, but if you're going to take my responses as showing that I'm "full of myself" I will simply overlook your posts if that is what you want. William, Turnip, and myself are some of the people that have been here since nearly the beginning and we're still here. I love this game. I like sharing what I know with people that ask things here on the boards, and I assume that they do as well. If that makes us "full of ourselves" then I guess we will continue to act as such.

If you want to continue to insult me, you can send me private messages so others don't have to read it, and I can just delete them. I'm here to have fun and hold discussions and brainstorming sessions to make this game great. We don't need crap like this to make it resemble a DR conflicts folder.
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject:

you're all way too full of yourselves to be trustworthy sources of information.

Wow.

Rather harsh and accusatory of you. Fine, you want to play this blunt, let's go ahead.

You've very eager to point fingers at people who disagree with you as being "too full of themselves". Well, sweetness, they're not the ones "full of themselves".

I've seen your posts from just these first few weeks you've started playing and you went from curious to belligerent in an eye-blink. If anyone disagrees with you, you go instantly on the offensive and accuse them of being full of it. Even when it is obvious you were uninformed. I won't say misinformed because you don't seem to bother to find out anything first before making grandiose statements of certainty.

Well, darlin, a lot of us take the time to read the boards, PAST threads and present. We also take the time to listen to other players and actually get back feedback before we go insisting that everyone else is WRONG and oppressive.

No one is ever right. When people point out to me I'm wrong and there is actual proof that I am, I may grumble, but I certainly do NOT go around screaming to people "you're full of it!" I may have a forceful and dominating personality on the boards which irritate quite a number of people, but at least I take the time to listen.

If you want to accuse people of having an attitude on the message boards, I'm going to be blunt right off and say it's not the rest of us. You've come on to these boards with a major chip on your shoulders and it shows whenever someone not in authority countermands your gospel.

In all the time I've read posts by Yaru, Dante, et. al, where they've answered your questions I've yet to see them give you an answer that was inaccurate or deliberately wrong. So where you get off saying they're "not trustworthy" is laughably ridiculous and has zero basis in fact.

You don't bother to listen to them or ask to clarify a point, and you DON'T bother to acknowledge that they gave you accurate information, thanking only the GMs who posted merely to confirm the information THEY gave. Instead, you make sly offhand comments about them when they were right.

If anyone is going to be accused of posting with a prejudice, it's you.

No one's out to get you (if there are, it's at MOST one or two people in the beginning and their opinions don't count), but I claim NO responsibility about my current responses towards you if you continue to react irrationally to each and everything players say when they don't agree with your opinions.

If you find people's posts towards you becoming belligerent, instead of pointing your fingers at others, why don't you start looking at your own posting style?

I didn't have anything against you in the beginning, but frankly, I can't say the same now after the first week of your posts.

Bell's player
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject:

Trink wrote:
Turnip, William, Yaru, and Dante are the only people that really answer everything...which makes me very very leary of ALL of you for giving me the right answer.

Yeah, sorry.... for... being helpful? Huh?

Trink wrote:
Sorry guys. You like to argue way too much and you're all way too full of yourselves to be trustworthy sources of information.

Um, okay. Yeah, that's it. We're all full of ourselves and you can't trust us. Never mind that Dante, William and I have been around basically since the game launched (Dante & William = beginning, I = shortly after), and Yaru is ridiculously active. You've been around for a few weeks, you know how it all works. We're all in cahoots to throw you off so we can all bask in the glory of our high postcounts.

I don't know why you believe all this, but it's ridiculous. If you don't want help, don't ask shit on the boards.

I tried not to make this too caustic, but I guess I failed.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject:

Alright, kids, don't make me summon Micko Ku Turnip. And I will, too!

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.

Last edited by HR-Mickey on Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chevonne

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm going to continue to ask questions until I'm blue in the face and disreguard most of your answers.

You have to admit this is a stupid statement.... right? Why even ask questions if you're going to disregard the answers when they aren't to your liking? I think you just like to talk.

Quote:
Sorry guys. You like to argue way too much and you're all way too full of yourselves to be trustworthy sources of information.

And this is exactly what I was thinking about YOU. You've been in the game what? a few weeks? As far as in game, I haven't met you or even heard of you, but on a few of these threads you've been one of the most argumentative, confrontational, and defensive people I've seen post.

Nothing personal, Trink but this is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

-Chevonne

There, I fixed it, thanks.

Last edited by Chevonne on Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Chevonne

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject:

LOL okay, so I don't have the damn quote thing figured out yet. I knew I should have previewed first.

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject:

You can always edit your posts. Via the.. edit.. button.

But yeah, I pretty much echo the sentiments of my esteemed colleagues Dante, Vhen, and Yaru. And Brenton, which everyone seems to forget has been here since pretty much the beginning as well.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I didn't forget about Brenton, but he wasn't in the list *grins*.
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Much lub to Brenton. Much hot sticky lub to Brenton. Wink
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » Profession Traits and Flaws
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: