FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Formula?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Formula?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uritel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Formula?

I've been browsing around in regards as to how much charisma I will need for the implants I want, and have been asking people as to what their input is as far as to how much charisma I need.. to get what I want.

Right now I have 4 base Charisma, and a 5 bonus (so a total of 9). I have one left hand cyber implant done, and am resting at 52% essence. Previously, when I had 3 base Charisma, I was sitting on 48% essence. One.. is this percentage of essence also reflecting the 5 bonus I have to Charisma right now, or without it? And if it's without it, does that mean (assuming that the percentage is not scale-based and is just a hard number) that I will be able to get a left arm implant after six more Charisma? [Note: I heard that I would need 75%, with my left hand already implanted, to get my left arm done.. so 75% - 52% = 23%.. divided by 4 (since 1 Charisma = 4% essence point gain) = 5.75.. rounded up to 6 more Charisma.] But.. if the bonus is in fact affecting as to how much essence I have, does that imply that I'm going to need 11 more Charisma? [75% - 52% + 20% (due to the drop from the bonus) = 43%.. divided by 4 = 10.75.. rounded up to 11].

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing, just trying to see if cyber implants are worth the hit that you take in training Charisma.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Bonuses don't count, only your base charisma. As to the rest, well other players have theories, I'll leave it to them to comment. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Uritel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Bonuses don't count, only your base charisma. As to the rest, well other players have theories, I'll leave it to them to comment. Wink

Glad to hear that it's base charisma.

Aww.. share the rest. Or give me a hint at least? Smile Tell me if I'm on track or what not.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Neifl actually came up with some calculations, I think they're on this board maybe or on Gabriel's site (check the player links on haelrahv.com). They weren't perfect but quite close.

Back to top »
Uritel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Neifl actually came up with some calculations, I think they're on this board maybe or on Gabriel's site (check the player links on haelrahv.com). They weren't perfect but quite close.

Yes.. and it's those calculations that caused me to wonder in the first place.

He states that each Charisma point is 100 essence points (i.e. 1 Charisma = 100 Essence).. and that a cybernetic hand requires 600 essence points, which would mean that one would need 6 Charisma.

Which.. well, doesn't quite make sense, since I had 3 Charisma (i.e. 300 essence points) upon getting my left hand implanted with a cybernetic hand.

So yes, I did research on that website.. which wound up getting me only more confused, since the numbers didn't add up. Hence where I came up with my calculations and inquiries.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject:

All I can really say is that each socket requires a specific amount of base charisma points (not a percentage). If for example an arm requires say 10 and a foot say 4, then you need 14 charisma to get both.

BTW your avatar is hilarious.

Back to top »
Uritel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
All I can really say is that each socket requires a specific amount of base charisma points (not a percentage). If for example an arm requires say 10 and a foot say 4, then you need 14 charisma to get both.

BTW your avatar is hilarious.

I hope that an arm doesn't require 10 Charisma.. but along those lines, at least I have an idea where to start, and appreciate your input. As I had warned another person, though.. don't be surprised if you see a number of Eolai characters being rolled up tomorrow, all investing a fair number of their stats into Charisma. Smile

And yes, I love my avatar. Have had it for a number of years.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Troopers get a bonus to cyberware, which might explain why it's lower for you... if you're a trooper... and if you didn't already read about that... -_-;

I'm helping!

Quote:

Whoa, years. I retire my avatars after a good few months of service *grins*.
 Back to top »
Uritel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
Troopers get a bonus to cyberware, which might explain why it's lower for you... if you're a trooper... and if you didn't already read about that... -_-;

I'm helping!

Quote:

Whoa, years. I retire my avatars after a good few months of service *grins*.

No, not a Trooper.. so wasn't factoring that in. I figure after I figure out the formula for every other profession, I'll move onto Trooper.
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Numbers worked for me when I did it, didn't work for me after I rechose my stats from trait/flaw.

Don't really care enough to test it again to see what if anything changed.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » Formula?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: