FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
exp gain for berserkers vs kamohakun and zhilu'tzi
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » exp gain for berserkers vs kamohakun and zhilu'tzi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: exp gain for berserkers vs kamohakun and zhilu'tzi

I dunno if there is anything wrong but berserkers seem to be awarding more exp per attack/kill as opposed to elder kamohakuns and even zhilu'tzi's.

According to Gabriels critter page, berserkers are level 18 and elder kamos are 22 and zhilu'tzi's are 27.

Im assuming that higher level critters are supposed to teach better on a sliding scale as you grow in strength.

I dunno if there is something wrong with berserkers or the other critters. But based on the assumption that higher = teaches better, then it doesnt make sense.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject:

I've noticed this for some other things too... rhurgals seemed to teach way better than skeletons (30 vs. 38/35). My only guess was that maybe skills are compared or factored into the xp equation. Like, in this example, skeletons probably had a lot of strength, giving them more offense, but rhurgals probably had a lot of agility, which goes into defense, so they're harder to hit, so a successful hit would give you more experience. That's just a guess, though.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject:

The best I can do here is to explain how experience grants work, or at least should be working (as far as I am aware they work as designed):

- Being X more powerful than the critter is just as "bad" for xp gain as being X too weak, more or less.

- Stats also factor in. A critter may have lousy agility/coord despite higher skill, so this can be a significant issue.

I'd check this whole issue out and make mods, but realistically I have bigger fish to fry with the "live" game work going on. We won't be reusing any combat code for live, btw

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » exp gain for berserkers vs kamohakun and zhilu'tzi
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: