FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Hardcoded Item Restrictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Hardcoded Item Restrictions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I'm not sure what you really mean by making health systems more complex, and I'd like to hear something less general than that if you don't mind. We do have concepts in mind for "live" but I don't know that any of those would make a huge difference in the viability of a medic profession if everyone can use the same tools and train the same skills.

Well right now we just have various levels of external wounds, poison, and death. Just to start we could have internal wounds (which I assume were already planned for Surgery).

For death I was thinking mainly something more along the lines of making it more difficult to revive a corpse that has been dead longer. And make it so that higher level people or those with more stamina are more difficult to revive.

Now consider the vast healthcare system out there. While much of it wouldn't be much fun in a game (who wants to have to deal with acne or a triple-bypass?), I think there are parts that could be imported. Maybe that critter didn't hit you in the hand hard enough to kill you, but perhaps it broke some fingers. Maybe on your last trip to Jareya you picked up some parasite in the jungle. Maybe you didn't also pick up some exotic disease while you were there because you were inoculated before you went. Maybe you picked up a STD from... well I don't want to know.

HR-Trevor wrote:
As for tailoring, I can't fault you for not knowing better because I have the hard numbers neatly worked out in a spreadsheet and you have the player experience to go by. But the truth of the matter is, Artisans make FAR more money tailoring than Trackers who in turn make more money than the rest of the gang. Artisans also make containers with far more capacity than non Artisans of equal skill. A non Tracker/Artisan is certainly wasting skill points if they train tailoring in hopes of making money. They'd do far better selling raw skins. The only reason for them to tailor is for experience and something else to do. Most of these tailors who are not of those two professions are undoubtedly losing money by tailoring instead of just selling skins and going out for more.

The reason you don't see many Artisans is because there are not many systems that are important to them or others that they can offer. No one needs pottery, it's just an alternate money/exp method. If JoeBob the Trooper needed pottery and the best quality pottery at that, you can be sure it would increase the value of Artisans even if others can do pottery. If Artisans could repair weapons and armor, you'd see a huge boon to them, even if others could do it too. Are you going to trust that immensely expensive/bonus weapon you managed to get to someone who might damage it due to poor skill?

Yeah I noticed that as a Bureaucrat I tended to lose money by turning skins into tailored items. But I could still attempt it even though I knew I wouldn't be the best at it. This is what I'd like to see for all abilities(including medical ones). Medics would still be the best. I mean, I wouldn't mind letting a non-Medic revive me if no one else were around to do it. But are you going to trust that breast augmentation surgery to someone who might botch it due to poor skill?
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Getting back to the topic of items, here's an idea I just had. What if they worked like this?

Mickey's Gromwood Guitar of Grooviness
+ 1 automatic stringed instruments skill
+ another 10% of your base stringed skill, up to a maximum of +5

This way everyone gets some benefit from using such a fine instrument, but only those who are really dedicated to stringed instruments (most likely a Performer) will get the full use out of it.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject:

Like, Rawr and stuff.

Ok, yeah, I think people should be able to use pretty much anything, though, I'm not sure I'd better comfortable with some freak Trooper, yeah that's right, Trooper, frying me with an electro-shocker thingamajig. They should still be able to do it. Being somebody that gets bored very easily, I enjoy dabbling in different skills, and have wasted all my reallocates because of it, I mean, I reallocated to be good a putt-putt. But anyways, I think it's a good idea that people can use all stuff, just not be very good at most stuff, and I like Tylens idea that bonuses be based of current skill for professiony type stuffs. Yeah.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Hardcoded Item Restrictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: