FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Mentioned Medical EQ but can't find it for sale
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Mentioned Medical EQ but can't find it for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Mentioned Medical EQ but can't find it for sale

Heya Trevor or someone,

Trevor you posted the medical EQ a while back. Listed on there were a few items I haven't seen for sale.

IV kits and bags of plasma
Neurolizer
Cryostasis Device
Electrocortex Pulsar

Are these items just not live yet? If they are where are they sold? I've seen an IV and a Neurolizer in the emergency room, but not for sale in the shop by the hospital.

Thanks,

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject:

They aren't live, from what I know neurolizers are ready, but as there is no nerve damage yet, we don't get them, and I *thought* I heard that IV bags were ready, but they are either being withheld for some reason or I heard wrong.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject:

IV bags were just never released and probably need minor updates before they'd be ready. However, I kinda don't like thinking of them as "IV bags" so I'd probably alter them cosmetically some.

Neurolizers aren't fully developed but adding them is about as easy as adding the new equilibrium enhancer was... not too involved, maybe 30 minutes worth of work. But as Brenton said, nothing damages nerves (ok at least one special GM attack does heh).

The crystasis device I think is the old name for carsdiostimulators, unless it's a device to slow bleeding. Either way, old term, old concept and obsolete. I can't think of why slowing bleeding would be useful unless you were out of bandages.

I have no idea what the electrocortex pulsar was now. It was one of many very very old concepts first drawn up by Counselor Phoenix who is no longer around and it never went far, whatever it was.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Okay so here is what they were from your post.

Cryostasis Device - Slows down bodily functions such as blood loss, and poison effects.
Electrocortex Pulsar - Restores memory degregation after death.

I could see the Cryostasus device being used if a person had multiple bleeders and was near death. A dermal regenerator or bandages might not be fast enough. Also could be used in severe poisoning cases.

IV bags could give a boost to vitality in such a situation there. Unless I have not heard or seen something, there is nothing that aids in vitality loss.

The Electrocortex pulsar seems like a logical device to use when someone is dead. Perhaps have this is a higher level Medic device that causes even less experience loss if used.

Seemed like reasonable developments to me so was wondering about them.

Far as nerve damage goes - maybe consider having electrical attacks cause nerve damage. Perhaps even some Psi attacks such as Paralysis and other such attacks. Fear attacks could cause nerve damage also, although you said in my other post that there are not fear attacks yet. Heh.

Well thanks,

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject:

Well, you don't lose EXP, if your revived, you just get a small skills penalty until you work it off. The stasis device thing...um...I guess your right, it would be very useful in a case with severe poisoning or multiple bleeders.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Mentioned Medical EQ but can't find it for sale
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: