FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Hunter is proud of what his being on staff means.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Call of the wild - What about with enuff training in occult lore and animal handling a tracker could call upon the animals in the area to come in for a brief moment and attack your opponent then disappear. Depending on how much skills you have in animal handling or whatever skill, would decide how many critters come out and/or the type of critter to assist you.
For example: You're hunting chiths and you use this ability on a chith and a small pack of wild aibas come out of the bushes and begin to attack the chith.

Tame - say you have like 2 chiths on you, you could cast tame on one of them and it would then temporarily turn and attack the other chith instead of you.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Call of the wild - What about with enuff training in occult lore and animal handling a tracker could call upon the animals in the area to come in for a brief moment and attack your opponent then disappear. Depending on how much skills you have in animal handling or whatever skill, would decide how many critters come out and/or the type of critter to assist you.
For example: You're hunting chiths and you use this ability on a chith and a small pack of wild aibas come out of the bushes and begin to attack the chith.

Tame - say you have like 2 chiths on you, you could cast tame on one of them and it would then temporarily turn and attack the other chith instead of you.

The first is cool but the second just sounds like provoke.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject:

To take this thread off topic again, we do have one Alteri in the ranks, Xaiseiri, but she's not around at the moment.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Tao wrote:

The first is cool but the second just sounds like provoke.

Provoke? Don't know it, besides, nothing wrong with having something similar. That profession would have 'provoke' and Trackers could have 'tame'. Maybe have them slightly different.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Just to clarify something I have before... your use of "cast" sort of triggered me to say it...

Any "magical" or "mystical" type abilities Trackers might possibly receive WOULD require you to train magic and/or psi skills. Just a note. I don't mean like taming (which is coming in but not in the manner you suggested Tao, it's actual, real animal taming -- chiths are not animals btw), but something like a special link with animals that allowed any sense of command other than trained tricks would be mystical in nature. Think "Beastmaster" type stuff.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Just to clarify something I have before... your use of "cast" sort of triggered me to say it...

Any "magical" or "mystical" type abilities Trackers might possibly receive WOULD require you to train magic and/or psi skills. Just a note. I don't mean like taming (which is coming in but not in the manner you suggested Tao, it's actual, real animal taming -- chiths are not animals btw), but something like a special link with animals that allowed any sense of command other than trained tricks would be mystical in nature. Think "Beastmaster" type stuff.

Yeah, I forgot to pull out my thesaurus today and choose a more appropriate word for it. But do you see it as a problem for trackers to train in some magic and/or psi skills? But then again I can see it more of a Psionic thing now that I think about it more cause. I only thought about it cause I remember trying something on a chith long long ago, it think it was handle chith or something like that and it said something about not having enuff skill to do it. <shrugs> Or I coulda been dreaming it. Very Happy
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any problem with Trackers training these skills and having special abilities open up to them by doing so.

And yes, I also had psi more in mind than magic as far as affinity with animals goes.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I think that Beastmaster type abilities sound very Trackerish. I would say Tracker only myself.
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject:

TienaRhyker wrote:
I think that Beastmaster type abilities sound very Trackerish. I would say Tracker only myself.

Beastmaster Tao Shadowstalker. Me likees. Very Happy
TienaRhyker

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject:

[quote="TaoBeastmaster Tao Shadowstalker. Me likees. Very Happy[/quote]

Only if you are totally hot and in a loincloth. Twisted Evil
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject:

well trackers are already good at foraging but would be nice and maybe could be linked in with homes where trackers could grow their own herbs plants ect and maybe sell them at a slightly higher price than foraged ones ?

obviously it would take longer to grow plants herbs ect than it would be to forage them . hence selling them at a higher price and also could have a failure to grow implimented depending on area we tried to grow them .

check garden : you have 50 bundles of freshly grown ivy

30 ivy are of exceptional quality
10 ivy wilted due to lack of water
5 ivy have been nibbled on by gamojabs
5 ivy failed to grow

gather ivy
you reap the harvest damaging 3 ivy in the process Smile

that make sense? Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Xenoapollyon

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: some skills

The idea of snares and traps and whatnot have all been brought up before, so I will avoid those entirely.

Snipe is semi useful, but the length of time that it takes to recover the ability seems excessive, I'm at two days since being spotted, and I still cant snipe an asapi. I think that timer needs to be cut back a little. Getting caught by a royal guard, and that guard letting others know someone is around, ruining my snipe ability there for a little while, I can understand. How a guard catching me affects my ability to snipe a stupid (not smart) bird, befuddles me a little. A good sniper should be able to set up at a new location fairly quickly if that person is trained well.

Second idea would be for some sort of melee attack that can be performed using the element of surprise. Being the stealthy type (when engagement is out) I dont see why a Tracker, couldnt stalk up close to prey and take them out. Granted, its a generally accepted thing that Trackers use range (archery, marksmanship), but I think the idea of a skilled huntsman sitting in wait in a bush, or bury them selves under a pile of leaves, and wait for an animal to come by and lash out quickly. Ambush is more or less an agemt thing, but perhaps a less effective, maybe more leg targetted attack, to wound or leave a blood train, something that would fit the role of a tracker, make the prey easier to track, or harder for it to flee..

Thats my two cents for the day, hope it didnt sound like a rant or anything, just trying to put some ideas out there. I appreciate any responses or ideas anyone might have along those lines.

Sean

Shocked
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject:

Brief interlude....

Awesome icon. Hooray for Jack!!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled posting. Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Snipe is semi useful, but the length of time that it takes to recover the ability seems excessive, I'm at two days since being spotted, and I still cant snipe an asapi.

I put a cap on how badly you can mess up a snipe.

Even with base stats, you should never have to wait more than 15 minutes before your ability comes back.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: