FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
Steve Irwin is way cooler than Crocodile Dundee.
Wait is Steve Irwin that stupid croc hunter who made that horrid movie? <need to know for mental processing>
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, he made that movie. But his show is a bazillion times better. One bazillion.
 Back to top »
ethrstorm
Riddle-De-Dum

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject:

the guy who purposly gets bitten by animals also purposly make animals irritated so that they'd hurt him? <the discovery channels very own Jackass?>
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Ok. Ranked in coolness from most to least cool:

1. Crocodile Dundee
2. Steve Irwin
3. Jeff Corwin

Dundee is way cooler than Irwin, as much as I do like Irwin. Of course I mean the hollywood Dundee, I don't know much about the real one (not Paul Hogan, the real guy the movie character was based on).

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ok. Ranked in coolness from most to least cool:

1. Crocodile Dundee
2. Steve Irwin
3. Jeff Corwin

Not even close. Everyone knows you can't be cool if you're not named Steve.

1. Stephen Hawking
2. Steve Irwin
3. Stephen Colbert

Stephen Hawking is cooler than Steve Irwin simply for the reason that his high IQ, degree in physics, and crippling disability make him, in all likelyhood, some kind of supervillian.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, he beat Colbert, and Colbert's pretty cool. Stephen Hawking would make a great supervillian, but I can't think of anything he'd do except be really smart and make you feel retarded in comparison. And, well, pretty much everyone is retarded in comparison.

Hmm... we're not even talking about trackers any more. Oh, well... guys named Steve are way more fun to talk about anyway.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject:

He could use powers of his mind to make eggs all over the world explode.

Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Stephen Hawking would make a great supervillian, but I can't think of anything he'd do except be really smart and make you feel retarded in comparison. And, well, pretty much everyone is retarded in comparison.

Well, that and he has heat vision. But, on the other hand, it's incredibly easy to avoid by simply flanking him.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: The tracker companion idea

Hawking: what can i say .. there are no limits to the mind. He inspires me.

Anyway, tao. Shinobu loves the faery concept also. To a little one like her, these spirits (or call them what you will) would be of use. And there should be no conflict with hael's theme since, as you pointed out, fantasy is part of it. Two concerns: 1) at what level should trackers recieve this ability? 2) will these creatures have in addition to the proposed item-storing and message-running capabilities, any application to combat?

You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject:

Dundee whoops irwin's arse. He has a machete and goes dynamite fishing.
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject:

Jeff Corwin: I prefer South Park's rendition,
Quote:
Ima stick my finger up it's bum and see if I and piece it off!

And everyones forgetting about Jaque Costeau!
Mak

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject:

*Mumbles, "I don't mean to be rude or anything of the sort, but can we please get back to the topic of Trackers. Tao brought up a decent thought and should not be disgraced even if you do not like his idea. I'm sure that if you had an idea for your group, you'd want people to actually DISCUSS it. I, for one, don't care who is best since they have nothing to do with Haelrahv in the least.

As far as Trackers are concerned, I think having little companions, animal or otherwise, is a very believeable thing. As strange as it may seem I have always had a love for nature and a bond with animals, even wild ones. I have a friend that works at a zoo training wolves, owls, and eagles. Her and I got into a playful little yelling match and the animals nearby were really getting irritated and trying to come to my *rescue*. I don't STUDY the occult, I don't TRAIN in anything having to do with animals. It is just a bond with nature...nothing strange, occultish, or even all that far-fetched. Trackers love nature, therefore animals trust Trackers. Everyone knows for a scientific fact that animals can sense a person's moods and thoughts. Why would it be all that difficult to believe they'd befriend us just because of our love for them?

Again, I'm sorry if I seemed rather rude but I do believe it was extremely distasteful that you should break off the entire subject with something that should have been continued on the general thread. *shrug**

Beware the eye!
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It is just a bond with nature...nothing strange, occultish, or even all that far-fetched.

You mentioned normal everyday kind of animals. Tao suggested fae-like brownies. One exists for a fact, the other is supposed to be ethereal.. but a Tracker would, by virtue of the ability, be able to convience them to take on a more tangible form. Rather occultish, I think.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject:

There are two real cases of "animal bonding" at work here and you have to consider each to understand their basis and needs.

The trained or companion animal: A single animal that spends a lot of time with its master/owner/trainer and learns the mannerisms, needs, and moods. This animal has no magic link with that person, they've just grown to understand them and communicate based on perception.

The random wild animal that comes out of the blue to help the person: This is certainly magic in all its glory and in no way shouls be construed to be simply "an attunement with nature" with no magical backing. I personally don't know of any man or woman alive that can boast being able to make bears charge out of the woods to protect them.

So it depends on which case you mean. If the first, then yes, this need have no magical link (although think of how much more these two could accomplish if they had one).

Finally, I don't think anyone "disgraced" Tao or said anything aimed at him. I think if you post comments and ideas here, you should be prepared for criticism, and I don't think that criticism is an attempt to be mean in most cases, I think it's an honest attempt to improve either the idea, or the game/topic itself.

Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject:

On another note, about the faes:

Just wondering about everyone's thoughts on nymphs:

I consider them similar to animal totems, spiritual in nature yet protectors of forests, springs, mountains, and rivers, etc.

Dryads (forests), Naiads (springs and rivers), Oceanids (the sea) and Oreads (mountains), Limoniads (meadows), Limniads (lakes, marshes and swamps) and Napaea (valleys).

I guess you could say Ents were a form of them, though male, whereas nymphs are female dietys.

Might be interesting for those trained in it to be able to call forth said nymphs to help with different aspects of skills, hunting even.

Also, are there any plans to have those trained in swimming be able to forego taking the boats or canoes and swim instead?

~Inaira
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: