FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure why you're offended or feel I was "attacking you for giving ideas". I thought feedback would be helpful. I could have said "Thanks for the ideas." and you never hear anything back on them except the few that later come into play. I wasn't trying to be patronizing, sarcastic, or otherwise make you feel like your ideas are unwelcome. To the contrary, I appreciate these sorts of ideas and I was pleased to read them.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Mak

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject:

*Mumbles, "I was only upset (and then not really that much) by the comment about the binoculars actually. The other comments were fine and dandy...not a problem at all. And I did apologize for assuming the comment was patronizing if it wasn't meant that way. Tis just how it had come across to me. I can handle criticism pretty darn well as long as it isn't patronizing in its delivery...how else can you learn to improve if you don't get feedback, whether good or bad."

Beware the eye!
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I didn't mean to be patronizing by any means. It didn't even occur to me that you might not be familiar with how binoculars (or the equivalent cyber-eye upgrade) works.

Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Code:
Trackers are at home outside of civilization, in the wilds. They have a deep understanding of plants, animals and the interactions between both.

Since Trackers seem to be more inclined to nature and stuff outside of civiliation, how about we be able to summon with fairy-like folks to assist us in sending items and messages to one another. Like the lil brownies in the movie "Willow". Maybe help raise ecology or perception for everyone in a room so ya dont have to lug around wood everywhere ya go. Just thought i'd suggest it since there are faeries in the game and Psionics are able to draw forth spirits.

Tao
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I gotta say... fairies don't per se exist in hael, and that fairy is OOC and I wouldn't have built it. It's just for fun tho, and this is a test phase and all. There are some fairy like creatures though, by native names and without typical earth mythology attached.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Being able to commune with fae-like creatures would mean that Trackers have an inherent attachment to the supernatural. Maybe if certain spells and psionic abilities could be modified slightly depending on the caster/user's profession (ie. unique messaging) -- and if the summoning spells were not Psi-only -- but, to me, Trackers are not by nature intune with the flows of <insert mystical wavelengths that allow for magic and psionics>.

I'm probably wrong, though.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject:

This is kind of what I touched on before. If a Tracker has a Tracker only ability that requires training in Psionics, or Occult, or Spell Casting/Research.. ok, I'm cool with that.

But Trackers don't have a natural mystic ability to do things magical or gifts with mental arts. Even communing with animals would require that sort of power. Their only natural gift is understanding and empathizing with these things. But psychological empathy should not be mistaken for a magical empathy.

Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Off topic here, but since ya'll mentioned the Fairy, thought I'd share a friend's site with you, due to certain coincidental similarities:

http://www.drinkabsinthe.com/
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject:

<grins> I don't think it's a coincidence. Look at what the fairy (our fairy) is holding. The drink itself is referred to as "the green fairy" in case you did not know that already. But Beau will always be my favorite green fairy.

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Okies, well I was trying to toss an idea out. I coulda sworn that Haelrahv is a sci-fi FANTASY type of place. My idea about the brownies/fae-folk was that since this is also a fantasy like type of world, why not have some lil folks. And since Trackers are more inclined outside of civilization and more emphatic to the land and animals, the lil folks would be see Trackers more trustworthy and befriending as a type of companion. When I mentioned about Psionics and their spirit guides and stuff, I meant that some boost their skills and I thought it would be kewl to have lil folks boosting a room for everyone in the room. But to have some type of inherent link to them as the psionics do to their spirits is not wat i was trying to get at. But if you wanna go that way, then maybe with a some skills in occult, animal lore or watever, Trackers could call upon or beseech the spirit of an animal to take on their abilities temporarily to maybe boost their swimming, fighting, climbing, foraging, or what have you. If ya think i'm crazy with these ideas or going in a different direction from what a Tracker can do then please explain to me wat exactly is a Tracker and what can a Tracker do and can't do. So that I can work with that.

Tao
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I like this idea of animal beseeching. It reminds me of indians and their totems. I see that as more spiritual (occult?) and animal lore more than anything else. It's so Trackerish (not a word, yes I know) and what I imagined Trackers to be like.

~Inaira
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
indians

Ahem. North American Indigenous Peoples.

--William, spreading the Political Correctness

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Tao: I don't think anyone was bashing you or anything.

Inaira: It is a neat concept, isn't it?

William: Don't make me beat you senseless.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I imagine trackers as Crocodile Dundee type people.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve Irwin is way cooler than Crocodile Dundee. I always figured Trackers were basically Rangers... except on Hael.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: