FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Questions about Techs and Cybergear
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Questions about Techs and Cybergear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Questions about Techs and Cybergear

Okay a few questions about what Techs can do regarding Cybergear.

Now I have read that it takes a Medic or an NPC to install the Socket. Since this is a surgerical procedure.

Once the Socket is installed, does it take any special skill to install the Cybergear? Or just snap it in? Or does a Tech have to do this?

And where do these Sockets come from in the first place? I do not recall seeing them at the Cybershop. Perhaps I missed them.

I have also read that it takes a Tech or an NPC to install upgrades to Cybergear. If this is correct, are Techs able to do this at this time? Or is this a future Development that is not yet Live?

Also I would like to know if Techs can manufacture/create Cybergear from various parts, mined minerals, or whatever. Or if the only way to get Cybergear is from the shop? If Techs can not, are there plans for the future for Techs to be able to make Cybergear?

Okay I think that is all for now.

Thanks in advance,

Just a Travln Knight
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Now I have read that it takes a Medic or an NPC to install the Socket. Since this is a surgerical procedure.

I dunno about medics, but I know that there is an NPC that will do it.

Quote:
Once the Socket is installed, does it take any special skill to install the Cybergear? Or just snap it in? Or does a Tech have to do this?

You just snap it in. I think you ATTACH it, but I forget.

Quote:
And where do these Sockets come from in the first place? I do not recall seeing them at the Cybershop. Perhaps I missed them.

You have to go to the NPC (forgot where, exactly... I'm sure someone knows) and have them chop off your limb or eyes or whatever, and they'll automatically install a socket.

Quote:
I have also read that it takes a Tech or an NPC to install upgrades to Cybergear. If this is correct, are Techs able to do this at this time? Or is this a future Development that is not yet Live?

I'm not sure what you mean by "upgrade"... Techs can install chips and the armor stuff right now. I don't know if there's an NPC to do this or not.

Quote:
Also I would like to know if Techs can manufacture/create Cybergear from various parts, mined minerals, or whatever. Or if the only way to get Cybergear is from the shop? If Techs can not, are there plans for the future for Techs to be able to make Cybergear?

Not yet, yes, and I think so.

Hope that helped.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Only a NPC can provide a socket at this time. You can put the device in the socket yourself, ATTACH HAND, etc. DETACH to remove.

Quote:

There is a section of the cyber clinic with a sign in sheet and a waiting area. Sign the sheet and wait. The cost is $2000 per socket.

Quote:

Techs can upgrade implants by adding chips and such, yes. Only techs can do upgrades. Example upgrades would include targeting chips for eyes, coordination chips for hands, etc.

Quote:

Cyber gear cannot be manufactured or modified by players currently, except the above mentioned upgrades and repairs.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Thanks.

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Questions about Techs and Cybergear
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: