Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Etiquette
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Etiquette
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Etiquette

Alright, I know we have to inform the target that we're after them and who hired us. What about....

1) If the target is idle, or shows no sign that (s)he heard what we said, are we clear to kill them? They don't have to acknowledge our warning, do they?
2) Should we get the reason that we're hired from the... for lack of a better word, customer?
3) If a medic asks where our target has fallen, should we tell them?
4) What about if the customer tells us not to?
5) Is "kill X four times" an acceptable contract?
6) If the target asks us how much we were paid, do we tell them?

Of course, all of these seem like personal/RP choices, but I was curious if there are any guidelines.
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject:

I would say........

1. Check Stat Full if the target is idle dont kill (my opinion)

2. reason is dependant on what type of assasin/merc you want to be. I prefer having a decent-good reason to kill somone.

3.If a medic asks where they are.....generally I wouldnt offer the info myself, course I suppose it would depend on how I felt at the moment.

4. Of course if you accept a contract from somone you are accepting it for however they ask for it to be done. Always good to get specifics from your client.

5. Kill said person so many times.....
I would accept a certain amount for the first kill than the same amount plus some for each additional kill. After all you are possibly bordering the line of assain/merc to just plain asshole harraser so I would require more money definatly.

6. On telling how much you are paid....again the client should be specific, do they want the person knowing who hired you. or why and how much. If I am not told the specifics again it goes back to whatever mood im in

Now all these rules are just ones I MYSELF like to live by and are always subject to change and are ONLY my opinion. But either way I hope this was helpful.

The Blue Fairy

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject:

My question to you Vhen do you have a set min. rate per kill?

I myself will require more money if I understand the reason but dont fully agree with it. After all I try not to be "bloodthirsty" as I have been called in the past so if they dont want to pay extra they can always find somone else.

Also do you have a certain way you RP it or a mark so to speak? Or do you just kill and walk away. I think assasins/mercs have a huge potential for some fun RP even though they are somewhat scorned.

The Blue Fairy

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Those are excellent questions. Under an official system, I would assume the following to be the answers, but since the official system isn't in place, we also have to understand any of this could change:

1) If the target is idle, or shows no sign that (s)he heard what we said, are we clear to kill them? They don't have to acknowledge our warning, do they?

I think it's generally sort of lame to kill afk people, but if you had an official contract, their afk status is out of character and your contract is not. Kill em.

2) Should we get the reason that we're hired from the... for lack of a better word, customer?

Probably not, since you're working under the authority of an organization who has accepted the contract rather than accepting it yourself.

3) If a medic asks where our target has fallen, should we tell them?

This is difficult to say without everything in place, but I don't see a conflict of interest if you are asked specifically. I don't think you should offer that information without specifically and personally being asked, however. This is a very, very sketchy question/answer though, it's hard to really say either way.

4) What about if the customer tells us not to?

The customer's request would be ignored. This matter would be a policy made by the organization and adhered to in all cases. Either Mercs give that info on request, or they don't.

5) Is "kill X four times" an acceptable contract?

Four separate contracts would be issued. You may end up with all four, or it could be split between mercs.

No.

Again those are all under the official system which does not yet exist. If you're working on your own such as you'd have to right now, I think you should stick to your personal code and do what you feel is best in all of the above cases.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Course my answers were from a point of view of assasin as apposed to a mercanary who has to answer to other people. I only have to asnwer to myself and whomever paid me.

The Blue Fairy

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
My question to you Vhen do you have a set min. rate per kill?

Right now, no. As it is, if someone is willing to give me money to do stuff, I'll take it. I've had very, very few contracts, so any business right now is good.

Quote:
Also do you have a certain way you RP it or a mark so to speak?

Again, no, but I've been thinking about it. I'll figure something out eventually.

Quote:
I think assasins/mercs have a huge potential for some fun RP even though they are somewhat scorned.

Definitely, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Plus, I want to see how people react to having a bounty placed on them. It's an RP extravaganza!

Now, back to my questions.

HR Trevor wrote:
I think it's generally sort of lame to kill afk people, but if you had an official contract, their afk status is out of character and your contract is not. Kill em.

That's what I was thinking. Even though it's a lame kill, it seems ooc to not kill somebody because they're afk.

the blue fairy wrote:
5. Kill said person so many times.....
<...> After all you are possibly bordering the line of assain/merc to just plain asshole harraser so I would require more money definatly.

Yeah, I was asked this once, but turned it down because I wasn't offered nearly enough (in my opinion) <edit: The offer was declined because I asked too much> and it doesn't seem (to me) that mercs should be used simply as pawns for harassment. Having someone killed once should be enough to make your point. More than that, and you're just being annoying.

HR Trevor wrote:

No.

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback!
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Another question...

For Trevor: When the system is set up, how is it going to deal with money? Will they have to give the money to an official at the time they post the contract? Will the individual mercs be responsible for collecting and such?

For mercs/assassins: When do you collect the money? All up front, all after, some up front, some after? Will/would you change the cost in mid-hunt, if your quarry (so many synonyms for "person you're trying to kill!") proves to be more of a challenge than you had first figured? Like, if they evade you for hours, or they defeat you in combat at your first attempt?
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject:

hmmmmm good questions...

I require payment upfront.
I really dont think I would up the price in mid hunt
and if they kick my ass and I know I have no chance of killing them I would repay some or all of the money, havent had that happen yet so im not sure.

The Blue Fairy

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
For Trevor: When the system is set up, how is it going to deal with money? Will they have to give the money to an official at the time they post the contract? Will the individual mercs be responsible for collecting and such?

The client pays before the contract is accepted. Once accepted, the money is held until it has been fulfilled, and the mercenary completing it is then paid by the authority.

Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject:

just rp type question,,,what if you are offered more to return the "favor" to the original client, and not complete the previous contract? what do ya do then?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Under a formal system, that would be a serious breach of code and could result in a merc losing their official status. Under a nonformal situation, it would depend on the merc I guess. Wink

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
just rp type question,,,what if you are offered more to return the "favor" to the original client, and not complete the previous contract? what do ya do then?

Well, that's basically bribery. For an assassin, that'd really be up to them, but for a merc, that's a definite no... in my opinion.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject:

With the official system, will we be able to refuse contracts?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I think so. Subject to change if we discover a problem with that later, though.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject:

Old topic, same idea. If someone squelches us, so we can't tell them that we're going to kill them for someone... do we have to tell someone else to tell them that we'll kill them, or go get some paper and write it down and give it to them, or something like that? Or can we just kill them?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Etiquette
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: