FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What I really want to see.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » What I really want to see.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Part II - Going to do a Medic vs Empath (this might help you all out some more)

Empaths that heal someone, spend like 5-10 minutes healing themselves up and then able to heal someone up - that self healing took time, it was very annoying. (Just a vague example - every case was different but as a player it was like 50/50 with self healing and player healing)

Medics use technology, you won't lose your arm to heal someone elses - its painless. It'll take a few minutes to heal, little quicker then Empaths lets say but the amount of people you could treat in a hour is alot higher.

Tips, yes the profit margin will be more so as you won't need to buy medicines/herbs to heal yourself. But you will have to buy the medical equipment of course, and nothing lasts forever - I'll post about medical equipment sometime, gonna have to remind me though <g>

Medics will also get a goverment wage (Just confirmed)

Unlike Empaths.....

Medics won't get a shock when they blow someones brains out <g> Of course we become medics to heal others and yes, life is everything. But thats up to you if you want to do it that way, rewards and reputation will come of it. Besides, anything that attacks you first is fair game - I call it self defence. But you decide you just want to kill for the sake of it, thats fine with me - to preserve life you may have to end anothers. Everything leads to debates, talk and drama - should be fun for the roleplayes I believe.

Empaths know magic, well Medics are capable of knowing that too or psionic abilities - or even both, its your choice.. thats the best feature and something that I've worked on, taking the bad points of empaths and working them in such a way that you the player benefits - not just Medic players but all the players.

Medics will have lives, be very needed by other players - won't really need NPC's because other professions arn't able of healing themselves of major injuries. Medics will have access to a medical emergency communication device of sorts... remember Apollo 13? When they had enough and ripped off they're health monitors - we'll have something similar for players to purchase, when they're in a mess the medics will know - Emergency!

Ok the list really goes on, medics won't be slaves like a fair number of empaths - this is a very real profession. There is just way to many ideas in the works but we have to tackle the basics first - also have surgery, virus, medicines to play with - thinking about rescue animals too (That's an exclusive, did I not tell anyone?)

I hope to have some form of medical facility in every city - for healing, supplies and such, need to finish a few projects before taking on that task, will be talking to the other GM's about this sometime very soon. Auto medics for healing in a emergency are a possability - but I'd rather go with a droid <g>

Etc etc,

hope this answers some more questions, helps concerns - as for healing npc's, I really don't think its needed. Never say never but I'd like to hear more on why you want this, also with everything else available and the way experience is earnt, do you think this really should happen? - I'm still listening and very much interested in your opinions and thoughts.

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Medic "familiars"

Something that I just thought of when I went through all the new posts and the ones about the PCs getting a portion of the NPCs income. When the game really gets going and certain medical facilities get swamped with people missing their hands, legs, butts, etc...the PCs that are present could call for an NPC to come out and aid them.

Instead of this NPC being just some random character that's generated by the system, it could sort of be the Medic's pupil...kind of like a Doctor in training type thing. The Medic in Training would be there when the PC calls for them, so this NPC student of theirs could get some hands on experience in the field. The fee for this person to be trained by the PC Medic would be part of the doctors fee for the visit that the NPC brings in.

This way, the NPC will never be better than their PC medic mentor, and the Medics will be able to speed things up in emergency facilities if need be. It could also give the medics another way to earn experience if they didn't want to go out and kill things. The NPC might also be useful for assisting in the more involved surgeries too.
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Now thats an idea and will give that much thought Mr Gage - but I'd rather work on a more furry form of help right now - maybe we'll have a poll on it, just for shits and giggles.

Rescue Animals have been around for a long time, Skippy the bush kangeroo, Gentle Ben, Lassie and so many more Wink (Mr Ed does not count)
Might have to say no to Flipper ideas <chuckles>

It wouldn't be that bad but it would be kinda between pets and animals, perhaps - its just an idea I'm playing with. Would love some feedback on it - end of the day having NPC help is on the list.... students or animals is the choice for now.

Remember "The littlest hobo" - <sniffles> that music, it was so sad it would bring me to tears every week! And did he ever make it home?

~Phoenix~
(Who didn't say 'monkeys' as the boss doesn't like them, or the problems they would create - you really should ask him sometime why there is no monkeys - shhhhhhhh! I didn't tell you to do that!)
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject:

::Pops in from over in the Poll.. post.. thread.. thing.::

Shits and giggles.. lmao. I haven't heard that in the longest time. Anyway.

Make the assistant a DROID! It'll gimme something else to do whenever I get big enough to make 'em, as well as another way to torment Laura.

"Oh, shit. I meant to press the STITCH button, not the SEVER button..." Twisted Evil

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points

Last edited by Brokyn on Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I rather like Gage's idea. <grin>

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Trevor, just because you're the head staffer and have ultimate authority over everything, doe -- err.. uhm. Nevermind. I like Gage's idea, too! Twisted Evil

--William .. enjoying the twisted emote

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject:

::preens::

Though the shits and giggles comment I thought was pretty good. Maybe that can be some kind of Haelrahvian disease or something. Hey, this is the medic folder...I'm trying to help with ideas here!
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Though the shits and giggles comment I thought was pretty good. Maybe that can be some kind of Haelrahvian disease or something. Hey, this is the medic folder...I'm trying to help with ideas here!

And it'll be a disease that no Medic can cure without the help of a DROID! Muhahaha.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject:

NoNoNo... without the help of an alchemical mixture prepared by a Darju Mage when Ilav (one of the moons) is full in the sky with a dozen singing Alteri children dancing in a circle around them.

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject:

Boss Type Guy wrote:
NoNoNo... without the help of an alchemical mixture prepared by a Darju Mage when Ilav (one of the moons) is full in the sky with a dozen singing Alteri children dancing in a circle around them.

Oddly enough an event that happens every week at the Titan city daycare center.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject:

<laugh>

Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Check out Implants under Technology Discussions. Some more ideas on the NPC medic thing to a degree and the monies payed for these charges to these devices would go in the Hospital bank used to pay the medics of HR.

Nojym
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » What I really want to see.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: