FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Anything new for mercs coming up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Anything new for mercs coming up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DL

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject:

so i have another idea. what about a system where we can learn other professions stances and even unarmed moves above our level by watching others perform them or when people use them against us. wouldnt be like a auto learned the first time. work out some system with checks for intel and perception and maybe unarmed skill and whatever else so that we would learn it by seeing. i personaly think we should learn any and every offensive techinque out there (since offense is our claim to fame) at some point from our leader. But this would be a nice way to learn them early.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject:

Maybe, though I think Guardians have a claim on stances. Also, if you haven't taken a trip to the ancient academy yet, there are plenty of different stances available there for you to learn.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject:

yea but i am talking about a alternative way that we can learn them.
i mean how hard is it to turn on the tv watch wwf for 2 seconds and learn how to bodyslam someone. what i am saying is give mercs away to learn moves and offensive abilities in ways other than paying 10k or having their leader teach it to them.
somethinig like soandso bodyslams u
blahblah combat message
you have learned this manover
or u see x hiptoss y
u have learned this manuver
not that they would learn it the first time they see it. but by observing their oppents in combat or others in combat they can slowly over time learn the tricks and stances they use. we observe someone using a speicifc stance long enough or enough times then we would pick up on how to use it. like i said would invovle intel checks and perception and skill checks to see if the merc had the mind power and eyes to see everything that was happening and enough skill in whatever it was they were observing to follow along.
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
yea but i am talking about a alternative way that we can learn them.
i mean how hard is it to turn on the tv watch wwf for 2 seconds and learn how to bodyslam someone.

I hate to be the one who has to tell you this, but the WWF is fake, and there is no Santa.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Doing those moves on someone that DOESN"T WANT it done to them is alot harder than on those professional wrestling shows. They're helping each other do those moves that looks so amazing.
 Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject:

gee thanks i didnt know that guys damn i am glad u are here to tell me. and since this game is fake as well ur point was about worthless.
anyways it was just a idea/suggestion
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
what i am saying is give mercs away to learn moves and offensive abilities in ways other than paying 10k or having their leader teach it to them.

I know what you're saying, but IMO it would take a real long time, like years, to learn someone's moves simply by observing them, too long to make it worthwhile. Of course that's thinking realistically, and as you mentioned this is a game, so maybe.

Quote:
i mean how hard is it to turn on the tv watch wwf for 2 seconds and learn how to bodyslam someone.

That reminds me of the Bulletproof Monk where the guy learns martial arts moves by watching movies. Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject:

And the game is supposed to partially emulate real life, meaning the moves that would take real skill in life also make your character have to have that skill.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject:

What I think would be really cool would be to make it so that as you observed someone fight, and if you had enough skill, you would incorporate parts into your personal fighting style, thus eventually making an individualized stance. Of course that would be a nightmare to code, so it will never happen, but it'd still be neato. Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject:

well i am glad people can conjure lightening bolts and flame waves even paralzye people by looking at them in real life. just mad that i missed that school the day they decided to teach that
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
well i am glad people can conjure lightening bolts and flame waves even paralzye people by looking at them in real life. just mad that i missed that school the day they decided to teach that

Yeah, that was a good day. Maybe if you weren't at home watching wrestling, you'd be able to do these things too.
 Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject:

i dont think i have ever watched wrestling it was just a example. the idea of 40 year old men in tights huging each other never appealed to me
 Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject:

I would like to see some kind of counter attack ability.
bleh swings a big damn sword at you. moving to the side you parry his blade and lunge forward striking his shoulder.
something like that basicaly would be a automatic thing everytime something attacked it would run some checks to see if it was possiable could be a higher level ability

also some kinda maiming thing could use small razors for it attack vital muscle areas live ur opponets alive but crippled
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I think Hunter once told me -- way back in the day, mind you -- that he was wanting to make something like that "counter ability" you describe for we Guardian-folk.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any reason why it would be limited to Guardians, particularly in the case of armed combat.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Anything new for mercs coming up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: