FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Anything new for mercs coming up?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Anything new for mercs coming up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Anything new for mercs coming up?

It worked for Tugor....
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm open to suggestions that are not related to contracts or justice. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to make any new work for you; I'd hate to keep you away from Live. Plus, I really don't have any ideas that aren't related to me getting paid to hunt people down. If I think of anything, the boards will be the first to know.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Fair enough. Smile

Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject:

something like the trooper items would be good, maybe a merc only shop. that we get entrance to at a certain level. how about some submission moves/weapons. maybe a death blow type move(we are suppose to be the ultimate in offense.) hand signals like u see the army guys in movies usin. shrug give me a night or so i can come up with all kinds of shit
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Good ideas for Troopers & Mercs, keep em coming.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, my friend just suggested most of this stuff, cuz I suck at ideas. Special merc shop/weapons/armor, some sort of way for mercs to find other mercs without having psychic sight (GPS-esque). Maybe some sort of tracking item to help find people (think Dragonball Radar *laughs*). A building (really small, even) would be nice.

I'm not sure if agents have something like this (I know thieves do in DR), but maybe pathways that only we could use, as a way to catch a target.

Weapon ideas: Something like a stun-gun, those ball and chain things that you throw at someone and they get wrapped around their legs and make them trip (his description), maybe shackles/handcuffs (for taking live prisoners). A blow-dart-type-thing, maybe.

Perhaps some sort of weapon upgrades that we could perform on our weapons.

Maybe instead of the GPS, we could have dogs/falcons, something like that to track someone down.

My one idea: I'm not sure if this has to do with contracts like you said, but anyway... just a message board (one of the boards in the game) that is restricted for posting bounties, that was available for anybody to post on, but only for mercs to read. We don't need anything like contracts, just a flier that lists the stuff that we want to know about the target, and then the merc can talk to the person who put the flier up and go from there.

Every other idea was from my friend, who's way better than I am at thinking of things. Heh and he's not even a merc.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
those ball and chain things that you throw at someone and they get wrapped around their legs and make them trip

bolas.

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Which by the way, I made for a one of a kind item in MO. OK so I think I made two of them perhaps. <grin> But anyway, thanks for the ideas.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject:

Maybe a tackle move? Or just let us tackle people, even though they don't have a football? And, on a completely unrelated note, perhaps some sort of system to rank mercs, based on kills? I understand that because there's no contract system, there's no way to determine the difference between a random killing and a hired killing, but it'd be kinda neat-o.
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I understand that because there's no contract system, there's no way to determine the difference between a random killing and a hired killing, but it'd be kinda neat-o.

What's wrong with random killing?

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject:

some kinda mark ability like thieves in dr only that gives us combat info on the person/critter
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
some kinda mark ability like thieves in dr only that gives us combat info on the person/critter

There was a thread about this awhile ago.. I think before this Test Phase opened. I think it boiled down to a few of us not wanting an actual "appraisal" of people (though we couldn't give a good argument against not having it for critters, if I remember correctly), but I think Trevor -- more recently -- said that he was going to look into getting something like it implemented. I hope we're going to only get rough estimates.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Well, there was this from a short while ago:

Quote:
Quote:

And it'd be convenient for the contracts to reveal the level of the target, but sometimes nobody knows... maybe mercs could get something like MARK (from DR) that would let us see stuff about them. Like maybe the level... I'm trying to think of things that you could observe by looking at someone. Level, maybe what weapon they specialize in, maybe the profession, sometimes... Just an idea. Thanks again!

I'm not sure on this yet. You can expect to know the relative difficulty of the contract, but beyond that it's sketchy.

That's Trevor responding to the question.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Figured I'd stick my two cents in here. Certainly, I agree that the contract should give a rough idea of how hard the target is. And while I think it's an interesting idea, I'm not a big fan of the whole mark thing. Looks can be deceiving and trying to tell someone's skill, level, weapon proficency based on a glance seems pretty far fetched. Unless intently watched someone fight, I think that info would be hard to discern.

Maybe Mercs could have some kind of perp database where the person requesting the contract could log what they know of the target, or once the contract was fulfilled the Merc could add info about the person. I'm not sure how hard it would be to maintain, and of course info would get outdated, so we'd have to purge old info now and again. Or maybe it would only hold like a months worth of data on a person and if it hadn't been updated in such and such amount of time, it would just get erased. I donno, that's getting kinda paperpushy and bureaucratic but it's just a suggestion from a not fully caffinated mind...

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Anything new for mercs coming up?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: