FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
New potion prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » New potion prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Also, Bureaucrats will lower potion values too when they sell them, but at less than half the rate of non 'crats.

Would it make sense for Mages to share a similar benefit to this? I mean, they are supposed to be the Alchemy Experts and whatnot, and most likely would have sway with the local apothecaries. I don't mean as hefty a bonus as the 'crats, but probably half of their bonus or so. Which would be.. 75% value drop as opposed to the 100% value drop of any non-Mage/Bureaucrat.

I'm not sure if that made much (if any) sense.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject:

Na. It's just not a mage benefit. If Bureaucrats didn't exist, then maybe.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Okay now that the different potions have different caps, what is the reasoning behind the bureaucras being denied their full bonus for selling? Before I could see it as a way to keep the higher potions more valuable then the lower ones, but now they would be anyhow. I had the price on tincture of magic drop on kelasa by around 10 points for selling 7 potions using broker..

An example here is the price for tincture of vigor being 29.0, I brokered 9 potions and then the price was at 17.3.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Okay now that the different potions have different caps, what is the reasoning behind the bureaucras being denied their full bonus for selling?

So that potions do not stay perpetually at their highest.

Quote:
An example here is the price for tincture of vigor being 29.0, I brokered 9 potions and then the price was at 17.3.

Had the potions been sold by a non Bureaucrat, the unit price would have fallen to its min cap, $12. If not for the min cap it would have fallen even more.

Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The potion values won't remain at max even if the bureaucrats got their full bonus for selling them. there are still those folk who will not use a bureaucrat no matter what.

At this point the system enables one person to get the benifit of making potions a day. When I have brokered for potions i have never brokered fewer then 5 potions, and usually in the 10-30 range at a time. So one person can get the benifit of a good price, then everyone else has to hoard the potions to sell when the price goes back up and hope they are the one to sell first, or just not bother to mix the potions and just sell the commodities to get any money from selling them.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject:

While it is very possible the rates will be adjusted, I notice you are fixating on the idea that everyone should be able to sell many of the same potion without serious penalty, which goes against the principle of the change.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Kelasa, I suggest you review the principle of Supply and Demand. Even with your Bureaucratic wiles, I doubt you could smudge on that very basic foundation of economy. It's easy to see how you could feel bad that your profession isn't getting the whole of their selling bonus applied to an area, but you still have half (give or take) of it in this one instance.. and, as far as I'm aware, you still have the full benefit in every other system that involves you selling something.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject:

First off, I am not saying that no matter how many potions are sold they should be the same price, I have even suggested different methods of limiting them. What I don't agree with is taking away the bureaucrat ability to sell without penalty just for one item. If you take away the bureaucratic protection of the market for mixtures, you might as well do it for commodities as well. And if you do that, might as well just take the bureaucrat profession out until the law system is in place.

Other ideas I've had is make the base price of a potion equal to that of the combined cost of the components, or making a potion worth 2-3x what the price of the components are.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If you take away the bureaucratic protection of the market for mixtures, you might as well do it for commodities as well. And if you do that, might as well just take the bureaucrat profession out until the law system is in place.

I am willing to do all of those things. Anyone else want to see any of that happen?

Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I am willing to do all of those things. Anyone else want to see any of that happen?

I second.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
mellie
Artistic Bitch

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject:

Well, having made a crat and got her to 8th I really wouldnt like to see that happen. I understand that your experimenting with the economy. Thats what the test game is for and I completely understand that. I also have Mellie and to be honest I love the new "balance" I can hunt and make as much money as say someone making potions or foraging. Its evened out well and I appreciate the effort put into evening it out. I personally see no problem with the current market/system. But then again thats just my opinion.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject:

Downtweak wrote:
Quote:

I second.

I third.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I am one of the few if not the only one who has a bureaucrat as my main character so that is why I am upset about these changes. I do agree that the money system needed to be better balanced, which it does seem at this point. But I don't think that should be done at the expense of a bonus of a class.

I would rather see the Bureaucrat profession removed from the game then see what few abilities we have be hindered. At this current time, even if a bureaucrat was trained balanced they would be unable to hunt on level. A bureaucrat has no profession based defense, and since creatures now triple train in weapons it makes them guarenteed to be hit, which would mean constantly running ot the hopsital or only being able to hunt with a medic. All other professions can at least triple in one form of defense or have a spell or power that will enhance it. Armor, Evasion, parry, Shield,etc. Half of the benefits that a bureaucrat has are not into the system and from what i understand don't play on being released into the system until the live version. For example: Reduced building-related costs. When the new hoep was built was there any roleplay about zoning contracts, building permits and such? We have a place on our organizers for number of permits sold, yet there are not permits currently. Several of the professional skills a bureaucrat can train in are not yet in the game or have no use in game, like Aviation, driving, or just don't make sense for a political type character, Athletics?

I know that I may have well have signed the death warrent in the current version on the game for my choosen profession but I feel this strongly over the entire issue. So be it.

Kelasa
mellie
Artistic Bitch

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I would rather see the Bureaucrat profession removed from the game then see what few abilities we have be hindered.

Good lord. No offense Kelasa but do you realize how petty and childish you sound? I for one put over a week of constant work into Erekai to make selling easier on my friends. If you took out EVERYTHING but "broker" it would still be more convienent and worth my time getting Erekai to the point she could broker. Im sorry but you sound like someone who is bitter and damn determined to ruin it for everyone else because you didnt get your way.

Let me make a suggestion also. Before you ask for the removal of an entire proffesion, if you dont like being a crat REALLOCATE Kelasa. There problem solved. Im sorry I just dont see the point behind all of this arguing.

Last edited by mellie on Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Downtweak

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I am one of the few if not the only one who has a bureaucrat as my main character so that is why I am upset about these changes. I do agree that the money system needed to be better balanced, which it does seem at this point. But I don't think that should be done at the expense of a bonus of a class.

If you hadn't noticed, you actually gained a bonus.

Before, you had no bonus to potion selling. Everyone would effect the market in the same way (i.e. zero). Now, you have less of a detrimental effect on the economy than everyone else. This is what we call a bonus.

I don't see how adding another aspect in which you are needed to maintain the economy is weakening the bureaucrat profession. In fact, I doubt anyone actually does.

Not only are bureaucrats still the all-important profession in maintaining the economy, they're now also necessary in ALL parts of the economy, instead of just half of it. You not only have more abilities than many other professions, you just received another ability and became that much more important.

Please stop whining about it.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » New potion prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: