FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Just a rambling tracker.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Just a rambling tracker.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Just a rambling tracker.

Where to start here..... I read the boards every day, I've played HR for awhile now and I'm just shocked at some of the things I've read and seen and heard IG.

I know some of you will probably think what I'm going to say is cheesy or lame or whatever, but if it helps ME personally to remember than GO ME!

I keep thinking to myself, how did this game get so shitty the last few weeks? With so much crap?. Doesn't anyone remember the real reason why we ever started playing in the first place?

It wasn't to hurt people, or to create havok, to kill and scare younger players...or to gossip.

I thought it was because we have a love of RP, a love of reading probably, a love of fantasy, and getting away from our real lives sometimes to fight dragons, or demons or whatever.

But it feels to me, like we've forgotten all that, and the reason we ever started playing.

I think back to 5 years ago, when I started, and what I loved about playing. In my mind back then, I could almost hear the clash of sword against sword, that sweet sound when you drew it from a sheath. I could taste the sweat when I fought, feel the warm blood spray on my face as I killed an enemy. I loved the town I was protecting and I loved RPing with everyone, working together, or not, whatever and whereever the RP led us. But for sure to escape for awhile, our everyday lives, and be the heros or villians of all the books over all the years that I lived in my mind.

And that's why I started playing, to put all I read all my life into something I had control over finally. I didn't have to close the book and say goodbye to a character, to characters I'd grown to love. I could live it for a few hours and my character and all those that played with me could live on forever.

Sorry, if I'm rambling a bit, and anyone that made it this far, congrats!

But in closing, I hope that maybe we can take a step back and remember the reasons we came to be in HR. For whatever reasons each of us might have, it was to have fun most of all. Life is hard enough, the game shouldn't be.

Luv ya all,
Inaira Eciek, The Tracker
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Thank you, Inaira. That was a very good, thoughtful post and I agree wholeheartedly.

As you all know, I am away this week and just checking in once in a while. When I return I think we (the staff, and maybe the staff and you all as well) will sit down and discuss this issue more. I realize that the major component to all of this is sheer human nature and I realize that people left to control themselves completely will undoubtedly do things to offend others sometimes. I suppose what my hope is, is that we can manage to strike a balance between a rigid, orderly world and a hellish, chaotic one. It really shouldn't be this hard to enjoy each other's company, should it?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Quidditty

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject:

I enjoy damn near everyone company, if not I just ignore ya. <G>
Q
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Just a rambling tracker.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: