FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
White Kharma
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » White Kharma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drainm2

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject: White Kharma

Good afternoon, Mr. Stratus. Please have a seat.
Thanks.
Now, according to our files, you have applied for a full set of Shock Tendons. Is that correct?
Yeah, I need some more speed, I'm going off-world and I thought I'd buy myself an edge, y'know. I looked at your catalogue and made my mind there and then, I had to get some of these implants.
Yes, quite. What I'm going to do now is talk you through the surgical procedure with the help of these photographs, so you can see what you are paying for. OK?
Yup. No problem.
Now, first of all, the skin from these areas is removed. Here, here, here and here. Unfortunately, we cannot put your old skin back on. This is what you skin looks like when it has been removed from your body.
Oh!
The first area that we work upon is the back. I always start with the larger muscle groups. The trapezius, here, the large triangular muscle across the shoulder is sectioned, like so, to enable the implants to be inserted. Next is the rhomboideus minor and rhomboideus major. Any questions?
Is this done all over my body?
Yes
Oh! What's that?
A leg.
A leg?
Yes. A leg. Look: Tibia, extensor longus digitorum, Tibialis ancticus, Annular ligament...
But...
It's been stripped for implant.
Eh...
Now, this is the abdominal section before implantation.
Oh my god. I think I've changed my mind. I don't really need Shock Tendons. I'll just buy some new armor, you know. Hey, how tough can a War World be?
Mr. Stratus, you do realize that the average life expectancy on a War World is 28 hours?
What!?
They didn't tell you when you signed up?
No.
Well, now you know. 28 hours. I don't think you have seen this photo -have you?
Who the hell is that?
Sour Blood, Dark Finder Contract Killer. Surely you've seen him on TV?

Ahh, what another sweet sweet story in the business of White Kharma. So, what exactly is White Kharma you now ask? Its your new alternative to those pesky Cybernetic Implantations. It is 100% natural, biogenetic make-up material with a clean DNA slate to allow for 100% compatability with you, the user. Most of our implants leave no physical difference, including scarring, to you, the user. Best of all, if your implant gets damaged it will heal just like you because it is apart of you, not some mechanical attachment you drag along.
Wonder what we have to offer? Try this on for size.
Shock Tendons: +2 to Agility and Coordination per limb
COST: 20000 credits per install
Hows this work? Biogenetic material is used to fortify your existing ligaments and tendons to enhance their natural abilities by pushing them to your limits.

Brace Tendons: +2 to Strength per limb
COST: 20000 credits per install
Hows this work? Similiar to our Shock Tendons except the biogenetic material is used to fortify your existing muscle groups: biceps, triceps, quadriceps, etc.

Skeletal Enhancement: Claws +2 to unarmed combat
Cost: 10000 credits for both hands
Hows this work? Claws are grafted onto, and replace some of, the bone of the last joint on the finger. The claw also replaces the nails of the fingers. The graft is 40mm long from the base of the finger to the tip of the claw. The underside of these claws are razorsharp to allow for more effective close combat fighting.

Skeletal Enhancement: Teeth (2 teeth) +1 to unarmed combat
Cost: 10000 credits
Hows this work? The grafting of large canines into the mouth is not as popular as our other enhancements. The appearance is usually the main reason for the purchase. The teeth replace the two upper canines in the mouth. The surgery is quite extensive, with reconstruction of the upper and lower jaw and face needed to accommodate the implant. The teeth are surrounded by small muscle bundles which allow them to retract inside the jaw for easy concealment. To bring the teeth out from the mouth cavity, a simple opening of the mouth fully will trigger the muscle and push the teeth out. The teeth, fully extended, are 30mm long.

Skeletal Enhancement: Elbow/Knee implants +1 to unarmed combat per elbow/knee
Cost: 10000 credits per location
Hows this work? These are the largest implants grafted to the skeleton. The enhancements are long curved pieces of bone grown to a point with a sharp outter edge. The bone is 150mm long from tip to base. The 'blades' are constructed to allow them to rest against the upper arm or thigh depending on the type of implant.

Visual Enhancement: Eyes (up to 3 extra) +2 to perception per
Cost: 10000 credits per eye
Hows this work? Extra eye sockets are surgically created are 3 different locations: left/right temple and the nape of the neck. These locations are used due to no bone structure and closeness to the brain cavity. With all 3 extra sockets the user will be able to view their surroundings in perfect 360 degree horizontal vision. Although intially disorienting for the user, this extra field of vision allows for additional combat prowess as well as searching capabilities. A certain degree of mental ability is required to make full use of this implant however, due to the difficulty of gaining orientation. (Requires atleast 20 Mentality for all 3 eyes).

Visual Enhancements: Nightvision
Hows this work? Your existing cornea is removed and replaced with biogenetically modified versions of your original that has the improved ability of normal nightvision as though it was a normal racial ability for the user.

Visual Enhancement: IR Vision (not compatible with Nightvision)
Hows this work? This procedure is identical the surgery for Nightvision implants but the user is implanted with Infared vision. Although not perfect nightvision, it does allow the user to hit more accurately in the dark. (Penalty for fighting in darkness reduced to half and +4 Coordination when dark).
Limb graft: Arms (2 extra) +3 to applicable skills
Cost: 25000 credits for 1 extra set
Hows this work? 2 additional arms are biogenetically created from raw material with a blank DNA slate that is then inserted with the would-be users DNA coding to allow for proper coloring, size, and capabilities. These are then grafted underneath the current location of the users original arms and connected with biogenetic material to the spinal column. However, these arms are not 100% free moving and instead do more of a shadowing movement of the user's original arms. Due to this, these arms are not effective for combat fighting but are great for other skills that require that added touch, such as crafting that large club or perhaps sculpting a new mortar and even foraging up some herbs.

Glandular: Pheramone/Testaterone (sp?) Emitters +4 to Charisma
Cost: 20000
Hows this work? Your original Pheramone/Testaterone glands are injected with a type of steroid that increase the concentration that your normal glands produce. Although minor swelling occurs, it will fade within a month or two. Once fully healed, the user will notice additional prowess with members of the opposite sex and be more commanding with those of the same.

Its a long post isnt it? hehe. Well, I'm thinking this is for the people that prefer the non-cybernetic appereance and its perfect for Guardians with the several unarmed combat bonuses. However, it has a GREATLY increased cost due to all the blank DNA biogenetic material. The big bonus is the reduced cost it takes on essence since its all 100% natural DNA cell implant.
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject:

I don't know whether they'll think the essence thing is too unbalancing, but I do know as far as the "non-cybernetic appearance" thing goes, we'll be getting unnoticable cyberwear at some point (in the live version, probably.) I would definitely go for this stuff even if it cost more tho, since I don't wanna change my race and Darju take a hit to charisma training..
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Its your new alternative to those pesky Cybernetic Implantations.

Pesky eh? I'll show you how pesky they are next time I see ya Twisted Evil

Anyway, thanks for the post. Actually we already have some bioware planned, and many of the things you mentioned will be included. Just a couple comments...fangs would be a purely cosmetic thing since there is no way to "bite" your opponent, and I'm not sure about having extra limbs and eyes, but we'll certainly consider them. Though with the absence of a surgical system you won't see it until after the test phase.

Quote:
but I do know as far as the "non-cybernetic appearance" thing goes, we'll be getting unnoticable cyberwear at some point (in the live version, probably.)

Yes, most likely this will wait until the live version.

Quote:
I would definitely go for this stuff even if it cost more tho, since I don't wanna change my race and Darju take a hit to charisma training..

Don't be discouraged from getting cyberware just because you are Darju and their charisma gets penalized. Even if you hardly touch charisma you can still get cybernetic parts, just not as many as someone who really trained it. It's totally possible to get a cyber hand with only 4 in charisma and have essence to spare. Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technology Discussions » White Kharma
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: