FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
helpfiles?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » helpfiles?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glit

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: helpfiles?

currently there are 3 helpfiles available ingame, with general topics which cover a wide variety of information on how to get yourself started. however, i was wondering why there weren't ingame helpfiles for things like psionic abilities, magics, spellsongs, races, professions, etc? i know that this information is all covered on the website and it may seem redundant to create these kinds of helpfiles, but i think it would be beneficial. i know i, and at least a few others, have some trouble loading the main haelrahv site at times.. having to reload 5-6 times before it will show up completely and having the info readily available ingame seems much more convenient. i understand that some things, such as race histories and an overall haelrahv history are still being developed/reworked, but i was hoping that helpfiles for those kinds of things were planned for ingame use in the future? maybe? Crying or Very sad
i asked for something, i've not got it yet
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the input. Smile

The lack of help files is definitely not by choice, but more a matter of the time required to write them. We have one staff member who does a lot of documentation (Draxx), though I did the combat guide and Arden did the new player one. However, we all have other projects too, not least being the rebuild. I've hoped that the players can pick up the slack some with their websites, and I've seen some good info popping up and hope that continues.

As for the website, haelrahv.com will be moving in the near future from the RPGN site in AZ to my location in FL. At that time, I think many of the problems you've mentioned will be remedied.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
glit

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject:

gotcha. thanks for getting back to me, i understand that there are lots of other things of greater priority than this, especially since the information is available on another format. but i still hope to see 'em somewhere down the line! Wink
i asked for something, i've not got it yet
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject:

By the way, I added a few help files in game the other day. It's still pretty sparse, but it's improvement. Wink See HELP for a list of topics.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject:

I also had the original help files on my website, I will need to add the new ones still.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » helpfiles?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: