Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Biotech
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Biotech
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astarinel

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Biotech

Since I already asked a question about the one class I'm interested in, I'm going to ask a question here to be fair. Wink

Since Techs will be the individuals developing biotech implants, will they be able to affix the implants TO a person, or would it be more advisable to get a Medic for the job?

I was considering occasionally training medicine or surgery for these reasons, but I figured I should ask whether it'll actually be feasible or help biotech installation/repair. Smile

-- Astarinel
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Since Techs will be the individuals developing biotech implants, will they be able to affix the implants TO a person, or would it be more advisable to get a Medic for the job?

Actually, cyberware is connected to the body via a socket that allows interchanging limbs, and the removal of cyberware for repairs. Anyone can attach/detach their own cyberware, but only if they have a socket implanted. Sockets require surgery.
astarinel

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject:

The socket bit was the part I was interested in. Smile

I'm not exactly sure of the pertinent biotech terminology, so I'll try again.

Say Bob Trooper wants a cyber arm and hand installed. He currently has a normal, flesh-and-blood one. As a Techie, I spend some time and make the arm and hand to his specifications. Time comes to have the implant, well, implanted.

Do I need a Medic? Can I remove Bob's arm myself in a pinch, as a Technician with some surgery skill, or will a Medic always do a better job? Will the Medic need *me* around to make sure the socket makes it in allright?

Now Bob has the arm implanted. He's had it for a while, and I've repaired it for him a few times since he can take it off and let me work on it.

Can the socket malfunction and need to be repaired, eventually? For that matter, are there implants that don't attach and detach? If I need to work on a part of cyberware that is currently residing in/on Bob, can I do this? Do I need a Medic? If I find a Medic, will I need to assist? If I learn surgery/medicine, will that help?

I'm sure this seems like a ton of questions, but since I figure a lot of people will be interested in acquiring/maintaining cyberware, I'd like to know if there are any skills I can train that would be better for business right off. Wink

-- Astarinel
 Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject:

No you would need a medic to remove the arm and also install the socket. The technition can then install anything to the socket *G* but the socket itself must be done by a medic or an NPC installer.
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject:

So I get to slice off peoples arms? Eeeexcellent......will that take electronics to install the socket? Along with surgery of course.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject:

Yes, it's highly likely that socket installation will require some skill in electronics, we'll keep you updated as surgery progresses.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
dlnexus

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject:

now see in my opinion as a sr3 player i got my hopes up then smashed by this topic Sad i was hoping as in biotech yall meant biologically enhanced parts like an esophagus(sp?) that can screen and filter toxins
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
now see in my opinion as a sr3 player i got my hopes up then smashed by this topic i was hoping as in biotech yall meant biologically enhanced parts like an esophagus(sp?) that can screen and filter toxins

We are planning to offer things of that nature in the future. Check out the Technology Discussions folder, some of the stuff is mentioned there.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Biotech
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: