Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Core Skills
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Core Skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Core Skills

Hey, Zoz! ::Tackles and glues 'em to the floor for easy access:: What's up with our core skills, yo? I understand all of them except for Aviation. I mean, it just logically seems that a car, for example, would be a lot easier to operate than a plane.. not to mention cheaper to purchase. So, in that scenario, why Aviation over Driving?

But in my world, I would've thought Electronics would be there instead of either of those. I mean.. Technicians.. Electronics. One in the same, aren't they?

--William, assuming Zoz to be more apt to read the Tech folder than the silly General Discussion folder

PS: I'm all for getting Occult Lore into the Triple Trainable category, too..

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Core Skills

brokyn wrote:
So, in that scenario, why Aviation over Driving?
But in my world, I would've thought Electronics would be there instead of either of those. I mean.. Technicians.. Electronics. One in the same, aren't they?

If you check out http://www.haelrahv.com/sections/concept/professions.php you'll see that Electronics IS in both the core and triple-trainable list. You may have been looking at an old or outdated listing, but rest assured, it is one of them.

Driving is triple-trainable, so techs who train fully in both won't be THAT much better at flying than driving. There's just a whole lot more electronics and instrumentation used in flying a plane, especially of the futuristic type that our game will probably have, making it a better choice. I'm sure that a couple of triple-trainable skills other than aviation would have been just as good a choice, but the other three core skills were so obvious a choice for technicians, that I went with something to add a little more flavor to the profession. Trust me, if you want to fly something in HR, no other profession will be able to hold a torch up to you as techs are the only one to have aviation as a core skill, and only 2 other professions have it triple-trainable.

brokyn wrote:

PS: I'm all for getting Occult Lore into the Triple Trainable category, too..

Over my stinkin' rotting corpse.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
...you'll see that Electronics IS in both the core and triple-trainable list. You may have been looking at an old or outdated listing, but rest assured, it is one of them.

Yeah, I think I was looking at Security.. or something. I can't remember, now, so sorry about that.

Also, what do you mean nobody will be able to hold a torch up to our Aviation skill? Does that mean not only operating the machine itself, but possibly even reduce the amount of time it would take to get from Point A to Point B?

--William, plotting out how to put all of the Core 'n Triple Trainable skills into his training regimen

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Aviation will factor into all aspects of operating an air-based vehicle, to likely include travel time to some aspect. If nothing else, you may be able to land and take off more efficiently, or know how to navigate better. This skill also handles maintenance and repair of these vehicles, to a point.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Trevor, can you add to the system an option that, with enough skill, you can purposely cause something to go wrong? I'm always annoyed in DR that when you get enough skill, you automatically do the best (first system coming to mind being embroidery). Just because you're the King of Needle-point doesn't mean you don't want to make something hideous (and, in the case of Aviation, crash on landing).

--William, the evil one

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject:

In some cases, yes. It depends really on how much control you have, as far as 'purposely' messing something up.

Back to top »
dlnexus

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject:

if we get aviation and pulse high enough can we perform strafing runs and /or possibly orbital bombardments? Laughing Wink

too much time on my hands for thinking
-kref
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject:

<g> Way too early to tell what exactly may unfold there. I would not say, however, that the answer is a no by any means. Although something like a bombardment might either be to another planet or to a very specific part of Haelrahv.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Core Skills
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: