FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Weapon Roundtimes
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Weapon Roundtimes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Weapon Roundtimes

So, I've been doing alot of testing with how strength and coordination really affect weapons in combat, mostly testing just roundtime and damage.

I've been pulling weapon weight and weapon type into account when testing roundtimes and came up with a couple of questions.

1st. Does the type of weapon actually influence the weapon's roundtime? I imagine it would, as it's easier to strike with a punching dagger, or even two (and quicker) than it is to swing two full blown swords. I merely ask for 100% confirmation.

2nd. How exactly does weapon weight affect RT? Because after comparing weapon weights, roundtimes and weapon types I'm lead to believe that it doesn't mean as much as it should. Take for instance, the lustrous silver-edged etars weigh 7 pounds, compared to llirae longswords which weigh 4. Same stats, same everything except a minute bonus on the etars and a 3 pound differential in weight...Yet their Roundtimes are exactly the same. 9-10 (at 80-120 strength, 110+ coordination) for a slash, 8-9 for a feint. Then you have the Inaiw, Eolai wooden sparring swords that weigh 2 pounds, compared to the gheflif spikes which weigh twelve ounces...4 second feint on using two inaiws and 5 second feint with the spikes. It just makes little sense to me and I would much appreciate some clearing up.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject:

RT's are balanced withthe weapon's damage, neither of which are affected in any way by weight. Having a light weapon will neither help or hinder you (with exception of encumbrance.)

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject:

That clears everything up. Thank you.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
RT's are balanced withthe weapon's damage, neither of which are affected in any way by weight. Having a light weapon will neither help or hinder you (with exception of encumbrance.)

so does the feather fred just reduce the weight, or lower RT? I thought t was going to reduce the weight and in turn reduce the RT.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Weight is generally not tied to RT.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Weight is generally not tied to RT.

got ya. Smile
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Weapon Roundtimes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: