FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Enemies helping each other.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Enemies helping each other.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathwatchz
Korell Ventril

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Enemies helping each other.

I was wondering about what could be done to make a more interesting hunting experience. I'm currently hunting in royal guards, and the thought came to mind "What if they had people helping each other out?" ie. royal medics patching up their wounds, royal mages casting protection spells/magma shields, etc. this could also apply to the other sentient creatures for hunting. I remember Seth mentioning an area with several robots of different types in a hunting area, with techs that helped them out.

I don't know how difficult it would be to set up a system where there were creatures/robots/humans that were support classes and spawned at a lesser rate (1 medic/mage for every 3 guards spawned), but would be there to break the monotony of "shoot/slash/stab" the guy in front of you till hes dead, move onto the next. If there was a medic healing the guards i was attacking it would make it so i need to focus on that guy before i can take out the guards.

I've seen a mixing of creatures in areas before, like the Glughok Fen, where there are berserkers, warriors, and harvesters, but they are all stand alone types, and have no integration of skills. If we can have artisans, techs, medics, agents, troopers, etc. hunting together and helping each other out, why isn't it occurring in the npc base? would be interesting to see a trooper class mob guarding a medic/mage class mob who's offering support spells/heals in return.

EDIT - Also having roving bands on occasion, where 2 guards were on 'follow' with a medic or mage leading, or one of the 'EPIC' mobs having tag alongs?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject:

i know that in LACAD if you attack civilians, they call for help and security guards (aka: LACAD royal guards) show up. The royal security guards will also remember that you've attacked them and civilians and treat you accordingly next time they see you. They'll also call for backup if attacked.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

The prevalent issue with mobs spawning mobs (and why I do it so sparingly) is to avoid the Gauntlet monster generator effect. For instance, people provoking civilians for the purpose of getting guards (better hunting) to respawn.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deathwatchz
Korell Ventril

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject:

well, i wasnt saying that the assisting creatures would be any better hunting. if it were a gauntlet style, they could all be based off of the same mob sheet, having different skill sets, but the same level, drops, etc. the only thing it would be doing would be to make backup. the reason i was wondering about it being in a gauntlet style would be to avoid too much backup (5 medics spawn on one guard, making him and the other medics immortal.)

it could also work to have several creatures spawning in one area, but having the support classes with much lower spawn rates. (i also wonder if making several gauntlet creatures would mean multiple areas with 4, 5, or 6 creatures fighting you at once, and you being screwed.)

as for the guards showing up and 'helping' civilians in LACAD, i still see it as stand-alone creatures, since its now just guards and civvys, fight one at a time, rather than them using support abilities. they do have backup, but its not as if the backup is working as a team, just working on the concept of win by numbers.

not sure how difficult it would be to make a creature that has priority settings, like medics that think 1. heal 2. attack, and guards with 1. defend allies, 2. attack, or if it would just be integrating a random effect, like adding guard medic/mage to the switching of shieldbash /attack /doubleslash /siphon life / siphon vigor that guards currently do.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I give a thumbs up to the idea of synergetic mobs...Chith mystics and Oracles working with Harvesters and look outs, casting defensive/support spells while the Harvester "tanks" or what have you...

But hell...I'd be happy if more mobs just assisted eachother.

Code:
Seth wails away on a paladin.

An eofaelsh paladin fades into view

An eofaelsh paladin watches Seth killing his best friend bob.

An eofaelsh paladin carries about his own business.

A vote for me, is a vote for more mobs like Royal Guards helping other Guards, and Hoaweisho Bucks protecting Hoaweisho Does!
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Seth Ventril wrote:
Hoaweisho Bucks protecting Hoaweisho Does!

they already do this. bucks become aggro if they see you attacking does.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject:

My bad. I wasn't suggesting they should do this, I was giving examples of mobs that work together.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Deathwatchz
Korell Ventril

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject:

yeah, it doesn't make much sense that alajsh, paladins, and the hunters in the fort stand around as you kill their friends. I don't know about others, but it seems like good creatures are also rather disloyal.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Enemies helping each other.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: