FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Potion values?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Potion values?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Potion values?

Okay I don know but it seems to me that a potion should be worth more then it's components...

I made a Tincture of Healing, when I valued the components 50 parts each the total came to $1,487, yet the potion of 51 parts only some for $1,293.

Mayeb you could have a base price per potion then have some variance dependant on how well the commodities are doing.. I would think that if they are paying well for the parts, IE the components are hard to get right then, they would pay more for the potion, whereas if they weren't paying much for the pieces, then the potion wouldn't be worth much over the skill. Because it was easy to get the components.

Kelasa
Friendly Neighborhood Dabbler.
Downtweak

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject:

Maybe you destroyed some perfectly good ingredients with your amature alchemy experiments.

-Downtweak

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject:

The beauty of the potions is the very fact that they aren't affected by a market. Which makes sense to some point. While the component values vary, their availability does not. So I don't they should always be worth more than the combined components per se.

However, that doesn't mean they're perfect as is, the potion values were adjusted recently. I'd say in fact, they probably do need some adjustment.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject:

a good adjustment or a bad adjustment? If its a bad one, the only people I've seen making loads of cash are the really high people, and I mean...thats cause they're really high, as soon as we have more bureacrats at level 5 people will be making a crapload more than they would if they made potions really. If you have argurat fruit at say...6, which wouldn't be that uncommon if you have a few different bureaucrats at 5 running around, get a bundle of 50, refine them, and you've just made 600 bucks in what only takes about 20 minutes to do. Potions which usually have about 3 ingrediants, and one usually a pretty hard to find one while mining sell for, at most I've seen 1500. Obviously your making a crapload more on foraging >.> unless there becomes a player market for potions.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject:

I meant an adjustment to make potions more valuable. Wink

Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject:

Theres only one thing to be said of course. Yay!!!!
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject:

Potions may now be sold for more, starting at $1952 for 50 doses ($39 per dose). Higher level potions and more doses will increase the value obviously.

This puts the lowest tier potion at a value of $13 per component within which is not always going to be above market but it's not bad.

To give an idea of the scale of value as one can make better potions, the level 10 potion (that is the 10th potion in the list, not player level 10) sells for $2272 ($45.44 per dose, $15.14 per unit used).

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject:

This reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask, just wasn't sure where to.

Is hunting going to be the best source of income here, or are you going to try to keep it balanced so that alchemists, artisans and hunters of equal level will make the same amount of money? Or will some other system be the best?

And on a related note, what's the most profitable right now?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject:

We're trying to keep it mostly balanced but lean it toward risk involved, and compensate for costs involved as well.

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject:

Hmm..so if something requires more skills and stats than hunting, it'll pay more?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Na, I said risk (danger to you, risk of item loss, etc.) and supply costs. The skills involved aren't usually a factor themselves. I suppose if a system required one person to have many specific skills to do that would be a factor, but no such systems exist.

Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Na, I said risk...and supply costs.

Actually, you said "costs." I figured since skills and stats cost exp points, you could've meant them, too. <grins>

I guess you're right that no system requires certain skills, but you definitely need a lot of different stats and skills to be good at them.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Valid point. Wink

Back to top »
Lynettia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Actually I think the potions sell for way too much.. I know. Go ahead and yell at me. I enjoy the benefits of the high prices too, but making potions to sell to the shop isn't supposed to be the point in making potions. We should be selling them to other people who can't make them. But you think anyone's gonna pay $3000 for a potion? Not likely. So why sell to other people when we can get more by selling them to the shop? The ingredients are basically free so it's not like we're losing money by making the potions. Anyway that's just my thought so go ahead and yell at me. But admit it. People like to get my potions. And I guess really you'd rather I give them away then charge for them anyway.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Potion values?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: