Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Pottery Puzzlement
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Pottery Puzzlement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Pottery Puzzlement

Exp?

How effective is sculpting supposed to be for filling a character's pool? For me, starting a project with an empty pool begins the learning process, but before the wheel is done spinning there is a need to "experience new things." Not everyone that I have talked with in game experiences this, so I would like to be sure that the change is intended.

Glazing…

If there is a project on the table similar to the one that is being held sometimes the project on the table ends up receiving the glaze.

Handy?

What exactly needs to be held while painting? Currently the glaze or paint jar must be held while dipping, and the project held while painting. However, the water jar does not need to be held. I would like to know why this is. It should be possible to dip the brush into a jar of any liquid that is on a table. I would appreciate if this could be implemented, after the pressing, cutting, stowing, sculpting, etching, placing, (getting, placing) closing, and firing, my fingers are awfully tired! (Not to mention Layne’s. Plus she gets that extra leftover clay gook all over those jars and you know what neat freaks us artisans are!) I think that cutting out that extra get and place (as well as complications from having more than one color of your effective medium) would be appreciated by quite a few. :]

--Sorry, I had to ask about the inconsistency but couldn’t help but plead for a favorable answer.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject:

On experience:

If you're gauging by this weekend, we've had double exp absorption so that's thrown it off kilter. If you've experienced low exp gains prior to this as well there may need to be some adjustment. However, you gain help get your full pool in great part by training intellect.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
nireb

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:24 am    Post subject:

kill loads of chiths or train intellect....hmmmm.....ive been known to be stupid so its species exticntion time!
 Back to top »
mellie
Artistic Bitch

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject:

to start, Mellie has a low 5 intellect. Ive found that pottery is a slow but steady exp gain. Instead of it filling your pool then require draining if your fast enough your steadily gaining exp. I always fill my head hunting then make pottery. Works well and my pool never really drains until Im done. I think its perfect. Although I would like to see exp earned from glazing and stenciling
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Pottery Puzzlement

senseandviolets wrote:
What exactly needs to be held while painting? Currently the glaze or paint jar must be held while dipping, and the project held while painting.

The only thing that ever required being held was the glaze. Originally, this was not the case. I changed it because it was parsing to worn containers before the table. The check has been removed, so you'll just need to be careful and use adjectives to make sure you're interacting with the intended objects. You can also use 'my' to specify what's in your hand. This will be fixed in the full release.

mellie wrote:
Works well and my pool never really drains until Im done. I think its perfect. Although I would like to see exp earned from glazing and stenciling

It wasn't like this until very recently, but you do get a small amount of experience for glazing and stenciling.

Another thing I'd like to note, a bug that allowed you to glaze multiple projects with one use of glaze has been fixed. This means that you can glaze five projects with one jar. It's a big change from how it was before, but considering the value increase when glaze is used, it is still very profitable.

I hope I've answered your questions. If not, let me know. Very Happy

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Morgana

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject:

[...but before the wheel is done spinning there is a need to "experience new things."]

I get the same thing if I start in to do Pottery with nill in my pool. I fill my pool first then go do pottery while it drains. That was before the fantasic double time weekend (inwhich if I did pottery I wasn't learning at all). So hunted and foraged all weekend, Beau kept stalking me he can tell ya' <whimpers>.
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the quick responses.

The exp gain that I had described was before the weekend bonus. Can I expect to learn somewhat more from pottery in the future, or is it better utilized as a draining activity?
nireb

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject:

only im allowed to stalk morgana. Beau leave 'er alone!
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject:

I made some changes to pottery. You should be able to shape a project without your pool completely draining now.

Also, jars of glaze now have 10 uses, purely for convenience purposes. The cost per use is still the same.

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject:

::applause:: Neat.
Morgana

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject:

Definately noticed the change. Thanks muches!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Pottery Puzzlement
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: