FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Two Psionic Ideas
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » Two Psionic Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Two Psionic Ideas

Okay...so the Psionics list is pretty packed, as is....oh well.

Name: Mindscape
Prerequisite Abilities: Necropolis Covenant, Spirit Guide

Description:

During the various wars through history there has been a need for spies of a more...subtle....nature than Agents.

The Mindscape ability, simply put, allows a Psionic to project his thoughts well beyond his/her physical body.

While in this disembodied state the Psionic is merely the fly on the wall. Able to listen but unable to affect.

As their mental and psionic prowess increase they are able to range further and further from their corporeal bodies.

Upon the ending of the invocation, however, they must be within a suitable distance of their body, else risk becoming....detached.

There have even been rumors of beings that exist soley on the mindscape. Some say they are the thoughts of others given life.

Name: Torment
Prerequisite Abilities: Mental Link, Terrorscape

Using Torment the Psionic forges a mental link with the target and brings forth a creature(ideally of a slightly higher 'difficulty') which the target must defend against.

Depending on how well the target is able to defend against the attack this spell will either not function or cause a % of damage to the targets health. The percent can range from anywhere between 25 and 75%. In rare cases the target of Torment has been known to drop dead from sheer fear of whatever was summoned.

There you go. Keep in mind....it's 5:49AM, I've not had coffee, yet....and the current list of Psionic abilities have somewhat vague descriptions. ::grins::

-Chris, player of Glim
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I like Mindscape. Reminds me of Astral Projection from V:tM (and other games, of course). Smile

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject:

The idea of an Astral Projection ability similar to how Mindscape has been considered and may happen at some point.

And, tho I played V:TM for some time, I don't recall the ability/details off hand. But I do recall Palladium's implementation and it was pretty cool.

And Torment.. is this essentially short term summoned creature then? There are many summoning (drawing) abilities, but they do not work in exactly the described manner you'd laid out.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I think it's meant to be an illusionary creature, with just HP damage due to *thinking* you're getting hit. I could have misunderstood though.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Just because I have a few V:tM sites on hand.. and I'm a nerd.. here's the info on their form of astral projection, though it's under another name. It's a level 5 Auspex ability.
Quote:

5 - Psychic Projection

Positive:
The vampire with this power may "project" herself out of her body. The vampire's astral form can not be harmed physically, it can not become fatigued, and it can move with great speed (up to 1000mph) anywhere on the earth, or even underground, as long as the vampire remains under the moon's orbit.

Negative:
The physical body of the vampire lies in torpor while the vampire is in her astral form, and the vampire is not aware of anything that disturbs her body until the vampire returns to it. An ephemeral silver cord goes from the vampire's body to her astral form and if this cord becomes severed, her conciousness is stranded in the astral plane.

Roll Required: Perception + Occult, difficulty varies on distance and complexity of the trip (7 is average, with 10 reflecting a trip far, far from familiar territory)

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Hunter got it. ::hands him a prize::

Torment would be similar(although not quite) to the GS3 spell Nightmare.(Basically if someone casts on you you go into a dream-like state and are attacked by an illusionary creature. It functions the same as other critters...it's just not there.)

"Each person and creature has its own specific worst nightmare, which the sorcerer is able to summon with this spell. For most players, it will be a certain creature which will suddenly appear only to them and begin to attack. Just as one cannot battle their nightmares, the target will be unable to battle this creature. It will seem to them as if every second they are about to die in some hideous manner. The unfortunate player or creature affected by this spell will often be stunned, fall to the ground, scream in fright, beg for mercy, and sometimes take damage."

That's Nightmare.

I added the damage hits in because that's just my preferance. ::grins::

-Chris
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject:

I remember nightmare. My critter was a purple myklian (sp).

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Magic and Psionics » Two Psionic Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: