FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Questions about Scribing
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Questions about Scribing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Questions about Scribing

First off I want to say I love the idea of being able to scribe tomes. Makes me feel all magey or something *grin* I do have a couple questions though in regards to it.

1. Do the tomes require the same amount of skill to learn as the store bought ones?

2. As with most "made" items, you are able to sell them, however...when I went to sell my Elixir of Invisibility tome at the alchemy shop, the man offered me $238 for the tome, using a crat with 7% bonus I got $255. The tome sells for $398. Question is, are we spose to get less than the store bought ones?...just seems kinda i dunno...not worth the 20 minutes it took to scribe to only get a small fraction of what they sell for.

3. Does you Research affect how quickly you can scribe or the "quality" of the tome for selling value?

4. I noticed that the difficulty in scribing doesnt increase with the potion. For example it took me the same amount of time to scribe Tincture of Healing as it did Elixir of Invisibility, is this the norm? You'd think it would take less to scribe the easiest then on 15 tomes harder to learn.

5. When did the price in tomes decrease? Just the other day I bought a tome for over $1500, now there isnt one that costs above $650. Was this change done because of scribing and being able to sell the tomes?

Hmmm think thats all my questions for now, am sure I'll have more later on.

Thanks!

Josie
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1. Do the tomes require the same amount of skill to learn as the store bought ones?

Yes, but the ones you make take less time to learn and you get more experience per study.

Quote:
2. As with most "made" items, you are able to sell them, however...when I went to sell my Elixir of Invisibility tome at the alchemy shop, the man offered me $238 for the tome, using a crat with 7% bonus I got $255. The tome sells for $398. Question is, are we spose to get less than the store bought ones?...just seems kinda i dunno...not worth the 20 minutes it took to scribe to only get a small fraction of what they sell for.

It needs some adjustment, they should sell for more than they do right now. I'll look into it. Smile They are also taking a bit longer to complete than I intended.

Quote:
3. Does you Research affect how quickly you can scribe or the "quality" of the tome for selling value?

Speed yes, quality no.

Quote:
4. I noticed that the difficulty in scribing doesnt increase with the potion. For example it took me the same amount of time to scribe Tincture of Healing as it did Elixir of Invisibility, is this the norm? You'd think it would take less to scribe the easiest then on 15 tomes harder to learn.

It's intentional. I wanted to assure that higher level potions are more valuable, and reducing the time for easy potions would make that more difficult to manage.

Quote:
5. When did the price in tomes decrease? Just the other day I bought a tome for over $1500, now there isnt one that costs above $650. Was this change done because of scribing and being able to sell the tomes?

Last night, and yes. It wouldn't make sense for a shop to buy tome for $200 that it sells for $50. It also would be realistic but out of whack for it to buy a tome for $500 that it sells for $2500. You can sell your old tomes back for a value based on the former prices btw.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nsa

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Scribing??

Finally got enough to scribe my first tome (so i thought) and newp cant do it yet...my sister said she could scribe her first one at 40 research...well i have 42 research...can someone give me a hint what i am doing wrong please...
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject:

You need a minimum of 60 in combined research + intellect, including item/room/etc bonuses.

Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject:

Are there any plans in the works for scribing the psionic and spell pages?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject:

Nope.

Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:

This is the most likely place to put this, but I've recently taken scribing poison tomes back up. I simply do it because it's something I can do when feeling lazy/social, not really to profit. Though when Alarah sold a tome for her tincture of magic it sold for for upwind of $800, and then I sold my black vial tome for about $460, it didn't seem right, especially since the vial of pain tome I scribed shortly after sold for much much less. I'm not complaining, as I stated I only do this to keep learning while in social/lazy settings, but I just wanted it brought to attention incase it's an error in the math, or simply unintended.

*Edit* I just sold one, and the price is $559, my bad.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:

I agree, I do like selling tomes for profit. I just think that Poisons, which cannot be bought anywhere, should go for ALOT more then Potions, my highest being Tincture of magic for 800 something.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Questions about Scribing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: