FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
A Couple Merc Idea's
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » A Couple Merc Idea's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadoc

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: A Couple Merc Idea's

Ok so these are thoughts in progess, but just wanted to put them here before I forget. (also because its slow at work ::whistles innocently:Smile

I know a post a little down from here that Mercs got an attack CLEAVE that can attack multiple opponents at level 24. Unless that was made available to everyone. Would it be possible to get a similiar attack from Firearms/Bows. Say Such as Barrage, Volley, Mutlishot etc.

Also I think it would be fun to be able to join Mercenary Units/Armies/Band. This being another contract way. I guess what I envision is similiar to the Trooper Missions. That war or skirmish has broken out somewhere in HR. If your unit is picked (I suppose randomly or what not) that you can be sent out with either other PCs or NPC of the Merc Band/Unit. I dunno as I said this is a work in progress. Or basically Group Merc Contracts...etc

Well, I just had those couple ideas, maybe one or two more but nothing really well worked out at the moment.
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I think all Professions should get some profession-specific quests. That would be awesome. Artisans making t-shirts for a large order, Medics going out into the field to recover someone fallen, Mercs hunting a local fugitive, Trackers um...Putting down some ferocious wild game, etc.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Seth Ventril wrote:
... Trackers um ... Putting down some ferocious wild game, etc.

Even Llanfair needs its zookeepers.

As for the Merc quests, I like the idea of group contracts, but I'm not sure how it would work, unless you get to command a small group of NPCs. There's just too much level difference for it to be a group of all PC mercs. Though, it would open up some unique options being able to command mercs. New titles, sliding pay scale depending on how you handle the quest, perhaps notoriety or fame with regular citizens that has special perks of some sort.

I do agree with Seth, though. There definitely needs more profession-specific quests for agents, trackers, psions, mages, etc, etc. I also wouldn't mind seeing random quests for everyone ... mebbe a Merc wanders up and asks for you to help with spying on someone or something. Just something random that is randomly given to an awake person. Or, have shops randomly give you a quest when you purchase something from them.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Cadoc

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I do like the idea of more profession specific quests.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » A Couple Merc Idea's
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: