FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Possibilities for hunting
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Possibilities for hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathwatchz
Korell Ventril

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Possibilities for hunting

I did a general scan over the forum, and didn't see this specific idea covered, but my apologies if i missed anything.

While it has been mentioned that there should be more critters, differing difficulties/rare critters etc. I still wonder about hunting's payout. While it is a way to make reasonable amounts of cash, it seems like all i get are forageables, weapons that are downgrades, the occasional magic item that quite often is useless for me, or other items which serve no purpose but to make money. (I've heard about the hiepahreds, also) I also don't have access to the rare/ultra-rare lists, so apologies if im wrong.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add in items which are above and beyond anything else that could be purchased in stores or crafted to allow there to be some kind of upgrading of equipment/weapons/gear from hunting. If there was a chance for me to go out and find high quality guns, swords, clubs, armor, or possibly class equipment such as medic gear, tech gear, etc. i feel it would offset the chance that i would end up dead. I can forage items for hours on end with no risk, and still end up with top-rate weapons, gear, and armor, since its all sold in stores or made by players. Also, maybe for the ultra-rare list, certain items which would be in high demand (ie. vouchers, backpacks larger than craftables, gear that can be altered to give a bonus to a specific stat, such as a ring you could have give +2 to any one stat/skill, but once it is set, it's locked in) It just seems like although hunting is more interesting than picking ivy all day, it's still nothing but a way to earn money, with a chance the people you're killing will get you instead.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject:

most R items are above store bought quality, and URs are way beyond things even merchants would normally sell.

that said, URs are pretty, well, ultra rare to find these days.
Deathwatchz
Korell Ventril

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject:

ok, i haven't honestly seen anyone running around with box-drop weapons, and havent heard of stuff like box-drop guns, so i have nothing to compare it to. all i have seen of rare quality is things like +1 to electronics pins, and +1 to poison, +1 to stealth held-item books, etc. nothing that really seemed effective, and i've yet to find a rare drop weapon. maybe its just inexperience, or bad luck. *shrugs*
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject:

There's actually a bunch of dropped weaponry available from mundane to magical. I'm not too sure of the actual quality of them since I don't have them in front of me at the moment.

Some of the mundane weapons include a polished silferton pistol with a thick rubber grip, a black and silver gridgun as well as a few other melee weapons. Other magical weapons (unfortunately no marksmanship that I've found though I have heard rumors of them) include anything from bladed to exotics and can include bonuses from single skill, to stat and skill, to just stats. Some of the more common magical weapons are borkin-made weapons, but they don't tend to be of high quality.

I have well over fifty magical trinkets cataloged on my computer gathered from fishing or hunting or other players so there is a wide variety to be obtained. Some of the best magical armors, though, I have found fishing but they don't even compare to some of what the players around can make.

And of course, there are the hiepahreds but those are generally higher level drops then anything else.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject:

Deathwatchz wrote:
ok, i haven't honestly seen anyone running around with box-drop weapons, and havent heard of stuff like box-drop guns, so i have nothing to compare it to. all i have seen of rare quality is things like +1 to electronics pins, and +1 to poison, +1 to stealth held-item books, etc. nothing that really seemed effective, and i've yet to find a rare drop weapon. maybe its just inexperience, or bad luck. *shrugs*

if it makes any sense, i don't have my characters use box-dropped items because i'm very likely to end up selling them by accident.

"woops, there goes my fully upgraded + freded borkin club! AH WELL"
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject:

Still would be nice if some of the back drops were considered upgrades and such. As for armor, there's a few decent heavy armor pieces, but nothing even halfway decent for LA (compared to crafted gear). There are a few pieces of decent bonused fluff, including most of the fishing treasure (Agent rings in fishing? How cruel...None of us fish. Lol). But yeah, it would be nice to find a super sweet rifle, or some kinda cool Agent-y gear. Pretty sure the same could be said of any profession. Who wouldn't like finding some badass instrument, or cool medic gear in a treasure box?
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Possibilities for hunting
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: