FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Displaying Suggestion
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Displaying Suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Displaying Suggestion

I think it would be really cool if we could DISPLAY things in our home, which would basically be like dropping items, but the janitor wouldn't pick them up. My reasoning is there are some items that aren't furniture that I'd like to be able to show up. Ex: For the Halloween season I had a cute witch's broomstick that I would have totally wanted to display like leaning against the wall or something or other decorations of sorts that aren't options for furniture. Or displaying your wedding dress. Etc.

Maybe you can put a restriction on how many things you can display in 1 room, like 3 things to keep people from misusing it.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Displaying Suggestion

Haidee wrote:
I think it would be really cool if we could DISPLAY things in our home, which would basically be like dropping items, but the janitor wouldn't pick them up. My reasoning is there are some items that aren't furniture that I'd like to be able to show up. Ex: For the Halloween season I had a cute witch's broomstick that I would have totally wanted to display like leaning against the wall or something or other decorations of sorts that aren't options for furniture. Or displaying your wedding dress. Etc.

Maybe you can put a restriction on how many things you can display in 1 room, like 3 things to keep people from misusing it.

i agree 100% because i'd love to craft some things to leave around.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I can probably do this. Question, which would you all prefer?

1. The items just look like normal stuff dropped.

2. The items look like "You also see a couch, a door, and a fancy widget on display."

3. A new line in home LOOKs that says something like, "On display you see a fancy widget."

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject:

the on display thing sounds cool, but if two or more things are set that way i bet it would get annoying.
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Yah it sounds cool Smile

Maybe have a set amount per room you could display like 3/room or such so it doesnt get too cluttered.

Or maybe display pedestals?
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject:

My vote goes for the first one, simply cause of what Yaru said. Also it'd be nice if we could HIDE it like the other items.

Something that's not really related directly to this, but I have an unlimited set of business cards and I was wondering if there was a way I could put it on my table and let people take them. Same thing with maybe getting a candy tray and filling it and allowing people to take some candy, etc. Basically being able to choose what you will and will not allow people to take.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Something that's not really related directly to this, but I have an unlimited set of business cards and I was wondering if there was a way I could put it on my table and let people take them. Same thing with maybe getting a candy tray and filling it and allowing people to take some candy, etc. Basically being able to choose what you will and will not allow people to take.

This actually crossed my mind like 20 minutes ago. I will have to ponder the best way to approach it.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Same thing with maybe getting a candy tray and filling it and allowing people to take some candy, etc. Basically being able to choose what you will and will not allow people to take.

while it's probably more a bug than a feature, items within items that can't be moved can sometimes still be picked up.

ie: the treasure chest in the artisan-only estate area can't have items removed by people level 5 and up (or something), yet if an item is in a backpack in that chest, i can still get that item out of the backpack in that chest.

but i think that's more a bug than a feature.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Please let me know if you notice this behavior in homes. It shouldn't occur. Only homeowner/VIP should be able to take things from any furnishing.

Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

*bump*
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
*bump*

Maybe a *jiggle* would be more effective.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Displaying Suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: