Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Spellsong Cost
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Spellsong Cost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Spellsong Cost

Hey, there was a thing that brought this to my mind today, but on the subject of spellsongs that aren't sold any more I know that others can notate it for the newer players, but I do have one request.

I'm hoping we can all come to common terms on the prices of such spellsongs. Personally I charge $5,000 per spellsong. It's not a huge price considering the price of crap around here now, IMO. But still, it gives younger players the sense of the rarity of these spellsongs, after all, I know I personally find good value in them not only because they aren't sold any more, but because I was able to find and buy them on my own. I think it really devalues them when we're just handing them out for free. Now, I'm not saying that we have to charge an arm and a leg for them. It's not really fair to the youngins that maybe don't have as much money as some of us and I understand that it might be in the higher price range for them in the beginning, but they have a decent amount of time to save up for it, after all the first rare spellsong is Rhythmic Calcando and that's a bit farther down the line skill-wise.

I'm just hoping we can all find a common ground when it comes to the prices of them so we don't devalue them.

Your thoughts?
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

i love the idea.

the only downside is that (as with all times someone tries to do this: potions, backpacks, etc), someone will end up just spamming the market with it out of spite.

that said i'm all for making an accepted price for things. yaru generally doesn't notate at all and saves it for the performers, but i'd do whatever is agreed on as eoceoe.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject:

Meh, I really don't think someone will do it out of spite. Especially if we're keeping the price RELATIVELY low. I can see if happening if I added an extra 0 or something, but really... I hardly think $5000 is too much to ask.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kelasa

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject:

Another thing that might help to keep these and other things such as alchemy tomes and what not from becoming just senseless clutter...

When someone studies and learns a formula, song or such, make the item that they studied crumble up, so only one person can learn from them at a time.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Kelasa wrote:
Another thing that might help to keep these and other things such as alchemy tomes and what not from becoming just senseless clutter...

When someone studies and learns a formula, song or such, make the item that they studied crumble up, so only one person can learn from them at a time.

that would rock.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I totally agree to this...Except I want my poison tomes to Self-Destruct M:I style...

Code:
You have learned how to mix the Vial of Pain Mixture
<poison>
This tome will now self-destruct in 5 seconds

But seriously yeah...I don't like the idea that these things stick around...It's why I only scribe for 3 people.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I only make notations for the music shop.

Cool

But if I were convinced to break that contract and notate for someone else, I'd definitely charge at least $5000. If not higher, as I'd rather do.

--William

ps: I'm also in favour of self-destructing teaching devices. For notations, you could have characters decide to toss away their papers due to excessive notes in the margins. Or something along those lines.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Or something along those lines.

Code:
>study sheet
Success! You finally understand the Ballad of the Drunken Kucho! But, it sudden dawns on you that you've just been taught something by Acosae! Shrieking in terror, you drop the sheet to the floor and promptly light it on fire. Now no one will ever know.
Roundtime: 35 seconds

Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Touche, sir. Touche.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
ZANQUINRAKEL

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure which ones can't be found anymore, but yes, I'd agree to that. Most of the notating I do is between beginner Performer packs, and of course selling them to make some nice money. 5000 sounds fair, since aren't all the rare ones way down the line?

"You watched it, you can't UN-watch it!"
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Didn't I already set the fest-sold spellsong scrolls out for sale in the Academy? (Or did I forget to lock them down and someone made off with them?)

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject:

I was never aware that there were any. Were they supposed to be sold with Cook's Ditty?
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » Spellsong Cost
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: