FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
initial hamstring feedback
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » initial hamstring feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: initial hamstring feedback

so my evil little agent now has hamstring!

a few thoughts on it:

1) a lot harder to pull off than hobble.
2) things i can hobble i can't hamstring.
3) when dual-wielding and using hamstring, it attacks with the right handed weapon twice instead of the right once and the left once. but i think it's just messaging because the freds on the left handed weapon do trigger.
4) attacks from missile like ambush does (which is a known bug, i think).
5) for some reason poison applies before the damage is done.
6) you can target non-leg bodyparts.
7) i land hits to body parts that don't exist anymore (aka: completely destroyed)
Cool speaking of completely destroyed, i'm surprised i can completely destroy a leg or foot in one hit, but it doesn't trigger hamstring doing anything fancy message-wise.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject:

In regard to the missle range thing, all the stealth attacks I think do this, ambush, hamstring, and assassinate.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
1) a lot harder to pull off than hobble.
2) things i can hobble i can't hamstring.
3) when dual-wielding and using hamstring, it attacks with the right handed weapon twice instead of the right once and the left once. but i think it's just messaging because the freds on the left handed weapon do trigger.
4) attacks from missile like ambush does (which is a known bug, i think).
5) for some reason poison applies before the damage is done.
6) you can target non-leg bodyparts.
7) i land hits to body parts that don't exist anymore (aka: completely destroyed)
8 )speaking of completely destroyed, i'm surprised i can completely destroy a leg or foot in one hit, but it doesn't trigger hamstring doing anything fancy message-wise.

1. -----------Ignore------

2. I agree. I think this move could be expanded to anything with "legs" legs (Like I would imagine gragroks would have tendons, as opposed to asapi feet)

3. I never noticed, not even when I used to dual wield daggers.

4. No complaints >.>

5. Fluff bug.

6. I managed to reproduce this. I hit in the neck with a hamstring. Needs to be made like sweep?

7. When I was testing the hamstring effectiveness of my h'zarh'l vs. etar, I noticed anytime I had destroyed both feet and legs I would get a special messaging indicating hamstring just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. So no clue.

8. I only manage to do this with my etar and only occassionally. But non-successful hamstrings are maybe a tad too strong.

9. (My own gripe) It seems to me that, and especially after testing with 3 different weapons, that to get a successful hamstring you have to hit a certain damage range. Through my tests I've found this range to be the damage level above good, and up. And if that's not the case, disregard this. But I think that to be wrong, because IRL the best hamstringing and ankle biting weapons are all lightweight knives, not big honking swords. I'm just a little upset that I feel like a) forsake my want to rp Seth as a stealthy type that uses lightweight easily concealed weapons, or b) forsake my rp to use my kickass abilities. And that's just a tough choice (and my current training regimen doesn't have room for more strength for a while.)[/quote]

*EDIT* Oops my bad, thought you meant something else.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"

Last edited by Seth Ventril on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:

oh and like ambush:

10) the left handed weapon doesn't apply poison ever.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:

[Script]>hamstring kucho
[Script]>
The Modan Kucho's legs are already sufficiently mangled. Perhaps you should try picking on something else.

That's what it tells you when you try to hit legs that are completely destroyed, or it does for me anyway.

EDIT: Ok, I see what you mean, when attacking with two weapons, my first hit hit a destroyed part, while the second hit took out the last not destroyed part.

[Script]>You leap out of your hiding place and catch the Modan Kucho by surprise!
You catch the Modan Kucho behind the knee, cleanly hamstringing him.
The Modan Kucho is completely dazed by the attack!
The Modan Kucho reels and falls flat on his back!
You send the Modan Kucho tumbling to the ground with a quick slash to the achilles tendon.

That isn't fancy enough messaging for you?

I do find it odd though that a creature can stand with completely destroyed legs and feet....
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » initial hamstring feedback
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: