FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Writing
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavain

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Writing

OK, probably one of those "waste of coding time" suggestions but I've been messing with this for a while and it's bugging me. When writing on stationary, or in journals/diaries/etc, I can't seem to find a way to leave a blank line and haven't been able to find anyone that can tell me how.

So far I've just been writing what I want to write then using > as a space holder to simulate a blank line. It works well enough I suppose but as I said i've been working on various things to see if there is away to leave an actual blank line and marked up my black flame card rather horribly in the process so I figured what the heck, I'll post about it.

Thanks much.

P. S. And the ability to erase text would be nice as well. *glances at the various scribbles now solidly in place at the bottom of his card.*
 Back to top »
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject:

Try using WRITE ;

---------

Okay. I suppose I should expand that some, after looking at the journals/diaries in the post office.

For stationary/custom journals once sold by Adelaide, you should be able to WRITE ; to make a blank line.

For the journals/etc. in the post office, you can just hit the enter key for a blank line.

On erasing, I thought there was a way to do it with stationary/custom journals, but I've forgotten it if so. Embarassed

For the post office journals, WRITE <item> when flipped to a page with writing on it should pull up some options.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject:

Erasing on loose sheets of paper and other stationary has been on my to-do list for a while now. Sorry guys things just keep popping up! I'll see what I can do.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:

HR-Tkiro wrote:
Try using WRITE ;

---------

Okay. I suppose I should expand that some, after looking at the journals/diaries in the post office.

For stationary/custom journals once sold by Adelaide, you should be able to WRITE ; to make a blank line.

For the journals/etc. in the post office, you can just hit the enter key for a blank line.

On erasing, I thought there was a way to do it with stationary/custom journals, but I've forgotten it if so. Embarassed

For the post office journals, WRITE <item> when flipped to a page with writing on it should pull up some options.

I'm using a black card from the post office stationary room. I tried write ; and just "write " and all i get is "Write what?"
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm using a black card from the post office stationary room. I tried write ; and just "write " and all i get is "Write what?"

"write ;" is the command to make a space and that should work with anything bought from the post office. If you are having issue getting it to work for you, perhaps you should assist.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Quote:

"write ;" is the command to make a space and that should work with anything bought from the post office. If you are having issue getting it to work for you, perhaps you should assist.

Bah, figures. Using Genie "write ;" returns with write what? but when I log in and use the wizard it leaves a blank line. Well, at least now I know when I want to write I just have to switch FE's. Thanks guys.
 Back to top »
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Using Genie "write ;" returns with write what? but when I log in and use the wizard it leaves a blank line.

Just a guess, as I don't have Genie, but it might be replacing ; with something else. Might want to look through the options and see if that's the case.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Writing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: