FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
can't have it both ways.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » can't have it both ways.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

HR-Tkiro wrote:
Quote:
i am quite curious how those guys got into the light shrine to grab him.

They didn't. Wink

I will admit I should have done something more when he was taken...no one was around the shrine. Didn't feel right to 'announce' it. Same deal with when Rkaren in the temple. Had Yaru followed him west(you probably missed him un-stalking you) he would have seen what Rkaren was actually there for. Wink

yaru has 0 streetwise/tracking, but i do wish i now actually had my old records of what was where in there, but along with all my tailoring/craftsmanship notes, they're lost to a dead t20 (unless it was something new you put in). Wink

my guess on how he got out is that the sigil still worked, just not as well, and it happened to work really well at the time he got lured out.

the one thing about the event that i dislike, and it's something i've seen in all events everywhere in every MUD ever (so it isn't rare!), is that i don't feel we're going to find their hideout until you want us to. now, on one hand it makes sense, because if i find it at 5am and no GM is around, then the right "reaction" probably won't happen, but if there was a way to find things without needing a GM around to do so, that would rock.

i know it was fun to have random search parties the few days after the hunt for clues, still finding things. it didn't do anything major, but it was still fun to run about and do whatever.
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
is that i don't feel we're going to find their hideout until you want us to

Rkaren has, on several occasions, walked from town to his hideout.(At least once, he should have been trackable)

We're working behind the scenes to try and make this more of an 'exploration' event, but it's really freaking hard to account for all of the various variables that you players are so kind to form. Surprised
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:

HR-Tkiro wrote:
Quote:
is that i don't feel we're going to find their hideout until you want us to

Rkaren has, on several occasions, walked from town to his hideout.(At least once, he should have been trackable)

We're working behind the scenes to try and make this more of an 'exploration' event, but it's really freaking hard to account for all of the various variables that you players are so kind to form. Surprised

i have never ever been able to track a GMNPC (ever Wink). i used to be able to scout them, but even when i saw tracks when i'd try to actually TRACK them, i'd be told they can't be found, or i wasn't allowed to (but I think it was more the former than the latter). recently, i've never seen rkaren's tracks at all, and trust me i tried to find them in the temple, too. i always assume that a GM accidentally left a "can't track me i'm a GM!" tag on, though.

i don't think i've ever been able to track someone not listed as a player. if it was someone as staff, obviously i can't track them, but i don't think i've ever been able to spot a Roleplayer and Merchant person, either.

i also don't know if it was unintended or "well he's JUST that good!" or whatever, but when Rkaren was going in and out of LACAD, he never actually got 'detected' by any of the checkpoints. normally all LACAD members get alerted when anyone clears (or fails to clear) any of those.
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i also don't know if it was unintended or "well he's JUST that good!" or whatever, but when Rkaren was going in and out of LACAD, he never actually got 'detected' by any of the checkpoints. normally all LACAD members get alerted when anyone clears (or fails to clear) any of those.

He's very stealthy. It's my understanding that with enough stealth, you can sneak through without being detected. I'll have him just walk through, next time and we'll see if that gets noticed. Smile

I'll see what can be done about his untrackable nature.(He's currently a "Mage/Psionic" hybrid, so no Tracker stuff in there. Boo!)
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

HR-Tkiro wrote:
I'll see what can be done about his untrackable nature.(He's currently a "Mage/Psionic" hybrid, so no Tracker stuff in there. Boo!)

i'll make sure to try scouting him more often, too. i really made a habit of never really trying to scout GMNPCs since it generally never worked.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

<3 Rkaren.

Teacher bodes my silence, I comply...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject:

I'll go on record as saying I'm willing to take more than the lion's share of blame for any "incompletion" that anyone happens to feel exists within gaming parameters, since I was assigned to handle the coding and just haven't been able to apply myself fully because my life out of game is twelve shades of hectic and demanding. Sorry.

But.

I'm also of the opinion (and I want to stress that I'm not saying this just because they're my peers) that the GMs handling the story are doing a bang-up job under the circumstances. Should they be expected to grind to a halt and make the world wait on Mickey to squeeze out a little of his personal time? No way, not by a long shot. I'd venture to wager that if that were the case, the title of this thread would be "Get the f**king lead out, Mickey" instead. And if there needs to be a little fudge here or there, so what? Good RPers will roll with the punches and make a story work.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Can we get a timeframe when an event may happen so that people that would like to get involved can? Also can it be at a reasonable time too? I'm sure this may be asking a lot but I'm sorta losing interest a bit on this event. I'll think that something might happen and be at the computer all day/night waiting but get peeved cause nothing happened. Then i'll go do something away from my computer and come back to find out that I missed out. It gets frustrating. There was one time I stayed up late waiting and when I was about to crash, the event had started up again. I was too freaking tired to participate and I had to get up early for work the next morning so it wasnt worth it to me. I know the GMs do a great job working on this event and there is alot behind the scenes that we dont know about and i'm greatful that you all do this for our happiness and I appreciate it. I just wish I that those that want to be involved would know ahead of time so that they can clear their schedule ahead of time and be available for it.

And thanks again for the hard work to those GMs involved.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Can we get a timeframe when an event may happen so that people that would like to get involved can? Also can it be at a reasonable time too? I'm sure this may be asking a lot but I'm sorta losing interest a bit on this event.

Tao, just so you know I've been telepathically contacting almost everyone anytime anything big has been going on. The downside is that you can't have me squelched in this case.

From what I've seen, timeframe-wise, most of the stuff happens from 6pm EST on, normally at 10pm EST on. This weekend had things happening almost all day for two days straight.

That said, a more specific timeframe would be sweet, anyway.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Yaru pretty much nailed it, generally myself and the others working on it are around in the evenings, so say 9pm EST up to as late as 3am EST on the weekdays, and pretty much all day on the weekends we could be running something. That's not to say that things will strictly fall into those times, but that's more than likely when things will happen.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Morrigan. Atleast its something I can try to work with. You rock! Smile
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » can't have it both ways.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: