Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Raid Missions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Raid Missions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Is there anyway of increasing the odds of getting a raid mission? The last 15 or 20 missions I have gotten have been all but a raid....would like more raids then gaurd duties DNA runs or latrine cleaning.

Perhaps, once I'm sure they are running smoothly, but I was trying to make it more of a realistic way for missions to fall. Raids on Llanfair wouldn't be occurring as often as requests for being a test subject by a Trooper lab or having to do some menial chore. I understand those are more boring tasks, but that's part of life as a Trooper, duty isn't always going to be fun.

Quote:
Maybe you could make it so that after x amount of menial chores done, a trooper can request a raid. That way the guard duty and latrine cleaning doesn't get neglected, but if a trooper gets the menials out of the way they can sponser a raid for people to work together on.. when they have people interested.

If I did do something like that, it would also have to take into consideration rank and record. Although, the idea behind the raids is more of an "urgent combat situation" than lets all get together and go beat up the borkin. Laughing We'll see if I can do something before Live like that.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Perhaps, once I'm sure they are running smoothly, but I was trying to make it more of a realistic way for missions to fall. Raids on Llanfair wouldn't be occurring as often as requests for being a test subject by a Trooper lab or having to do some menial chore. I understand those are more boring tasks, but that's part of life as a Trooper, duty isn't always going to be fun.

RP wise, it makes sense. But for the missions that are just "stand around X amount of time," if the player has noone to RP with, it's generally then just "let HR run in the background while eating a pop tart"
Moka

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Raid

Wow I just tried a raid solo....I couldn't even touch the soldiers let alone the officer.
Moka

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Abort

Anyway we can get an abort mission command or something instead of sitting around in the ship waiting for the mission to fail before being able to return?
Moka

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: missions completed

Thats rather unfair to start counting missions and all that now.......I failed several just to get raids when they first came out just to try them and to help with bugs. If your going to start mission rankings now after missions have been out what...over a year now....should wipe everyones record and let us start new with the new terms.
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Thats rather unfair to start counting missions and all that now.......I failed several just to get raids when they first came out just to try them and to help with bugs. If your going to start mission rankings now after missions have been out what...over a year now....should wipe everyones record and let us start new with the new terms.

What? Did you think the MISSION verb was just there to look pretty? That the failed missions tally was there for aesthetic reasons?

I want to help with bugs, too. Gimme reallocations! Gimme!

The only things that surprised me about this is:

1)it wasn't in from the start
2)it didn't get put in sooner
3)A Trooper would think it was okay to ditch missions.

You say you'll do those missions when you get them...so do them. You made a choice between doing 'boring' missions and not doing 'boring' missions. Now live with it.

/rant off
-Chris
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

id love to see the occasional raid coming to llanfair say trooper gets a raid chooses to either run or somehow fails the raid mission .

the enemy decide said trooper isnt going to escape and chases their ship back to town Twisted Evil
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

why would you automatically fail missions? that makes no sense.

as a side note, even if the missions WERE cleared, you'd still have to do the dopey boring stuff like pick your nose outside a door for a good bit before getting the nice stuff. so even if you can't get the nice stuff because of how many you purposefully lost, you'd still have to do the bad stuff to get to the good, anyway.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject:

feedback on raids!

1) i broke something! when trying to search Rebel Leader Hihveiva Laei, i got an error message.
2) rebels are described as "Battled-hardened and ready for any contingency, the rebel is armored in a mix of outdated and modern equipment." do they all have to have pulse weapons?
3) it would be nice if this was tilted more in the level range of the one going on the mission. i took backup just to make sure he didn't die, and it only resulted in said backup doing all of the work while my trooper just ran around getting shot at
4) seriously, it's one of the more fun missions. really really fun. i hope it's expanded on. ambient messaging, rebels reacting to their leader dying, rebels making an effort to guard their leaders, etc.
5) make GPS units work there?
6) hazards that need to be cleared. barriers, fires, etc.
7) non combatants! gain higher rewards for making sure people survive, and get reprimanded for excessive civilian losses.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
feedback on raids!

1) i broke something! when trying to search Rebel Leader Hihveiva Laei, i got an error message

Big thanks to Trevor for fixing this Smile

Code:

>search bandit
You search a bandit and find a series TG23 field rifle!
A bandit corpse decays away.
>look rifle
Some wise-ass has removed the internal mechanisms of this otherwise exquisite assault weapon.

some of the best (and funniest) unique loot I've ever found in enemies on the raid missions, as well. everyone should have a BFF trooper friend to go on raids with.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Raid Missions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: