FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Sorting Inventory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Sorting Inventory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

i like the idea of hiding inventory items just because sometimes i want more stress on a few specific objects versus them being lost in the ether that is my description.

like i may want to show off my sun pendant, armor, schoolbag, and belt, but i may not want to show off the string i wear rings on, or the bag i keep bullets in, and so on.
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Now it's my turn to get booed.

I don't like the idea of a forced method of dressing. I apparently am a Mickey because I do have a script that will arrange me the way I want. I also may want to stress something that may fall in the end of a forced ordering. At least the way it is, I can get it where I want eventually.

As far as hiding things, I think that's kind of unrealistic (not that realism is the end-all, be-all), but if you don't want it seen, take it off. I wear alot of stuff that I wear for the magic value, not the looks and I wish they weren't part of my description, so I do understand. I keep thinking that one day I'll actually write that script that puts on all my pendants and stuff right before I hunt, but one of the items is the frayed cord, and that holds my pack which I use all the time, and I'm just too lazy.

I really need some better containers... anyone? anyone?

- Xil
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Niaobi Aneba
Shadow Sorceress

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

It's not a 'forced method' of dressing... it'll probably just be another command available to us who may wany our clothing sorted in a set manner... Not everyone has the time, skills and patience that you may have to write out a script like you do for your clothing arrangements... no one ever said that you would be forced to use that option if it is released.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Xil:

It's not a forced method. I think the request is for a manual sort command like INVENTORY SORT or something.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

My fantasy inventory sorting command...

Code:

>SORT INVENTORY HELP

The SORT INVENTORY command is available in case you would like a specific ordering of your character's inventory.  There are various options for you to play with to get the specific order to suit your needs.  To setup your desired arrangement, use the following command:

SORT INVENTORY SET {item type1} {item type2} {item type3} {item type4}

Whereas "item type" is a type of item, of course.  The types of items for you to choose are as follows:

ARMOR, CONTAINERS, CLOTHING, FLUFF

Each category of item is clearly self-explanitory.  Warning, though:  the CLOTHING category may or may not order your clothing the way you want it to.  This is just a risk you are going to have to take.

When you are ready to shift your clothes around, simply use the SORT INVENTORY command.  And voila!

Confused

Lame explanations, but mneh.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
As far as hiding things, I think that's kind of unrealistic (not that realism is the end-all, be-all), but if you don't want it seen, take it off.- Xil

explain to me how, technically, everything BUT underwear is perfectly visible? i wear rings outside my gloves, i never tuck in my necklace, etc?
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
indigone wrote:
As far as hiding things, I think that's kind of unrealistic (not that realism is the end-all, be-all), but if you don't want it seen, take it off.- Xil

explain to me how, technically, everything BUT underwear is perfectly visible? i wear rings outside my gloves, i never tuck in my necklace, etc?

That's really a different sort of hiding than what I thought was being requested. Those sorts of things I would agree with, and if blouses hide bras, I'd think some would be a reasonable request. However if you get into wearing long sleeves to hide armbands, etc., and even tucking in necklaces, then it might get tricky.

But I thought people wanted to just have an option to hide anything, which I don't think is realistic.

- Xil
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Xil:

It's not a forced method. I think the request is for a manual sort command like INVENTORY SORT or something.

Ahh... in the words of Emily Latella, nevermind!

- Xil

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Niaobi Aneba
Shadow Sorceress

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Code:
>worn
>
You do a quick check of your clothing...

Item                                    Location
----                                    --------
an onyx circlet                         head
an elan rose                            hair
a starlight blue rose                   behind ear
a gothic pendant                        neck
a backpack                              back
a backpack                              back
a silver blue bodybag                   shoulders
a bikini top                            chest
a weapons belt                          waist
a blue sack                             belt
a beach bag                             belt
a master kit                            belt
a drying pouch                          belt
an advanced comm armband                arms
a beaded armband                        arms
a crystal bracelet                      wrist
a wrist-worn launcher                   wrist
a halxna ring                           fingers
a wedding ring                          fingers
a silver ring                           thumbs
some bikini shorts                      legs
some platform sandals                   feet

>>>Exception<<<
a pair of silver earrings               ear piercing
a tongue stud                           tongue
a navel ring                            navel
a thigh bag                             thigh
an nipple ring                          nipple

My idea of sorting tends to be different.... with the WORN command you see that the items are in a logical order, head-to-toe as shown above not counting the area I marked as an exception cause those are either in the characteristic decription with eye color piercings or what not and/or hidden... my idea was more like a command that will sort the clothing on the character description in the same order as shown in the WORN command.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I forget how I coded WORN, come to think of it.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
But I thought people wanted to just have an option to hide anything, which I don't think is realistic.

i don't think it's realistic that someone can look at yaru and see every minute detail on him, though.

honestly, if there was a LOOK that showed what i want seen, and a LOOK DETAILED that showed everything, i'd be thrilled.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
...I don't think any player buying a service from a merchant precludes us from releasing that service to the public later on.

Yeah I know, I just like complaining.

Quote:
If it's been so long that the merchant who did it can't be remembered...

Heh, the only merchants I remember are the ones that come back and forth a lot like Kyra or the Knickknackers...that's about it. I don't even remember the plastic surgeon's name. (Sorry Faith!)

Quote:
stuff

I like the restictions put on the alteration which was: it has to be a small object. I really don't see how hiding your backpack would be possible unless you hide it under your coat and are given a hunchback. Though I really have no idea how in the world ya'll would code that. (The size limit, not the hunchback.)
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: item hiding

Haidee:

if this ..

Code:
>rem lance
>
You pull your pulse lance into view with a final flicker of distortion as it materializes.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
You slide off a sleek eilaro pulse lance with a carved onyx handle from over your shoulder.

and this ..

Code:
>wear lance
hide lance
>You sling a sleek eilaro pulse lance with a carved onyx handle over your shoulder.
>
You press a carefully concealed button on your pulse lance and it appears to writhe and shimmer for a few seconds before vanishing.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

.. is the sort of stuff youre referring to, i believe phoenix algernon had offered it aboard the diana, some months ago. it was a form of high-tech item cloaking. is that what you meant?
You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Nope, it was before Phoenix came along. It's been more than a year. I believe you actually use the verb HIDE.

Quote:
>hide comm
You tuck your advanced communicator out of sight.

Quote:
>rem comm
>
You pull your advanced communicator into sight.
You detach an advanced communicator from your wrist.

I forget the verb for showing it without taking it off.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Oh I bet it's REVEAL.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Sorting Inventory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: