Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Medic News
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medic News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Medic News

Edited to combine all postings from 2004.

Quote:
[08.25.04] Analyze has been updated. While most changes are invisible to you, some typos were rewritten and Medics can now use their bioscanners while invisible.

Quote:
[08.26.04] The imaging center has been updated so that patients will actually enter another area. Other minor typos were firmly squashed.

Quote:
[08.29.04] You now have a way to extinguish yourself when you are on fire (not every fire attack will set you on fire) by using the verb ROLL. You will still need to see your local Medic or NPC Healer in order to have the wounds healed.

To see if you are on fire, type HEALTH or LOOK <name>.

Quote:
[09.15.04] Medics can now use their regenerators on themselves while hidden/invisible without being seen. They can also use their regenerators on others while invisible without being 'seen'. Other typos and various bugs were firmly squashed.

There is now also a minimum 2 second RT for failure with a regenerator (emitters failure RT -will be- downed from 10 seconds to 2 to match when they are updated).

The temporary mutations sometimes caused by young Medics have been improved upon. This means more variations, it also means they will now last 3 minutes instead of 1, and finally, it means they are now visible via LOOK and DIAGNOSE. Enjoy.

Quote:
[09.16.04] Emitters have been updated. Typos and a few small bugs were squashed. In addition, failure RTs have been significantly reduced to 2 seconds. Medics can now use their emitters on themselves while hidden/invisible without being seen. They can also use their emitters on others while invisible without being 'seen'.

Quote:
[09.17.04] Healing people with emitters and regenerators now affects alignment of both the Medic and the patient. More to come.

Quote:
[09.17.04] Reviving people with cardiostimulators now affects alignment of both the Medic and the patient. This affects more than healing. It is advisable to patients to seek out medical help from Medics with like alignment. More to come.

Quote:
[09.19.04] Medics of at least 7th level now have a device to heal nervous system damage. As with all devices, this one works better and lasts longer the more skilled you are. Supplies can be found at your local medical supply store. As with all prior healing changes, use of this device can have an impact on the alignment of both the Medic and the patient. Nerve damaging items to be released shortly.

Quote:
[09.19.04] A properly trained Medic analyzing you with a bioscanner can find ALL nerve damage. You will be able to see the more damaging symptoms via HEALTH and LOOK <self>. I will be adding 'effects' shortly for some of the more extreme cases. Enjoy!

Quote:
[09.23.04] Medics can now revive patients while invisible without being seen. Some other minor bugs were squashed.

Quote:
[09.23.04] Medics will now be required to consult with properly trained Technicians on the repair of certain pieces of equipment. At present, this includes Bioscanners, Regenerators, Emitters and Cardiostimulators. Gone are the days of equipment lasting forever without needing repair. On the upside, the equipment can no longer be permanently destroyed by a low level Medic.

Quote:
[09.26.04] Medics can now see the damage of their equipment by using appraise. Also, the difficulty of repair for Technicians has been lessened some, so it will be easier for Medics to find a Technician to repair their equipment. It is still more difficult to repair the more damaged it is, so don't wait until it is almost destroyed to get it fixed.

Quote:
[11.03.04] Medics who use the Wizard will now have the option to have their familiar window open and see wounds via the DIAGNOSE command.

Quote:
[11.04.04] Medics can now perform TRIAGE while invisible/hidden without being seen. There is also a possibility now of learning First Aid OR Medicine while using this command (Medics Only, as before).

Quote:
[11.05.04] Damage to bioscanners has been reduced slightly. Medics now have the possibility of learning small amounts of Medicine and Electronics from use of bioscanners.

Quote:
[12.05.04] In the first of a series of efforts to prepare for NPC healing, bioscanners have been updated again. While the largest change is not visible to anyone yet, there were some additional changes made which WILL affect both Medics and Technicians.

1. Bioscanners were fitted with the ability to analyze certain (patients) for NPC healing.

2. Bioscanners now require batteries to be functional. I have already outfitted each of your bioscanners with a basic battery (like the one which comes with the low-tech comm), but you may upgrade those if you wish with batteries purchased from the Comm shop.

3. Bioscanners require being TURNed on to function. Only Medics and Technicians can turn them on/off. They utilize battery power while turned on (solar upgrades will be released in the next few days). They must be turned OFF for repair.

4. Bioscanners must be CLOSED to function, and OPEN to be repaired.

5. Appraising Bioscanners now provides a more accurate assessment of damage and worth (actually this change affects all medical devices).

6. LOOKing at your bioscanner will give you an idea of how much battery power is left.

7. Roundtimes for USE of bioscanners is now modified to lessen as the Medic becomes more skilled.

8. Roundtimes for REPAIR of bioscanners is now modified to lessen as the Technician becomes more skilled.

9. Repair to bioscanners now accurately reflects how well the item is being repaired, and increased skill = more repair with each command.

10. Expect integrity upgrade chips to be released with solar upgrades.

Quote:
[12.16.04] First aid is now trainable in medical supply shops, and Medicine and Surgery are now trainable in healeries/emergency rooms.

Edited with notes (this was not in the news): Surgery will not be deleted, it will become Internal Surgery (name changed mainly to differentiate it with other types of surgery such as cybernetic and cosmetic) and will be required for healing of internal body damage. This skill will be required in the very near future.

Quote:
[12.21.04] Chodaku has opened its own medical supply shop. Just enter through the pink glass door for all your medical needs.

Quote:
[12.25.04] Aeki has her own office now. Just step down the hallway from the Majesty Hospital Lobby. On her desk you will also find a professional roster listing those Medics who have JOINed it.

Edited with notes (this was not in the news): I want to add a little more on the rosters. They do not automatically update (it is up to the Medic to go JOIN the list, and to TAP the lists to update them with new information). They DO NOT have anything to do with topwealth/topscore, so you can join them without setting your ranking or even turning your profession on.

Only Medics may join that roster. If any other gurus wish to add a roster to their professional leader's office, that is up to them. I've coded these to make it very easy to add for any profession, all they have to do is just let me know they want one.

A Medic who joins the roster but later reallocates/rerolls will NOT have his/her information erased automatically. They can either leave their information on there (for historical value? <grin> ), or if they choose to, they can LEAVE/ERASE to remove it. Trying to TAP the list to update will cause Aeki to remove their entry.

Quote:
[12.28.04] As a predecessor to releasing the rest of the updates necessary for NPC healing, I'm going to give you all a little more information on what is coming. I'm expecting to hear some moans and groans concerning the level requirement changes, but I believe this is more inline with where requirements need to be and fits well with the upcoming additions for Medics.

Please see my post on the boards at:

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=29430#29430

to read and discuss further.

Quote:
[12.29.04] Neurolizers have been updated with the following changes:

1. Loading and injecting (with restrictions) now teach small amounts of medicine.

2. It is no longer necessary to type LOAD NEUROLIZER WITH NEUROGEL. Simply type LOAD NEUROLIZER with the neurogel in your other hand and it will work accordingly.

3. Trying to inject someone who already is under the effects of neurogel will not use any neurogel, nor will it teach you.

4. Trying to inject someone who does not need neurogel WILL waste neurogel and not teach you.

5. Level requirements for neurolizers are now 10th, and research requirements have been adjusted accordingly.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --

Last edited by HR-Faith on Wed May 31, 2006 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Edited to combine all postings from 2005:

Quote:
[01.03.05] Dermaplaz has been updated with the following visible updates:

1. You can now apply it to a bandage you are holding while hidden/invisible without others seeing you.

2. You now only need to type APPLY DERMAPLAZ while holding it and a bandage. You don't need to specify what to apply it to. The system will make sure a bandage is in your other hand.

3. RT is now reducible via stat, skill and profession. It ranges from 20 seconds to 1, so some of you may experience an increase and others a decrease. Medics get a significant reduction to this RT, and Troopers will experience a small reduction.

4. You can now see the saleprice on display models in stores.

EDIT:

[01.05.05] Due to an oversight on my part, it should have been Trackers, not Troopers, who received the small reduction to RT for applying dermaplaz to a bandage. In addition, I forgot to include Technicians. This is now fixed.

Edited with notes (this is not in the news): The reason that Troopers were given the initial reduction instead of Trackers was because I typed HELP PROFESSION 12 and thought I was typing HELP PROFESSION 13...which means I thought I was looking at Troopers. I also thought Troopers were the other profession with a bonus to first aid (not sure why, but I did).

The RT reduction is a First Aid bonus. Only Technicians and Trackers (in addition to Medics) have First Aid as one of their triple-trainable skills. The bonus is based on First Aid skill. Therefore IF the Tech or Tracker has not trained First Aid, they will see no reduction to RT.

http://www.haelrahv.com/library/professions/

I do want to clarify something however. When the new exp system is rolled in, it will be Troopers and not Technicians who get a first aid bonus. Dermagel, dermaplaz and bandages will have minor updates applied to them at that time.

Quote:
[01.11.05] Bandages have been updated with the following changes:

1. Players can now tend themselves from hiding/invisibility without being seen.

2. Players can now tend others from invisibility without being seen.

3. There is now an approval system in place. By default, all players were set to Allow. You can modify this by typing SET. Dermagel will be added to this approval system as well when it is ready for the next release.

4. As with dermaplaz, Trackers and Technicians will get a small skill bonus if they have trained First Aid. This skill bonus affects duration of tend and RT.

5. It is now possible to learn small amounts of first aid from tending wounds.

6. Tending wounds now affects alignment.

Quote:
[01.12.05] The approval system for bandages (and soon dermagel) is now bypassed for spouses. In other words, you can select "Deny" and your spouse will still be able to tend your wounds.

Quote:
[01.12.05] Bandages which 'fall off' of tended wounds will no longer give away those who are hidden/invisible.

Quote:
[01.12.05] Another reason to visit the Vale. Purchase pre-prepared bandages for a discount price. Medical supplies are sold in the aeoro building found in the Grove section of the Vale.

Quote:
[02.05.05] More bandage updates - bandages are now visible by LOOKing at the person. Also, a small bug was showing people still bleeding when you looked at them, even if they were tended. This has been fixed.

Quote:
[02.07.05] Nerve damage has been updated. Once you reach the point of visible (via LOOK) damage, it will become annoying. If you do not get healed and continue to incur damage, it can become incapacitating.

Quote:
[02.07.05] Small neurolizer update: You can now LOOK at your neurolizer and see if the needle is retracted or extended.

Quote:
[02.07.05] If you receive nerve damage beyond a certain amount and do not seek medical assistance, your nerves will continue to degrade and you will die.

Edited with notes (this is not in the news): The different health levels (what you will see when you type HEALTH) are:

a slight headache (there are a couple of levels below this, but they are only visible via a Medic's bioscanner)
a migraine headache
a few nervous tics
slight twitching
severe twitching
constant tremors
uncontrollable tremors
complete loss of muscle control

If you reach the severe twitching (or worse) phase, I suggest you seek medical attention immediately, as things will get really ugly pretty quickly.

Currently, some spells/invocations can give you various amounts of damage to your nervous system if you either lack the focus to cast/invoke, or if you are not skilled enough to handle them.

There will be other ways to receive nerve damage in the future.

From Trevor regarding nerve damage from magic and psionics: The prime component that determines damage from lack of focus is how short you were versus how much the spell/psi cost. If you are grossly short on the needed focus you'll incur much more damage.

Vitality does play a very, very small role, however. Small enough, that I would not recommend training vitality for purposes of reducing this damage.

Quote:
[02.13.05] Neurogel will now decrease in value as it is used. Also, a small bug was allowing those with lesser skill to get more usage than the quantity should have allowed for. This has been fixed.

Quote:
[02.13.05] Dermaplaz will now decrease in value as it is used.

Quote:
[02.18.05] Due to a typo, I unfortunately have all cardiostimulators that were previously in your possession. Please send an email to hr-faith@haelrahv.com, include what it looked like (or as close as you can get) and I will restore the cardiostimulator to you. You do not have to be online for this to happen. I apologize for the inconvenience. I've restored all integrity to all cardiostimulators so when they are returned, they will be in perfect condition.

Edit (not in the news): I've made an attempt to guess what to return with some of the higher level Medics based on what was in your inventory. If I was incorrect, please again, send an e-mail.

Quote:
[02.20.05] Massages have been modified somewhat in the following ways:

1. It is no longer possible to massage a corpse and receive any benefit.

2. Existing massages on people now wear off upon death.

3. If you (Medic) massage someone while an existing massage is on them, you will see how much time is left before their massage wears off.

4. It is now possible to learn small bits of medicine or first aid by giving massages (Medics Only!).

5. Massaging people now slightly affects alignment (again, Medics Only!).

6. You must now have at least one empty hand in order to give a massage.

7. The calculations which determine length of massage have been enhanced, meaning it is now possible for Medics with the proper training to achieve even longer massages than before.

Quote:
[08.20.05] Antidote injectors will now show what is inside as well as how much and whether the needle is retracted.

Quote:
[08.20.05] Injectors have been updated with the following:

1. Non-Medics can no longer load antidotes or equilibrium enhancers.

2. Non-Medics can ONLY inject equilibrium enhancers, and ONLY into themselves.

3. Medics will now be granted a small amount of experience (with restrictions) for loading injectors.

4. Injectors must be retracted to load or you will waste antidote/enhancer.

5. Medics will now learn small bits of medicine (with restrictions) from loading injectors and a slightly larger amount from injecting others.

6. It is no longer necessary to type LOAD INJECTOR WITH ANTIDOTE. Simply type LOAD INJECTOR with the antidote in your other hand and it will work accordingly.

7. Trying to inject someone who already is under the effects of that antidote will not use any antidote, nor will it teach you.

8. Trying to inject someone who does not need that antidote WILL waste antidote and not teach you.

9. Injecting yourself, provided you are skilled enough to not hurt yourself, will no longer bring you out of hiding.

Antidotes and Equilibrium enhancers have been updated with the following:

1. All store-bought antidotes now have 10 uses. All antidote purchased from Aelae now have 20 uses.

2. Equilibrium enhancers are still 1 dose quantity.

3. Antidotes and enhancers will now provide appropriate messaging while you are under the effects of said item.

4. Value of antidotes will decrease as supply lowers due to use.

Quote:
[08.23.05] A new device has been released for Medics. This device is called a cryosyringe. It requires filling with cryofluid and can be used to extend the 'life' of a corpse for an additional 45 minutes. Works like neurolizers and antidote injectors by LOAD, TURN, and INJECT. Level requirement is 20th, has additional skill requirements. Teaches small bits of medicine. If you have questions, please ask them on the forums at:

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3337&highlight=

Quote:
[08.24.05] Cardiostimulators have been updated again. While the largest change is not visible to anyone yet, there were some additional changed made which will affect both Medics and Technicians.

1. Cardios were fitted with the ability to revive certain patients for NPC healing.

2. Cardios now require batteries to be functional. I have already outfitted each of your cardios with a basic battery (like the one which comes with the low-tech comm), but you may upgrade those if you wish with a battery purchased from The Comm Shop.

3. Cardios require being TURNed on to function. Only Medics and Technicians can turn them on/off. They utilize battery power while turned on (solar upgrades will be available in the future). They must be turned OFF for repair.

4. Cardios must be CLOSEd to function, and OPEN to be repaired.

5. LOOKing at your cardio will give you an idea of how much battery power is left.

6. Roundtimes for REPAIR of cardios is now modified to lessen as the Technician becomes more skilled.

7. Repair to cardios now accurately reflects how well the item is being repaired, and increased skill = more repair with each command.

8. Integrity upgrade chips should be released with solar upgrades.

9. Revive requirements are now 35th level, with appropriate skill requirements. This is a small change from the originally intended level 30, in order to make room for other skills.

As always, any and all questions regarding changes should be directed at the 'RE: Medic News' thread in the Medics section of the forums.

Quote:
[08.24.05] Additional change to cardiostimulators:
It is no longer necessary for Technicians to type REPAIR CARDIO WITH KIT. Simply type REPAIR CARDIO while holding the electronics repair toolkit in your other hand.

Additional changes to bioscanners:
It is no longer necessary for Technicians to type REPAIR BIO WITH KIT. Simply type REPAIR BIO while holding the electronics repair toolkit in your other hand.

If patient is dead, analyzing them will now show how long they have left until the corpse decays.

Quote:
[08.26.05] Some minor updates were made to the following Medic commands: Triage, Diagnose, Massage. Please submit a BUG if anything strange occurs.

Quote:
[08.26.05] Some minor (and invisible) updates were made to neurolizers and neurogel. Please submit a BUG if anything strange occurs.

Quote:
[10.14.05] The following updates have been made to Medic equipment (these changes will mostly affect Technicians):

1. Bioscanners, regenerators, emitters and cardiostimulators no longer require the technican to hold their toolkit nor specify toolkit to repair. Simply have a toolkit either in your hand OR worn (not in a container) and type REPAIR <device>.

2. Equipment has been made slightly (and I do mean SLIGHTLY - most of you shouldn't notice a thing) more difficult to repair.

3. Repairing emitters and regenerators now teaches small bits of repair nskill, and have received all the other updates to repair cardiostimulators and bioscanners received.

4. Research skill is now required to repair all medical devices (previously it was only bioscanners).

5. Repair of cardiostimulators now teaches slightly more (this affects both nskill and general experience).

6. Repair of emitters has been increased to level 7 equivalents to reflect the upcoming change for Medic usage.

7. Repair requirements of bioscanners has been decreased slightly as they were too elevated due to a prior typo.

As always, if you notice problems, please either BUG or post on the forums. Thank you.

Quote:
[10.19.05] The following changes have been made to massage:

1. The skills and stats necessary to have the 'best possible' massage have been adjusted to be more appropriate.

2. The act itself now teaches more first aid or medicine.

The above changes only apply to Medics.

3. Wording was changed slightly to avoid bugs due to cosmetic alterations of the player.

Quote:
[10.19.05] It is no longer possible for Medics to revive people in water. In addition, it will do significant (and painful) damage to the Medic and everyone else in the immediate vicinity.

Quote:
[10.19.05] Loaded neurolizers will now properly deplete based on the patient's injuries and the quantity of neurogel in the Medic's neurolizer.

Quote:
[10.19.05] Bioscanners will now cause minor damage to the Medic and have significantly reduced efficiency when used underwater.

Quote:
[10.20.05] Cardiostimulators can now be used as weapons on the living. They utilize and teach exotic weapons, and follow the same 'rules' as all other combat.

However, not only do they require charged batteries and being activated to function, using them in this way will degrade integrity just like using them to revive dead.

They will NOT appraise as a weapon. This is intentional as their INTENDED use is not as one. Please do not bug this.

As with all other Medic equipment, you must be a Medic to use them this way.

Please post any questions or discussions on the forums here:

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3337&start=15

Quote:
[11.12.05] Nskill experience gains have been increased for both usage and repair of the following Medic tools: bioscanners and cardiostimulators.

This change affects both Medics AND Technicians. In addition:

Medics will find that while bioscanners now have a third possibility (first aid) in addition to electronics and medicine, cardiostimulators will teach either medicine or electronics.

Technicians can now learn electronics or repair from repairing those two devices.

These same updates will be applied to regenerators and emitters as the rest of the updates are applied to them.

Please note that you will learn only ONE skill from each action, not all skills.

Quote:
[10.11.05] Massage was downtweaked a slight bit. Most of you will not notice more than a few minutes less.

Quote:
[11.28.05] Triage was overhauled. It should not show minor nerve damaged people anymore, and it should be far more accurate in assessing which patients have more severe damage.

Quote:
[12.31.05] Bioscanners and cardiostimulators with low or dead batteries will no longer double message the holder regarding their battery status.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --

Last edited by HR-Faith on Wed May 31, 2006 4:54 am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject:

Since I forgot to post this yesterday...

[05.30.06] Cardiostimulators now weigh a more reasonable weight.

[05.30.06] Until justice is re-enabled, it is no longer possible to pvp with cardios.

Back to top »
HR-Faith

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

[08.07.06] Medics now have a place to store items being saved specifically for younger members of their profession. Take a look in Aeki's office to find the new place.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Medic News
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: