FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Artisan Poll
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Artisan Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which system do you most look forward to?
Pottery
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Painting
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crafting
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Jewelry Making
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Tailoring
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Artisan Poll

Specifically for Artisans, but it applies to everyone...
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject:

It was a pretty hard choice, but it seems that two others agree with me that Tailoring will be the uber-system for Artisans. The reason I look forward to it is because it'll assumingly allow us to "alter" ours and anyone else's clothing, even though there will obviously be limits to the player alterations (as opposed to GM alterations).

The Crafting system comes in a quick second for me, though, if only because I'm interested in seeing what all we'll be able to make. Third would definantly have to be Jewelry Making, reasoning being the same as for Crafting. One quick question: which skill will work Jewelry Making, anyway? Craftsmanship?

Painting/Drawing will be interesting, simply because it'll probably be one of the more "free" systems.. meaning there will be few limitations. I think I read somewhere that it'll be up to the player just what all is on the paper/canvas, which I'm assuming means it'll be like.. well.. the Spellbooks in DR -- if you bought that special notepad, anyway. Write whatever the hell you want, just so long as it's less than a certain amount of characters. ::Shrug:: Could be wrong, though.

And, finally, pottery just doesn't tickle my fancy for some reason. It'd be nice when Gardens come out.. along with -- heh -- front lawns for our houses. We could then hire an Artisan to sculpt and paint a few lawn gnomes.. then set them quietly in our garden/lawn. Heh.. what a crackheaded idea, but you get the general feel of what I'm trying to say, at least.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
The Crafting system comes in a quick second for me, though, if only because I'm interested in seeing what all we'll be able to make. Third would definantly have to be Jewelry Making, reasoning being the same as for Crafting. One quick question: which skill will work Jewelry Making, anyway? Craftsmanship?

Hunter and Morrigan will be working on crafting and jewelry, so they will be able to elaborate. However, I am sure the craftmanship skill will play a big part in both. Shocked

Brokyn wrote:
Painting/Drawing will be interesting, simply because it'll probably be one of the more "free" systems.. meaning there will be few limitations.

Yes, it will be a very free system. After the painting is complete, you'll be able to buy (or make) a frame, and then put your painting inside it, enabling it to be hung. Obviously, you could also just sit it on a surface.

Quote:
And, finally, pottery just doesn't tickle my fancy for some reason. It'd be nice when Gardens come out.. along with -- heh -- front lawns for our houses.

Pottery will be very useful when it comes to making pestles, mortars, and other household items (plates, bowls, vases). You can also buy a plant from a store, and plant it in a flower pot that you've made. Pottery will also be very open-ended it when it comes to decorating. You can detail your pottery with paint, and then glaze (or just do one or the other). You will also be able to etch your initals, or any other message.

And finally, for all of the above, there will be art galleries that can rent space from (or be accepted to) so that you have a place to display your work. Other players will be able to look at it and buy things that they like.

Lederhosen fan,

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And finally, for all of the above, there will be art galleries that can rent space from (or be accepted to) so that you have a place to display your work. Other players will be able to look at it and buy things that they like.

::Belated gasp::

Can we have "official" fashion shows, too? Shocked That is, if the player alteration and fashion-creation systems ever get fairly unrestricted as with the drawing/painting systems.

--William, asking for Beau.. heh

PS: Artisans remind me too much of Toreadors (..going back to the V:tM posts in my Vampire thread.. whee..)

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject:

OOh, I'd simply love to host a fashion show sometime....consider it a possibility once we open. And even if it takes awhile for players to be able to fashion very creative threads....because it WILL take awhile for players to accumulate skill enough to do so even once systems are ready. It's also possible that we can have a fashion show where players submit their own designs, or throw something together using available items in the game. We'll see what comes of this, but I'm very interested in doing an event like this some time.

~ Beau ~
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Artisan Poll
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: