FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
LACAD/Ael'Sor Events & RP Opportunities
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » LACAD/Ael'Sor Events & RP Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: LACAD/Ael'Sor Events & RP Opportunities

It bothers me that people can be so petty, so childish, that I actually have to address this. As some of you know, I've been running an RP event concerning the construction of an airship and a military/civilian base outside the city of Llanfair commissioned by the prince. Let me say this plainly: This is my baby and I've worked VERY hard on it for OVER TWO YEARS.

* I've constructed over 400+ rooms SOLELY for these events, and I have plans to add something like an additional 200+ for a related quest I'm working on.
* I have a number of custom huntable NPCs, of all alignments and differing levels so that this area can be used and re-used by the player base.
* I'm planning a grand opening so that EVERYONE may use them in a few weeks.
* There are about 25 new home choices here.
* There are unique shops, a post office, a bank, along with several new restaurants.

This is not a private play area for myself and the other members of the staff to play in. This is not a gigantic HOME for us to live in and use. I don't appreciate those allegations. I don't appreciate the snide comments made over IMs to other players. The gossip, the palace intrigue that goes on behind the scenes and out of game. I will hire and fire people who work in the LACAD as I see fit to do so. I will continue to hire them based on their ability to roleplay and nothing else. Please don't accuse me of favoritism, unless its to show me favoritism towards people who are good roleplayers.

As of this time, there are no cash benefits to working at the LACAD. In fact, players doing so have to purchase their own uniforms. And these are COSTLY. They have received no compensation either through in-game money, or RP awards. Although, as events begin to unfold I will be handing out RP awards to players who do an outstanding job of RPing. Players who just show up to watch are not doing a good job of roleplaying.

At this point, if you have requested a job at the LACAD (which can be done by putting a resume onto a piece of paper and submitting it into the slot in the lobby at Datastream Technologies or sending an e-mail to gawyn@haelrahv.com) and you have been TURNED DOWN...this doesn't mean not responded to...but TURNED DOWN...its because your RP skills were acknowledged, but they are NEEDED on the outside looking in. This, like a lot of roleplaying I do, is a struggle between light, dark, and the greyness that is between them. Observers are needed from both sides. Does this mean that you've been asked to NOT get involved? No. This means that you've been asked to get involved in a different way that is just as useful and ESSENTIAL to the RP.

To be honest, all of this backstabbing and bickering makes me sick to my stomach. And if the underhanded accusations continue, I'd rather see my hundreds of hours worth of effort go to waste then bestow a gift onto ungrateful people. I'll lock the doors and throw away the keys to the LACAD if its going to be a problem. Then no one will get to RP. But I don't want to do this, so please...turn in your application, wait patiently. Send Gawyn an e-mail if you have some questions. Better than that, get out there and ROLE PLAY. Remember, IC actions have IC consequences.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

The LACAD Civilian Affairs office is now open on the Lower Promenade, section 7. There is an application slot in the recruiting office there for anyone interested in submitting an application.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » LACAD/Ael'Sor Events & RP Opportunities
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: