FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
general reminder
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » general reminder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: general reminder

just because you gain access to something through a mini-quest or whatever doesn't mean it's perfectly within reason to make it known.

also, please stop mentioning first amendment rights or freedom of speach or whatever. that doesn't exist in HR. if you can access a comm channel (illegally), don't act like you have a natural right to use it.

please?

this is an awesome event so far and i'm glad to see so many people working together. but it drives me bonkers when people think they have [american] natural rights in HR.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject:

also, just in terms of rp and fairness and people wanting to actually explore areas, i have 0 intention of actively looking for people to cause trouble with. if people explore the temple area, go ahead just PLEASE don't mention it publicly. also, i'd never give anyone trouble for being on the top levels (4-7 or whatever) of LACAD. they're public areas and, ICly, yaru has no clue who is and isn't allowed in. but if you mention things and start acting up and (for god knows why) start attacking the guards, all doubt is removed.

so i just want that to be obvious. as long as you don't pubicly say you're being sneaky or make it known any other way, and as long as you don't go attacking people in the area (which LACAD people are alerted of), yaru has 0 reason to ever give you shit. Wink

don't expect yaru to have violent outbursts either unless really taunted into doing something. he'd rather just stress out that you can get in trouble being here illegally, but if you treat him like a kid (i know, it sounds silly considering) he'll end up snapping because he does want to be taken seriously (see? now it makes sense!).
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I'll second this with a note of reminder that IC actions should _always_ breed IC consequences. The LACAD events are simply one more example of this.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Koaru
Master Arrow Breaker

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject:

What's my consequence for dancing like an asapi in the forest all alone? <cackles like a madman>

Life isn't like cherries or a box of chocolates, it's more like a bowl of jalapeños. Whatever you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject:

may i say it is as i see it very OOC to bring rl frustration to an ig event out onto the boards . Twisted Evil As for stating american freedom of speech that was an OOC assumption of yours as it was never mentioned in the context of being american in fact it was stated in character at the time as being something the prince had granted his subjects .

as i see things healrahv is for everyone to rp their characters as they wish to as long as the character they play does not cause personal offence or harrasment to another player . i do not see HR as being a place of sole ownership in the way everyone rp's their characters if Rp was meant to mean DO IT THIS WAY because that is how i want it to be then what is the point of rplaying in the first place .

on a final note dregonard will be dregonard, she has always been and will always be a half-wit tracker with an overlarge mouth regardless of what rp events are going on around her and she is and always has been prepared to accept the consequences of this .

if that offends anyone in an OOC way then fine speak directly to ME about it . if it affects another character ig then yes feel free to shoot her Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
if that offends anyone in an OOC way then fine speak directly to ME about it . if it affects another character ig then yes feel free to shoot her Twisted Evil

However much shit shooting Dreggie will get you in with other characters though, we cannot say.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
may i say it is as i see it very OOC to bring rl frustration to an ig event out onto the boards

i agree on the first half but disagree on the second.

it is OOC to bring RL frustration into an IG event.

but, the boards are the place in which to discuss things, because they are OOC. so saying it's OOC to talk on the boards is kinda an obvious thing and the whole purpose of having a RP and socilization folder. to discuss these things.

regardless of that, the reason i brought it up here instead of to one person in particular was because it was not just one person. a few people were complaining to yaru about how they have a 'right' to speak on a specific channel which they ILLEGALLY obtained (on an IC level).

regardless of how dumb one character is roleplayed (totally valid roleplay, btw, i like dreg), the issue i saw is that a few of the people who did the quest seem to think that it's their right to use that comm channel and it is also their right to go into the facility. it isn't. it's illegal. please please please just remember that on an OOC level. personally, i do admit personally that find it a little hard to swallow that Dreg is unable to process that when someone says "i'm a hacker this is illegal don't tell Gawyn that I did this" it should be kept secret, but hey that's your choice and it isn't like i go "oh how can you think that" to characters in movies as well.

my problem was more along the lines of people go "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS YARU" when i warned about ten billion times that i was going to do it if they kept at it. you (dreg) knew this and i know dreg is just a bit harsh to people, so it isn't like i thought you'd be upset or annoyed. but some seemed a bit pissed on an OOC level and gave the above as the reasonings why (acting like getting the channel means getting the right to use the channel without punishment).
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject:

totally understood that yaru i think i kind of read your post as a personal attack on how i play dreg as i didn't see the reaction of the other characters to dregs death.

dreg does have a valid excuse for not knowing its wrong shes dumb plain old stupid lived most of her life in the woods and is still coming round to city life just take a look at the way she keeps her house in order Twisted Evil she had no idea what a hacker is all she knows is she doesnt like gawyn and thats she is being given something for doing an errand, even her dislike of gawyn is a little confusing as she disliked him because it upsets her daughter jade and earthheart so much to hear his name mentioned Twisted Evil

dreg will probly still make the odd transmition on that chanel as shes too dumb to "fix her comm"change chanels as for other characters I have no control over their actions and yes yaru is a child in dregonards eyes hence handing him the marble was dregs way of trying to make yaru see how much hes changed . to love dreg is easy to understand her hey !! even I CANT at times Twisted Evil
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject:

These comment isn't directed at anyone specifically.

- HR does not obligate you to RP. You can actively choose to not RP if you wish. However, HR does obligate you to not disrupt the RP of others. If you do, you are breaking policy.

- Free speech rights don't exist in Haelrahv. They don't even exist on this forum. On the forum people are almost always allowed to speak their minds in whatever form they choose, with the only repercussion being the opinion others will form of you. However, there is no guarantee you can say whatever you want. There is no "right" to speech.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject:

hey trevor, is it possible that you or whoever is in charge of HR politics can just make a sticky post outlining some of the basics of HR government? i know, along with the free speach mistake, a lot of new players tend not to know things like "llanfair has a prince" and other random things. i know i personally have no clue if the prince rules chodaku or not (i think it falls under llanfair jurisdiction, though, which is what confuses) and all those other things.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Sounds right up Morrigan's alley, with a pinch of Beau. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » general reminder
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: