FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Home Design Workshop(Edited Log, LONG)
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Home Design Workshop(Edited Log, LONG)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Home Design Workshop(Edited Log, LONG)

Hopefully I didn't rip out anything too important.

Enjoy!

-Chris

>Beau Etoile says, "First off, I wanted to go over some quick rules..."

>Beau Etoile says, "Silly things."

>Beau Etoile says, "I've got a few things to discuss, then I'll take questions."

>Beau Etoile says, "Comments are great, questions on the topic are great at any time."

>Beau Etoile says, "I won't be touching on any mechanics of housing except for a few VERY brief points."

>Beau Etoile says, "And frankly, I don't know more than just a little bit about how they work. So I'm not the person to ask about any upcoming features, e.t.c."

>Beau Etoile exclaims, "I'm not going to show you anything new and revolutionary, just go over some tips on how to make your house unique, navigable, and above all else...LIVEABLE!"

>Beau Etoile says, "While at the same time...in character."

>Beau Etoile says, "So lets start from the top down."

>Beau Etoile says, "The room's TITLE."

>Beau Etoile says, "Or the name of the room."

>Beau Etoile says, "The only real maojr tip I have on this is...however you do the name of ONE room, do them all in the same format."

>Beau Etoile says, "If ONE room is: Beau's Cottage, Living Room...then start every room with Beau's Cottage."

>Beau Etoile says, "And be sure to CAPITALIZE the right words."

>Beau Etoile says, "Think of your room's title as the title of a book."

>Beau Etoile asks, "Questions? Comments on that?"

>Beau Etoile says, "Its probably best to start the title with the area, or the name of the house...even if its JUST Beau's Cottage."

>Beau Etoile says, "Sure, everyone going in the door may know that, but its still nice to see when you get inside."

>Beau Etoile says, "Let's talk about what makes a description good."

>Beau Etoile asks, "What DOES make a description good, in your opinions?"

>Beau Etoile glances around the area.

>Mellie Knight raises her hand.

>Beau Etoile nods to Mellie Knight.

>Mellie Knight says, "Exits written in the description. Especially if they are hidden. Lots less chance of getting lost."

>Beau Etoile agrees with Mellie Knight.

>Acosae Eshai raises his hand.

>Beau Etoile nods to Acosae Eshai.

>Acosae Eshai says, "Fifty billion adjectives."

>Acosae Eshai nods.

Beau Etoile chuckles.

>Mellie Knight looks at Acosae Eshai and cringes.

>Beau Etoile says, "Well, here are some things to think about."

>Beau Etoile asks, "Detail? Length? Number of sentences? Capitalization?"

>Beau Etoile asks, "Do you use the word YOU in it a lot?"

>Beau Etoile says, "Please don't."

>Beau Etoile says, "Even I catch myself wanting to write in the second person."

>Beau Etoile says, "I think that's second person."

>Beau Etoile says, "DETAIL is probably what appeals to me the most."

>Beau Etoile asks, "When you walk into the room, can you picture in your mind what it looks like?"

>Beau Etoile says, "The best rooms (in my opinion) that I've created have the most detail."

>Beau Etoile says, "Detail tends to lead to length."

>Beau Etoile says, "We don't have any limit on the LENGTH your room can be. So no need to try and truncate everything."

>Beau Etoile says, "Likewise, you don't need a novel."

>Beau Etoile says, "Having exits in the description was a good point..."

>Beau Etoile says, "Since you can HIDE the exits in your home..."

>Beau Etoile says, "Go for having some of them in the description."

>Beau Etoile says, "Then hide them."

>Beau Etoile says, "MAKE SURE YOU USE SPELLCHECK."

>Beau Etoile says, "Dictionary.com is my friend."

>Beau Etoile says, "Let's see..."

>Beau Etoile says, "Along with hiding exits, you can hide other objects."

>Beau Etoile says, "Or not."

You say, "On the note of spellcheck: http://www.spellcheck.net."

>Beau Etoile nods to you.

>Beau Etoile says, "The best rule of thimb is that if you have an object hidden, it should be in the room's desc."

>Beau Etoile says, "Thumb, even."

>Beau Etoile says, "If its not hidden, it can be, but doesn't have to be."

>Beau Etoile says, "If you don't want objects showing up ON furniture, hide it."

>Beau Etoile says, "Here's something I was thinking about while designing the model home..."

Beau Etoile says, "If you buy an item, and want to re-arrange the wording a bit..."

>Beau Etoile says, "You have a wooden table."

>Beau Etoile says, "And you want a bright blue painted wooden table."

>Beau Etoile says, "Make it so in the description."

>Beau Etoile says, "I wouldn't go in for a world of change."

>Beau Etoile says, "But small changes like that will add color, protect your budget, and still let you have a great home."

Beau Etoile says, "Now here's a great question."

>Beau Etoile asks, "Do you NEED to have an object to put it in the description?"

>Mellie Knight shakes her head.

>Beau Etoile says, "Well, no...you don't."

>Mellie Knight says, "Just looks retarded when people try to touch it."
Mellie Knight whistles.
You grin at Mellie Knight.

>Beau Etoile says, "I wouldn't do so much of having items that are often interacted with...."

>Beau Etoile says, "But..."

>Beau Etoile says, "Say you want to DECORATE your home for a festival, or a season...."

>Beau Etoile says, "You don't really NEED that flower garland above the doorway to make it look good."

>Beau Etoile says, "Don't LIMIT yourselves to what we sell."

>Beau Etoile says, "But please, do limit yourselves to what you WOULD buy in HAELRAHV."

>Beau Etoile says, "Seasonal decorations bring me to a good idea here..."

>Beau Etoile says, "Change your descriptions, subtly for the season."

>Beau Etoile says, "Give your home flavor."

>Beau Etoile says, "If you have outdoor rooms, change the leaves on the trees, the flowers, e.t.c."

>Beau Etoile says, "Okay, everyone's facorite topic: Adjectives."

>Beau Etoile asks, "When are adjectives TOO MANY adjectives?"

>Mellie Knight asks, "If theres more than one before a noun?"

>Acosae Eshai gives Mellie Knight a high-five.

>Beau Etoile says, "A glittering silver plate."

>Mickey Brunner says, "Large delicious-looking cocktails."

You gaze at a pair of well-fitted twilight blue leather pants.

>Beau Etoile says, "So its not ALWAYS bad."

>Mickey Brunner turns to Mellie Knight and says, "You looose."

>Beau Etoile says, "But don't go overboard."

>Beau Etoile says, "EVERYTHING doesn't need an adjective, but they're useful."

>Beau Etoile taps a sterling silver hammered spinner ring.

>Beau Etoile says, "I GOT 4!~."

>Beau Etoile cheers!

>Mickey Brunner touches a partially-melted green plastic swizzle stick.

>Mellie Knight shrugs.

>Beau Etoile says, "But Mickey gave us a good one..."

>Beau Etoile says, "DELICIOUS looking."

>Beau Etoile says, "Darju eat spleens."

>Beau Etoile says, "Most Eolai are NOT going to find that delicious."

>Mickey Brunner says, "In my defense, my subpar building skills are legendary."

>Beau Etoile says, "So it IS best to stay away from adjectives that inflict desire, emotion, or action on another person's behalf."

>Hannah Channing says, "Monkey and shovel. The extent of Mickey's building expertise."

>Beau Etoile says, "And that's probably one of the most important things I can say."

>Beau Etoile grins at Hannah Channing.

>Mickey Brunner says, "I didn't show you that so you could make fun of it."

>Beau Etoile says, "Please make sure that you present a picture to people, not an interactive program."

>Beau Etoile stretches out his arms.

>Beau Etoile asks, "So, are there some questions?"

>Beau Etoile says, "I'm not doing well, I should still be lecturing you all."

>Beau Etoile says, "Oh. Movement."

>Beau Etoile asks, "When is it OKAY to have movement in a description?"

>Beau Etoile asks, "And when is it NOT?"

>Mellie Knight ponders.

>Beau Etoile asks, "Say I have a clock with a constantly swinging pendulum....is that okay?"

You nod to Beau Etoile.

>Beau Etoile cheers for you!

>Beau Etoile says, "Yes. Because that clock will ALWAYS be swinging."

You say, "Until I combust it, at least."

>Beau Etoile says, "What about..."

>Beau Etoile chuckles at you.

>Beau Etoile asks, "Having your pet doing something in a room's description?"

>Beau Etoile asks, "Or showing people moving in them?"

>Anya Lantriklir says, "No."

You say, "Tricky...could be feasible, with recent changes. Not recommended, though. The pet bit, I mean."

>Beau Etoile says, "It IS doable in SOME cases, but USUALLY not."

>Beau Etoile nods to Anya Lantriklir.

>Anya Lantriklir sticks out her tongue and lets loose a loud, "Thbtbtbtbt" from her lips!

>Beau Etoile says, "In the LACAD Promenade area, I talk about people moving back and forth."

>Beau Etoile says, "So you both were right."

>Beau Etoile says, "The general rule is NO."

>Tao Shadowstalker takes a bite of a slice of chocolate silk pie.

>Beau Etoile says, "But its okay, like in the Promenade, where you have what I call 'the unseen masses' who would always be around."

>Beau Etoile says, "As long as they aren't alwys doing ONE THING."

You say, "Just don't get specific. Like some guy sitting around reading a newspaper."

>Beau Etoile says, "So for Yaru's academy, having students in the hallways, would be great."

>Beau Etoile says, "For your home, it might not be so wise to have people sitting in the living room having coffee."
>Beau Etoile says, "The home is an extension of yourself, of who you are."

>Beau Etoile says, "Make it an extension of your character."

>Beau Etoile says, "Okay."

>Beau Etoile says, "NOW questions."

>Mellie Knight asks, "So puddles of Etai blood works?"

>Mellie Knight says, "As long as I kill him once a day or something."

>Beau Etoile grins at Mellie Knight.

You say, "Puddles of blood...wouldn't know who it belonged to, though."

You grin.

>Anya Lantriklir says, "Blood stains would work."

>Beau Etoile says, "That works."

>Mellie Knight says, "Excellent point. I could kill an yone."

>Mellie Knight says, "Er, anyone."

>Beau Etoile agrees with Mellie Knight.

>Beau Etoile says, "Oh...best to avoid day/night references inside, since those descriptions stay stationary."

>Beau Etoile says, "For outside rooms, GO FOR IT."

You nod to Beau Etoile.

>Beau Etoile says, "Include those fish ponds in outdoor descriptions."

>Acosae Eshai asks, "Wait, what? It'd be a good idea to mention the sun in an outside room?"

Beau Etoile says, "Well, maybe not the sun's actual position. But if you're outside, you can make reference to it."

>Hannah Channing says, "The effect of the sun on an item."

>Beau Etoile says, "Or make reference to the daylight."

You say, "Outdoor rooms have two descriptions. One for day, one for night."

>Beau Etoile nods to Hannah Channing.

>Acosae Eshai says, "I wasn't aware; I see."

>Hannah Channing says, "Which, same sentence you could refer to the moon's effect on the same item."

>Beau Etoile nods to Hannah Channing.

>Beau Etoile says, "Or go compeltely off the beaten path."

>Beau Etoile says, "And have two seperate ones."

>Beau Etoile says, "Keep your houses constantly evolving, ever changing, ever bettering."

>Beau Etoile says, "Now, what I'd like to take you on a tour of is the model home I constructed for the LACAD."

>Beau Etoile says, "Its a LOT larger than any of the other homes there. But it aptly demonstrates what you CAN do."

>Beau Etoile says, "I used a luxury home model."

>Beau Etoile says, "Mostly, because I wanted to fill it with furniture to sell you."

>Beau Etoile says, "Yeah, join me."

>Acosae Eshai says, "We can't buy the furniture in hurr right now, can we? Heh."

>Beau Etoile raises his eyebrow at Hannah Channing.

>Beau Etoile says, "Yeah, all the furniture in my model home is for sale."

>Beau Etoile says, "And won't be again until I open the LACAD."

>Beau Etoile says, "I figured you all deserved a treat."

>Beau Etoile says, "But I also wanted to show you how you could theme a home."

>Acosae Eshai asks, "Is there any way of letting those of us without a home right now put them on lay-away?"

>Acosae Eshai fidgets nervously.

You say, "Just wait a few weeks until LACAD is open."

>Beau Etoile says, "Now obviously, you can do things differently...not everyone needs a bathroom, a foyer, a kitchen...but anyhow."

>Beau Etoile agrees with you.

>Beau Etoile says, "Yeah, the LACAD won't be closed to the general public for TOO much longer."

[LACAD Model Apartment, Entryway]
The entry to the model apartment is pleasant and luxurious. The floor is covered by polished black and white marble squares set in a diamond design. A large, ornate mirror in a black marble frame hangs on the white wall. A collection of paintings of large sea creatures is grouped on one wall. A colorful flowering plant sits on either side of the sturdy tiroi door.

You also see the door out to the magenta hallway, a tiroi wood door, a short passage, a small square painting depicting a colorful school of afofesh, a framed sepia-tone photograph of a bushy-whiskered borf, a black and white photograph of a small seven-armed obowai lying in the sand on a beach and a glowing light.
Also here is Approval Neither Desired Nor Required Beau Etoile.
You see no obvious exits here.

>Beau Etoile says, "I started with an entry room."

You say, "Random home tip: You can make hidden passages by using uncommon portals. Tunnel, passageway, hole etc. and then HIDE it."

>Beau Etoile says, "You don't NEED one, but you should take some special thought into the that."

>Beau Etoile says, "And yes, that works."

>Beau Etoile says, "Especially if you want to have company, but still want some private space."

>Mickey Brunner says, "Nonstandard portals are in now? When I was playing around, I could only get things like 'door', 'arch', etc."

>Beau Etoile says, "Um...passage, hole, tunnel...I think."

>Beau Etoile taps a short passage.

You nod.

>Mickey Brunner vaintly attempts to get back into the loop.

You say, "Well, relatively nonstandard."

>Beau Etoile says, "Still need the stairs."

>Beau Etoile coughs.

>Mickey Brunner says, "Yeah, that's what I was trying for at the time."
>
[LACAD Model Apartment, Den]
Floor to ceiling book cases line two walls. They are lined with books collected from all over the planet. The floors are bare dark wood, with bright throw rugs scattered here and there. A large haeleio desk sits facing the center of the room, with a comfortable high-backed leather chair behind it, and two more sitting in front. Soft, indirect lighting brings out the glow of the rich woods. One wall contains a bright abstract painting. A huge, pale brown armchair sits beneath a tiffany-style floor lamp in one corner, just inviting you to curl up with a good book.

You also see a short passage.

>Beau Etoile says, "I believe ALL of the furniture in here is hidden."

You lean on a large polished haeleio desk with ornate brass handles.

>Mellie Knight taps a polished wooden floor to ceiling bookcase with carefully crafted molding.

>Beau Etoile says, "Unlike the last room where the artwork was grouped together in the description, and then left to be seen in the rooms contents line."

>Beau Etoile says, "And like Mellie just found out..."

>Beau Etoile taps a polished wooden floor to ceiling bookcase with carefully crafted molding.

>Beau Etoile says, "My bookcases are different than the description."

>Beau Etoile says, "There are a few things that will be available once the place opens."

[LACAD Model Apartment, Entryway]
The entry to the model apartment is pleasant and luxurious. The floor is covered by polished black and white marble squares set in a diamond design. A large, ornate mirror in a black marble frame hangs on the white wall. A collection of paintings of large sea creatures is grouped on one wall. A colorful flowering plant sits on either side of the sturdy tiroi door.

You also see the door out to the magenta hallway, a tiroi wood door, a short passage, a small square painting depicting a colorful school of afofesh, a framed sepia-tone photograph of a bushy-whiskered borf, a black and white photograph of a small seven-armed obowai lying in the sand on a beach and a glowing light.
>
[LACAD Model Apartment, Living Room]
The living room is a vision of studied elegance. Highly polished dark wood floors are covered with thick off-white area rugs. Buttery smooth, overstuffed, black leather furniture sits in a casual grouping in front of the fireplace around a beveled glass table that rests atop an ornate ebony base. Elegant lamps with cream textured glass shades the shape of jadda lilies sit and hang around the room. Bunches of white and pale pink flowers in elegant black enamel vases sit atop white marble pedestals. A tiroi wood door leads out into the apartment's entryway.

You also see a simple wooden doorway with a rose carved into the frame, a white marble archway, a tiroi wood door, an overstuffed black leather couch, an overstuffed black leather armchair and an elegant fireplace fashioned from stacked grey stones.

>Beau Etoile says, "This room has a mixture of hidden and visible furniture."

>Beau Etoile chuckles at Anya Lantriklir.

>Beau Etoile taps an elegant fireplace fashioned from stacked grey stones.

You lean on an elegant fireplace fashioned from stacked grey stones.

>Beau Etoile says, "Now..."

[LACAD Model Apartment, Kitchen]
The kitchen is a country kitchen where real cooking still takes place. The walls are aged red brick, the counter tops are white Jaddan-mined marble, and the floor is a glazed slate with colorful throw rugs in front of the work areas. Dark saifbraelsh cabinets line the walls. A cooking island with a vented stove beneath a hood sits in the middle of the room. Iron racks hold pots and pans of every imaginable description. The wall has two ovens set into it. A round wooden table covered with a colorful cloth sits in the corner. On the counter beneath a grow light is a small herb garden in pots. This is obviously the kitchen of a real cook.

You also see a white marble archway and a glossy white refrigerator with a silver ice-cube logo on the front.

>Hannah Channing opens a glossy white refrigerator with a silver ice-cube logo on the front, letting a cool gust of air enter the room.

>Beau Etoile says, "You'll probably find yourselves having one room that a lot of other rooms stem off of."

>Beau Etoile says, "The fridge isn't finished, but when I'm done...for 2.5 million, you'll have a fully-stocked refrigerator."

>Acosae Eshai asks, "Oh, so you're providing the food?"

You say, "Permanently stocked, I'd hope."

>look cabinet
You see nothing special.
You notice a price tag on a dark polished saifbraelsh cabinet indicating that it is for sale. The price is $50,000. You can BUY it, if you like.

>look refrig
You see nothing special.

>look in refrig
Inside a glossy white refrigerator with a silver ice-cube logo on the front you see the top shelf, the middle shelf, the bottom shelf, a produce bin, and a meat bin.

>look in bin
There is nothing inside a produce bin.

>Beau Etoile says, "One thing I did when I made my home was to add labs/workshops."

>Beau Etoile says, "Now, I realize that most people won't NEED a bonus for every room..."

>Beau Etoile says, "You'll probably want a bonus in SOMETHING if your house allows for it."

>Beau Etoile says, "So if you CAN, try to keep it in character."

>Beau Etoile says, "This stove...which is..."

>Beau Etoile says, "An alchemy stove, just a bit fancier..."

>Beau Etoile says, "And the kitchen has a bonus to meds and alchemy and poisons."

>Beau Etoile says, "The living room has performer bonuses."

>Beau Etoile says, "My bedroom has meditation bonuses."

[LACAD Model Apartment, Living Room]
The living room is a vision of studied elegance. Highly polished dark wood floors are covered with thick off-white area rugs. Buttery smooth, overstuffed, black leather furniture sits in a casual grouping in front of the fireplace around a beveled glass table that rests atop an ornate ebony base. Elegant lamps with cream textured glass shades the shape of jadda lilies sit and hang around the room. Bunches of white and pale pink flowers in elegant black enamel vases sit atop white marble pedestals. A tiroi wood door leads out into the apartment's entryway.

You also see a simple wooden doorway with a rose carved into the frame, a white marble archway, a tiroi wood door, an overstuffed black leather couch, an overstuffed black leather armchair and an elegant fireplace fashioned from stacked grey stones.
>
[LACAD Model Apartment, Bedroom]
The room exudes an impression of light and open space. Holographic windows line the walls on two sides giving the illusion of opening onto a green meadow with river and mountains in the background. The ceiling of the room appears to open to a spring sky, and cleverly spaced lights and fans add to the feeling of being outdoors. Bright sun streams through the artificial skylight, bathing the room in a golden glow. A large, four-poster white bed sits next to the windows, heaped with quilts and pillows in a pale pink and blue floral print. The bed's pale coloring is echoed in the abstract pattern of the deep carpet. A white makeup table sits next to a large armoire. In one corner is a large, overstuffed white leather chair. A saifbraelsh end table holds an open book. A tall tiffany-style glass and brass lamp in colors echoing the carpet lights the corner with a soft glow.

You also see a sliding glass doorway, a simple wooden doorway with a rose carved into the frame, a short passage and a large hand carved saifbraelsh armoir with a floral design.

>Tao Shadowstalker asks, "So would the poison bonus fall under the kitchen or bedroom?"

>Mellie Knight says, "Either."
>Beau Etoile grins at Tao Shadowstalker.

>Mellie Knight shrugs.

>Beau Etoile says, "Its up to you, but its one more way to keep things in character."

>Beau Etoile says, "Make your alchemy formulas in the kitchen, or a lab...rather than the bathtub."

[LACAD Model Apartment, Balcony]
A soft white marble balcony serves as an effective backdrop to a breathtaking view of an underground waterfall. High above the cave floor the river bursts forth from a fissure in the rock wall, splashing down crystal outcroppings to collect in a lovely pool at the bottom, then runs across the cave floor before disappearing into the opposite wall. An unidentified golden phosphorescent glow casts ever-shifting shadows from stalagmites and stalactites onto the walls. The balcony stretches out into the cavern in a half-moon shape which encompasses a small concrete fishing pond.

You also see a sliding glass doorway, a wood-framed lawn chair with a canvas covered seat, some colorful Eolai-knot tiki lights, a short stone wall encircling a pond and a thin hammock fashioned from a silver mesh.

>Beau Etoile says, "My fish pond is out here."

>Beau Etoile says, "The hammock is verbed. For anyone wondering why its so expensive."

>Beau Etoile says, "And the wall is there to help you make your fish room more realistic."

>Tao Shadowstalker sits on a short stone wall encircling a pond.

>Beau Etoile says, "And I hope that some of these items here will help you to make a more realistic home."

[LACAD Model Apartment, Bedroom]
The room exudes an impression of light and open space. Holographic windows line the walls on two sides giving the illusion of opening onto a green meadow with river and mountains in the background. The ceiling of the room appears to open to a spring sky, and cleverly spaced lights and fans add to the feeling of being outdoors. Bright sun streams through the artificial skylight, bathing the room in a golden glow. A large, four-poster white bed sits next to the windows, heaped with quilts and pillows in a pale pink and blue floral print. The bed's pale coloring is echoed in the abstract pattern of the deep carpet. A white makeup table sits next to a large armoire. In one corner is a large, overstuffed white leather chair. A saifbraelsh end table holds an open book. A tall tiffany-style glass and brass lamp in colors echoing the carpet lights the corner with a soft glow.

You also see a sliding glass doorway, a simple wooden doorway with a rose carved into the frame, a short passage and a large hand carved saifbraelsh armoir with a floral design.

[LACAD Model Apartment, Bathroom]
A classic white tile bathroom with deep rose accents. The rose carpet is deeply piled and plush, allowing your feet to sink deep into the pile as you walk. There is a large shower in the corner that is more than large enough for two people. A deep, luxurious bathtub sits beneath a holographic projection of a window that seems to open out onto the depths of a tropical ocean. The illusion is complete with berami, obaae, afofesh and other colorful sea life. A massage table is down right now, but can be quickly slid into the wall.

You also see a short passage, a personal imaging center, a colorful colage of berami cutout shapes, a foil-print picture of holographic afofesh in a white frame, a plastic obaae mounted on a wooden plaque and a large white porcelain tile shower.

>Beau Etoile says, "My favorite room, and I think Hannah's too."

>Beau Etoile coughs.

You ask, "Obaae?"

>Beau Etoile says, "They are like whales."

Hannah Channing nods to Beau Etoile.

>Hannah Channing flushes the toilet.
Hannah Channing flushes the toilet.
>Acosae Eshai flushes the toilet.

You ask, "Any plans for a jacuzzi?"

Hannah Channing flushes the toilet.

Beau Etoile says, "I may add some bathroom things."

You flush the toilet.

>Uh oh, the toilet seems stopped up!

Hannah Channing lets out a cheer of approval for a porcelain toilet!

>Water starts pouring over the rim of the toilet and onto the floor.

>A murky brown puddle of filthy ooze shrinks in size.

>look toilet
This is just a standard white porcelain toilet with a black seat. However, it does have a motion sensor with automatic flushing capabilities so that one does not have to physically touch it.
You notice a price tag on a porcelain toilet indicating that it is for sale. The price is $250,000. You can BUY it, if you like.

>Hannah Channing turns a large white porcelain tile shower to the right, turning on the water.

>Beau Etoile says, "I need to fix that shower message."

look shower
You see nothing special.
You notice a price tag on a large white porcelain tile shower indicating that it is for sale. The price is $1,000,000. You can BUY it, if you like.

You ask, "How does the shower work?"

>Beau Etoile says, "You TURN it."

You turn the knob to the left, turning off the water.
>Anya Lantriklir turns a large white porcelain tile shower to the right, turning on the water.
You turn the knob to the left, turning off the water.
You turn the knob to the right, turning on the water.
>Anya Lantriklir turns a large white porcelain tile shower to the left, turning off the water.
Anya Lantriklir turns a large white porcelain tile shower to the right, turning on the water.

You ask, "Going to be selling mops?"

>Beau Etoile says, "Probably."

>The shower head continues to spray a heavy shower of water.

>You lean on a personal imaging center.

>The shower continues to run, warm water pouring forth.

>Beau Etoile says, "And yeah, your personal imaging center should be in a place that's appropriate. Not the living room. Unless that's all you have."
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks. Smile
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mickey Brunner says, "In my defense, my subpar building skills are legendary."

The perk to being coder muscle is getting to make the builder GMs do all the menial work for me.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chevonne

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks for posting the log, I was sooo sorry when I got here that night and missed it.

well, based on the log, I probably made a few mistakes. But not as many as I thought!

My rooms are just labled "Living Room", "Kitchen", etc.... do you (anyone) think I need to put something like [Chevonne's House: Living Room] for every room? I mean, I guess I should put where they are in case they wake up in a strange place, huh?

I am no good at grammer... how would that be? [Chevonne's House: Living Room] or like [Chevonne's House, Living Room]? I know that's minor but.... i'd like opinions.

Also, one problem I have is that I have a fairly simple description for my front lawn. I'd like to put people in it. (Male Jaddan gardeners). But, I'm not sure how to add this into the description because i don't want them there all the time.

here is the description now.

As you step through the doorway into the front lawn you are met with a sense of contentment. Well-spaced Jalumin trees provide shade in the summer and sunlight in the winter without crowding the yard. Lush bushes line the winding walkway which leads to a small salt-water pond.

I know that you can't add actions. But, would it be acceptable to add something like .... "occasionally you spy a shirtless Jaddan tending to the bushes." and if so... where?

thanks...

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I am no good at grammer... how would that be?

[Chevonne's House, Living Room]

Could call it something other than 'Chevonne's House', but you get the idea.

I'll let someone else figure out the rest. I'm sleepy. Razz

-Chris
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject:

Thank you so much for the log. Some of us missed out because we had to work (real life, imagine that). Crying or Very sad

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
Thank you so much for the log. Some of us missed out because we had to work (real life, imagine that). Crying or Very sad

Ditto.

And Chevonne, you might want to try something like...

"The front lawn has been maintained meticulously. The style and shaping could only be that of a Jaddan."

This suggest that you have Jaddans tending to your yard but it doesn't suggest that they are always there.

Also, remember what Beau said during this:

Quote:
>Beau Etoile asks, "Do you use the word YOU in it a lot?"

>Beau Etoile says, "Please don't."

>Beau Etoile says, "Even I catch myself wanting to write in the second person."

soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Enverdi wrote:
This suggest that you have Jaddans tending to your yard but it doesn't suggest that they are always there.

but you can say that and imply that they're only there during the day by having different morning/night room descriptions.

in the academy, the mornings mention eolai gardeners going about their duty while at night it mentions students rummaging through the fields late at night to forage for tomorrow's required materials (or something).
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Home Design Workshop(Edited Log, LONG)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: