Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
performing
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » performing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: performing

what determines how well you perform and how high you're billed on the list of people playing?

yesterday night i was doing admirably and legendary with co-billings, now i'm doing admirably and stinkers with being the opening act most of the time, which is confusing because i actually had more charisma the second time around (with schmooze/alluring aura/and balance, at least). all my instruments are remarkably-tuned, too.

edit: yeah, i'm totally confused. last night i was making $80-$120 a performance and now it's $30-$80.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I have no clue what performances are based on. I'm a much higher level than you, with skills and stats to match, and I still haven't gotten out of the $40 reward range.

Perhaps it's that I don't do all that many performances, really, which would build up my reputation or some jazz.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

I haven't changed anything in a couple months (which was just to add some other hidden circumstance adjustments), but I manually ran an equation of all of your character's applicable stats and assumed the highest value possible for all randomized variables, and had you maxing out at no more than $90 -- high end. The lowest was $30something. It's a deliberately wide-gapped spread, but if you were getting $120, then there were likely some of the circumstantial bonuses in play. There IS an arbitrary random chance that you'll get billed as terrible as possible (regardless of level), but it's infrequent at best and not likely to occur several times in a row.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject:

i got $120 when i did a legendary performance. i think i also did an improv addition as well.

it would be cool if (ps: no clue if these do exist already, even):

1) different places favored different kinds of music (rirgon might like rhythm more than wind, while alteri might like singing, whatever).
2) certain areas prefer certain races (sucks for eolai right now, though - no bar for them!).
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject:

not sure if these conditions would explain anything or not. i do tend to have Hymn of Balance, Troubadour's Hymn, Drummer's Dance, Song of Wind and Heavenly Song up during all these.

Code:
Aeleon Oraea turns to you. "Have you heard of the Vkahnda Blade Dancing Quartet? They'll be performing at Darjuan Quarter, Rirgon's Tavern and I want you as co-billed act with them for a rhythm instruments performance. Go do your best!"

With a modicum of confidence, you put on the best show you can; and while it's not a memorable performance, you still do pretty admirably.
Roundtime: 17 sec.

You bump into the production manager, who happens to be looking for you. "Not bad, I guess. Maybe we'll see you around here again sometime." He pays you $91 and smiles before wandering away.

Code:
Aeleon Oraea finally nods and looks at you. "I want you to find your way to the dance floor of the Rainbow Connection. You'll be the opening act for the Eolea Akic Variety Hour. They're expecting something involving rhythm instruments, so you'd better go prepared. Break a leg."

Although fully intending to do your best... you end up putting on one remarkable stinker of a performance. Pee-yoo.

The manager eyes you with a minor amount of distaste. "I suppose you had an alright act, but your talent sure isn't worth what you're getting out of this. Now get lost." He hands you $24 and stalks off.

Code:
Aeleon Oraea turns to you. "Have you heard of Cirque De Solsaa? They'll be performing at the dance floor of the Rainbow Connection and I want you as co-billed act with them for a singing performance. Go do your best!"

With a modicum of confidence, you put on the best show you can; and while it's not a memorable performance, you still do pretty admirably.
You opt to play an improv accompaniment piece on your polished akoakoa.  It's well-received.

You barely have time to exit the stage before the production manager nearly crushes you in a pleased embrace and pays you $126. "Marvelous! That was the best act I've ever seen! You're going to come back for another performance sometime... right?" He looks hopeful.

other feedback:

1) boy do i hate boat venues. i especially hate it when you get two on the same boat in a row, because it will only be docked long enough for you to get on and finish the first one.
2) it would be cool if there was a Trouper bonus involved in this, too. the Eshai brothers must tour!

edit: oh, and is the billing level (opening, co-bill, lead) and applause level modifiers or just clues as to how well you'lll do?

oh, and yay me!

Code:
Aeleon Oraea finally nods and looks at you. "I want you to find your way to Ako Eokai Theatre. You'll be the headlining act after Muruchubo the Tap Dancing Argabu. They're expecting something involving singing, so you'd better go prepared. Break a leg."

The announcer intones, "Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together in a round of warm applause for... Eoceoe Eshai!"
A spotlight frames you as you take center stage, to thunderous applause and cheering from the audience.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

Knowing your own capabilities well, you put on a stupendous performance, much to the enjoyment of the crowd.
You opt to play an improv accompaniment piece on your polished akoakoa.  It's well-received.

You barely have time to exit the stage before the production manager nearly crushes you in a pleased embrace and pays you $132. "Marvelous! That was the best act I've ever seen! You're going to come back for another performance sometime... right?" He looks hopeful.

Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject:

I like the trouper bonus idea.

And. Mickey, did you change something like... five minutes ago? Because all of the sudden I'm doing stupendous performances whereas before I could only manage an admirable performance.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
I haven't changed anything in a couple months

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject:

so, erm, previous reply to this one aside, did anything change after that was written? eoceoe is doing rather terrible now pretty consistantly.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject:

Outside of messing with you on the pelt thing, nope.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Performers » performing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: